Gang Hideouts and Redzones

Once a hideout is captured, it becomes an illegal area, everything within the sandbags making up the perimeter of the structure (until further notice), makes up the red-zone. 

Any activity in red zones, and areas actively engage such as Federal reserve and Prison, permits fire fights within respected zones against APD and rebels. Anything outside of those areas, shooting and such is a separate engagement and will be treated as such. If this was not the case, there would be no red zones or illegal areas to begin with. Prime example as follows;

APD rolls up on suspects with a vehicle inside gang-hideout, after approx. 3 min. of exchanging fire, some died in both parties and a few restrained. The suspects have back-up coming within the city and fire at remaining APD force from several houses outside of Gang hideout within the DP. In this particular case, the APD responds to the threat in the city to neutralize it as a separate engagement. It is a lot easier to look up the rules and spend some time reviewing them for your benefit before going about for another ten minutes believing that it was unjust and unfair verbally. The solution to this is to have your fellow mates enter said area of engagement to help out and the following protocol will follow accordingly. Just an FYI.  

• Like 1

Once a hideout is captured, it becomes an illegal area, everything within the sandbags making up the perimeter of the structure (until further notice), makes up the red-zone. 

Any activity in red zones, and areas actively engage such as Federal reserve and Prison, permits fire fights within respected zones against APD and rebels. Anything outside of those areas, shooting and such is a separate engagement and will be treated as such. If this was not the case, there would be no red zones or illegal areas to begin with. Prime example as follows;

APD rolls up on suspects with a vehicle inside gang-hideout, after approx. 3 min. of exchanging fire, some died in both parties and a few restrained. The suspects have back-up coming within the city and fire at remaining APD force from several houses outside of Gang hideout within the DP. In this particular case, the APD responds to the threat in the city to neutralize it as a separate engagement. It is a lot easier to look up the rules and spend some time reviewing them for your benefit before going about for another ten minutes believing that it was unjust and unfair verbally. The solution to this is to have your fellow mates enter said area of engagement to help out and the following protocol will follow accordingly. Just an FYI.  

Chapter XI - Illegal Areas

1. Drug dealers, Drug fields, drug processing, the Federal Reserve (during a robbery), Federal Penitentiary (during jailbreak), turtle poaching areas, frog fields, rebel areas and any other area marked with a red crosshatch are all considered illegal areas.

2. Gang Hideouts are considered Red Zones.  They encompass the area inside the walls that surround the Gang Hideout building.

I don't understand this post since this is clearly already stated in the handbook....?

Enter the area of engagement? So you want them to waltz back into the sandbags? From your description it sounds more of a situation where the friends came to help and the police should have continued with the engagement, even if outside the very specific red-zone you laid out, as long as it stayed within the rules of RP (i.e text, verbal warning from restrained parties, etc).

If the shooting started without further RP, then you were right to split up and process the few you caught (i'm assuming that's what happened). If the RP never ended and you took away high bounties from the gunfight I can understand how people would be upset. I hate to say it, but it seems like you're using the vague one line rule about red-zones as a crutch in this instance. RP some more dude!

Chapter XI - Illegal Areas

1. Drug dealers, Drug fields, drug processing, the Federal Reserve (during a robbery), Federal Penitentiary (during jailbreak), turtle poaching areas, frog fields, rebel areas and any other area marked with a red crosshatch are all considered illegal areas.

2. Gang Hideouts are considered Red Zones.  They encompass the area inside the walls that surround the Gang Hideout building.

I don't understand this post since this is clearly already stated in the handbook....?

This is not ment for the ones who know the rules, Wrice, it is ment for those who don't hence this post is not for you.

It sounds like your trying to tell us about a situation but you are not explaining what happened very clearly.

Three units rolled up on Three rebels in a clan at Gang-Hideout, after fighting it out with them, got them restrained and situation was neutralized. Within five minutes, three more related clan members rolled up into the city (DP) and proceeded to shoot into the gang hideout killing 2 of the 3 officers there. APD responded in code 3 straight into the city to apprehend the rebels. After all was said and done, this clan wishes to speak to higher up on how wave rule was broken to access the situation in the DP area.

Enter the area of engagement? So you want them to waltz back into the sandbags? From your description it sounds more of a situation where the friends came to help and the police should have continued with the engagement, even if outside the very specific red-zone you laid out, as long as it stayed within the rules of RP (i.e text, verbal warning from restrained parties, etc).

If the shooting started without further RP, then you were right to split up and process the few you caught (i'm assuming that's what happened). If the RP never ended and you took away high bounties from the gunfight I can understand how people would be upset. I hate to say it, but it seems like you're using the vague one line rule about red-zones as a crutch in this instance. RP some more dude!

That was not the case, RP was not used in this situation, as I mentioned this is for those that do not take the time to review and read the rules or guidelines, not for you and those that know the rules already. No this was not a crutch as you say. There is no point to where officers are to be RDM'd outside of said zone without proper RP I.E. hands up/release our friends or DIE. I enjoy the attack on me and my post but it sholuld be directed to those not RP'ing. Some rebels and clan groups pull this off smoothly, while others rolled up just like in this situation, and preceded to RDM two of my officers, No RP, no warning, nothing. After we apprehended all of them, took them to HQ, they wanted to speak to the sergeant (not present at the time) to tell them that we broke wave rule. So again, to those senior members and those that know the rules, please read carefully before you make a post suggesting something that isn't. 

Three units rolled up on Three rebels in a clan at Gang-Hideout, after fighting it out with them, got them restrained and situation was neutralized. Within five minutes, three more related clan members rolled up into the city (DP) and proceeded to shoot into the gang hideout killing 2 of the 3 officers there. APD responded in code 3 straight into the city to apprehend the rebels. After all was said and done, this clan wishes to speak to higher up on how wave rule was broken to access the situation in the DP area.

As far as I understand it the APD did nothing wrong, the redzone is what is inside of the walls of the hideout, and cops only need to respond to a situation in waves if it is a redzone. Since they were not going into the redzone  they shouldn't have needed to respond in waves. Plus I have seen numerous higher ups do the same exact thing.

• Like 1

As far as I understand it the APD did nothing wrong, the redzone is what is inside of the walls of the hideout, and cops only need to respond to a situation in waves if it is a redzone. Since they were not going into the redzone  they shouldn't have needed to respond in waves. Plus I have seen numerous higher ups do the same exact thing.

Exactly!

Sounds like the APD was in the right while the "Gang" members shooting from the DP were in the wrong. They need to be within the redzone to shoot with no RP. APD were within the redzone, finishing up, when they took shots from players outside the redzone, if I'm understanding correctly what your saying. If this is the case then the gang members just RDM'd.

• Like 1

Ya from what I'm reading here APD did nothing wrong.  The new group of rebels should have been at the walls of the Gang Hideout before they started shooting in for it to NOT be RDM.  And since they were not in a red zone then no wave rule is required to be followed when responding to the guys shooting from the city.