Just now, Community Director Sov said:

There should be solid rewards for people who WAR.  Good rewards.  But only for people who actually WAR.

i get that, I think disabling wp transfers would be a great idea, not the point im trying to make. just wondering why your still pushing the change back to them being more affected by gear and range when the devs were pretty clear they wont do that 

2 minutes ago, Pancake said:

i get that, I think disabling wp transfers would be a great idea, not the point im trying to make. just wondering why your still pushing the change back to them being more affected by gear and range when the devs were pretty clear they wont do that 

I mean.. It's not all devs.  And if you think something is worthwhile, you should always push for it.  Do do anything else would be a failure of my job as a cc rep in bringing up what most people want to happen.  

I should fight for it for the exact same reason staff can't be on CC. 

12 minutes ago, Pancake said:

devs were pretty clear they wont do that 

Because they don’t know the struggle of getting warpoints on server 1 they just cash in their gay staff points 

Just now, hawkg said:

Because they don’t know the struggle of getting warpoints on server 1 they just cash in their gay staff points 

Tbf, in some ways wps already don't  matter.  You can make it all with scrap just about.

37 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

I mean.. It's not all devs.  And if you think something is worthwhile, you should always push for it.  Do do anything else would be a failure of my job as a cc rep in bringing up what most people want to happen.  

I should fight for it for the exact same reason staff can't be on CC. 

gave pretty clear reasoning on why they cant add it, its really easy to exploit. they wont add something that's easy to exploit regardless of how many people want it, it would cause more harm than good. If you want actual change on the server it seems like it would be alot smarter to focus on changes that might actually get added rather than pursue things that have been explicitly denied, or propose some alternative compromise, which I haven't seen you do. Chasing things you cant get is also a failure of your job as a cc rep. 

Also, what is the logic behind reverting the system? maybe people had different experiences than me but it was ridiculously easy to get war points you could spawn in kav and pdub 3 guys and get 30-40 warpoints and when you died you would lose 1. I dont think it makes any sense in a game like Olympus to incentivize worse gear, just gives the good players a reason to farm the shitters relentlessly, which is what happened. Longshot rewards were kind of cool, because it was rare, but long distance fighting in arma is easily one of the least fun ways to fight in this game, at least in my opinion. Titaning should also probably not be incentivized, as it is an extremely one sided fight, and you can fire a titan from complete safety and it is an incredibly powerful tool, especially if you are at war and don't have to titan engage. A titan is a very powerful tool than can shut down air vehicles in a large area, from complete safety with its main draw back being that its expensive. There is no reason to give titaning a way to generate profit as it completely negates the only drawback it has. If everybody gets a bunch of warpoints from titaning, all air travel all over the map will be more aids, the only type of person this would benefit is the type of person who sits around all day trying to titan people for no real reason, but thankfully nobody in the Olympus community would ever spend their time doing that, so I really don't understand the change.

59 minutes ago, hawkg said:

If you cant go warpoint positive after 6k hours in arma its on you man  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Pancake said:

gave pretty clear reasoning on why they cant add it, its really easy to exploit. they wont add something that's easy to exploit regardless of how many people want it, it would cause more harm than good. If you want actual change on the server it seems like it would be alot smarter to focus on changes that might actually get added rather than pursue things that have been explicitly denied, or propose some alternative compromise, which I haven't seen you do. Chasing things you cant get is also a failure of your job as a cc rep. 

Also, what is the logic behind reverting the system? maybe people had different experiences than me but it was ridiculously easy to get war points you could spawn in kav and pdub 3 guys and get 30-40 warpoints and when you died you would lose 1. I dont think it makes any sense in a game like Olympus to incentivize worse gear, just gives the good players a reason to farm the shitters relentlessly, which is what happened. Longshot rewards were kind of cool, because it was rare, but long distance fighting in arma is easily one of the least fun ways to fight in this game, at least in my opinion. Titaning should also probably not be incentivized, as it is an extremely one sided fight, and you can fire a titan from complete safety and it is an incredibly powerful tool, especially if you are at war and don't have to titan engage. A titan is a very powerful tool than can shut down air vehicles in a large area, from complete safety with its main draw back being that its expensive. There is no reason to give titaning a way to generate profit as it completely negates the only drawback it has. If everybody gets a bunch of warpoints from titaning, all air travel all over the map will be more aids, the only type of person this would benefit is the type of person who sits around all day trying to titan people for no real reason, but thankfully nobody in the Olympus community would ever spend their time doing that, so I really don't understand the change.

I disagree with your opinion but I'm listening and I respect it.  

My counter is people are losing a lot less than they used to from not warring.  You don't see people with hundreds of thousands of warpoints stacked up from back in the day like you do cash for a reason.  They spent them.  

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

U must not be playing arma recently but ur lucky to find enemy gang let alone enough to start a kill streak. 

People don’t war anymore because they lack an incentive that the old system provided. U spending too much time with that dead beat junky druggy alcoholic loser @ Metro Boomin . His degeneracy is starting to show on you. 

• Like 1
  • STFU 1