helping a friend out

okay guys anyone up for being generous and donating in my stead? id love to use the house storage but honest to god im short on cash. single parent + college have taken it all. not to beg but i was wondering if anyone had a charity i could somehow use for obtaining storage in houses. :)

okay guys anyone up for being generous and donating in my stead? id love to use the house storage but honest to god im short on cash. single parent + college have taken it all. not to beg but i was wondering if anyone had a charity i could somehow use for obtaining storage in houses. :)

Its 10 bucks man, $10 USD.....

Its 10 bucks man, $10 USD.....

I think this is a bit insensitive to be honest. Not everyone is in a position to spend $10 on a game, as you can clearly see from the OP, so don't assume they're all as well off as you are

Doesn't have the $10 to spend on a game but has the $60 to buy the game

You're assuming he's in the same position now compared to the position he was in when he bought the game? Who's to say he even bought it? Could have been a gift for a Birthday or a celebration of some sort. Hell, he might have even been sacked from his job since and is struggling to find another. 

There are so many things to consider before jumping to "It's 10 bucks man..."

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's cool to ask in a forum if anyone will donate money on your behalf, it's definitely more of a personal question. But just have a think why he's even asking for someone to donate on his behalf in the first place. I, for one, am pretty pleased that he's taking care of the kid(s) first before throwing down "10 bucks" on a game. 

But just have a think why he's even asking for someone to donate on his behalf in the first place. I, for one, am pretty pleased that he's taking care of the kid(s) first before throwing down "10 bucks" on a game. 

I agree. Maybe its a bad month, with money, and he figured he would ask. I don't think its wrong at all, he is being vulnerable with his honesty and just asking for a tad bit of help.

If "its just $10" Dustin, then you donate it for him. :)

• Like 1

I agree. Maybe its a bad month, with money, and he figured he would ask. I don't think its wrong at all, he is being vulnerable with his honesty and just asking for a tad bit of help.

I don't think it's 'wrong' per say, I just think it's a bit out of place to ask on a forum, but that's my own opinion. I think he'd have better chance of it happening if he spoke to someone on a personal level instead of a blanket request. 

If "its just $10" Dustin, then you donate it for him. :)

10/10 - Would 10/10 again.

I didnt want to put any of my in game friends on the spot so thats why i didnt ask any of them. i just know sometimes people are willing. And yes its very cheap but believe me when i say, children always have things coming up that you HAVE to pay for. also the game was given to me for my birthday :D 

I didnt want to put any of my in game friends on the spot so thats why i didnt ask any of them. i just know sometimes people are willing. And yes its very cheap but believe me when i say, children always have things coming up that you HAVE to pay for. also the game was given to me for my birthday :D

Got it spot on with Birthday ;)