State of Olympus 2020

• Senior Web Developer

Not sure how betting is an issue considering it's a completely voluntary action.  Runs are dead because after you have like $5mill what's the point of doing runs anymore?  Just go rob people trying to do runs or start hitting the Bank of Altis.  Gear on the server really isn't that expensive and being able to get endlessly revived you never have to deal with losing gear.

Doing resource runs also sucks ass.  I've been playing this game since 2013 (on and off) and I've done my fair share of runs.  I'm very tired of sitting there mining, processing, and selling to possibly get robbed of my $1mill run.  I'd rather get a group and do the Bank of Altis for a quick $2mill+ in under 15 minutes.

As for cartels I would implement a timer to re-take the cartel after capping it.  Perhaps if you cap the cartel to 100% then it is safe from being taken for 30 minutes.  This will allow for the cartel cappers to hold the cartel for a minimum of 30 minutes.  Not a ton of time, but enough to pat themselves on the back and have 30 minutes of freedom to do something else other than sit on the cartel.

• Downvote 3
6 minutes ago, poundcake said:

i don't know, but i fight cartel for fights rather than holding for gang funds. unless there are the few cartel fighting gangs on, cartels are dead because after a couple pushes, people stop because they lose too much money. i do see how your point, though. i'm not suggesting a passive form of compensation for capping but maybe random events where a gang holds cap the longest can get money. something like a smaller version of conquest, for example. 

Something that makes fights fun and has people coming back. There are players waiting to hop on for fights so server pop will def increase if fights get better.