Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Is the warpoint system ever going to be reverted back to how it was before the summer of 22? I thought it was at the top of civ councils priorities but clearly not.  The new system is retarded and it only rewards people who play server 3. The old warpoint system should come back. incentivizing players with warpoints is a very good thing. I am happy to provide the logic if it isnt already obvious.

• Like 2

bring back the OG titan wp stack, the refreshing feeling of earning +25wp's from a stacked geared hummingbird or the +10 from a 1k at og to rebel

• Like 4
  • BlessUp 3

We've been beating this horse to death for years at this point.  When we press the issue we get anger and told it's on it's way, and it never comes. 

• Sad 1
  • STFU 1
4 hours ago, hawkg said:

Is the warpoint system ever going to be reverted back to how it was before the summer of 22? I thought it was at the top of civ councils priorities but clearly not.  The new system is retarded and it only rewards people who play server 3. The old warpoint system should come back. incentivizing players with warpoints is a very good thing. I am happy to provide the logic if it isnt already obvious.

Requires an active dev to work on it…..

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, N9ne said:

Requires an active dev to work on it…..

Well... it's kind of more than that.  There's one that seems to insist on handling it I won't name because he got really mad at me last time and I like the guy, but he refuses to execute as asked.  

Basically it's a filibuster. 

• STFU 1
  • Developer II

Honestly development effort wise, making the changes mentioned in the posts and replies would be super easy. I think the larger problem is abuse and exploitation. Although there's things we could do to potentially mitigate those risks, we could never really prevent them. I think that is generally why it is a non-starter and for good reason. It's unfortunate but it makes sense.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Milo said:

I think the larger problem is abuse and exploitation

wdym?

The way it is now you can only really get warpoints from playing server 3.  This is a problem for many reasons.  Before the summer of 22 when you actually fought cartels and enemy gang u were properly rewarded. Now if you kill 2 people and trade with the second you will go negative in warpoints gained. Its pretty ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, Community Director Sov said:

There's one that seems to insist on handling it I won't name because he got really mad at me last time and I like the guy, but he refuses to execute as asked.  

@ codeYeTi

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Honestly development effort wise, making the changes mentioned in the posts and replies would be super easy. I think the larger problem is abuse and exploitation. Although there's things we could do to potentially mitigate those risks, we could never really prevent them. I think that is generally why it is a non-starter and for good reason. It's unfortunate but it makes sense.

Yeah that's kind of a crazy take tbh.  People having warpoints that can be bought and never risked by avoiding all gang wars and wz is basically duping.  That should be stopped.  

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

I never had issues with war points. 

@ Milo rangefinders fix > any war point changes. It happened again yesterday after a couple days of not getting that bug 😞

I already got an answer to this. 

milo.png

We're good carry on.

Thanks @ Milo

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Milo said:

Atleast remove the transferring of war points 😌

• Like 2
  • Developer II
11 hours ago, Milo said:

I think the larger problem is abuse and exploitation

To expand on this:

1. The way Arma does damage handling sucks. Depending on what other methods of obtaining war points would be added, I could see it absolutely being exploited by players who understand how bad Arma is at handling that. Especially since people have exploited more indepth difficult systems for less.
  2. Creating larger rewards for war points would further incentivise players to try and re-create those scenerios for the sake of farming points. That would be more people needlessly getting banned.
  3. If the system was changed then it was changed for a reason.
3 hours ago, N9ne said:

Atleast remove the transferring of war points 😌

Now this is something that I could see potentially being worked with and could potentially allow you guys to get some war-point changes through.

I am not saying that making changes to war points will be impossible but simply asking it to be "reverted to how it was" will likely never happen. If it was changed, it was very likely for a reason. Your guys best chance is working with small changes that does not significantly increase the risk of abuse and work from there. I don't have infinite money and I am a fan of war points. I'm just simply putting it out how it is.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Milo said:

To expand on this:

1. The way Arma does damage handling sucks. Depending on what other methods of obtaining war points would be added, I could see it absolutely being exploited by players who understand how bad Arma is at handling that. Especially since people have exploited more indepth difficult systems for less.
  2. Creating larger rewards for war points would further incentivise players to try and re-create those scenerios for the sake of farming points. That would be more people needlessly getting banned.
  3. If the system was changed then it was changed for a reason.

Now this is something that I could see potentially being worked with and could potentially allow you guys to get some war-point changes through.

I am not saying that making changes to war points will be impossible but simply asking it to be "reverted to how it was" will likely never happen. If it was changed, it was very likely for a reason. Your guys best chance is working with small changes that does not significantly increase the risk of abuse and work from there. I don't have infinite money and I am a fan of war points. I'm just simply putting it out how it is.

The order of wp's agreed upon by a majority of cc, that we kinda keep getting blocked out ..

1.  End all WP Trading.
2.  Revert back to OG wp equivalent system where it was capable to get like 12 if they had the right gear, right distance, right caliber vs ect. even titan bonuses.

Its that simple.  The majority of CC want that exactly.  We want people to have to war.  We want those wars to have benefits.  We want people locked out of some things if they're unwilling to war.  

We have the auction house now so if they want to sell wps, they can populate that with wp gear. 

3 hours ago, Milo said:

To expand on this:

3. If the system was changed then it was changed for a reason

did u play the server before 2023?

6 hours ago, Community Director Sov said:

The order of wp's agreed upon by a majority of cc, that we kinda keep getting blocked out ..

1.  End all WP Trading.
2.  Revert back to OG wp equivalent system where it was capable to get like 12 if they had the right gear, right distance, right caliber vs ect. even titan bonuses.

Its that simple.  The majority of CC want that exactly.  We want people to have to war.  We want those wars to have benefits.  We want people locked out of some things if they're unwilling to war.  

We have the auction house now so if they want to sell wps, they can populate that with wp gear. 

seems like the devs are pretty clear they wont revert wps because its exploitable why are you still pushing this 

8 hours ago, Milo said:

3482b8891b51597efad2e60682060429.png

Yes I have.

So then you’re just retarded? 

Anyone who says the main reason to get rid of the old war point system because it’s exploitable is retarded. U realize you can only get warpoints on server 3? 

6 hours ago, Pancake said:

seems like the devs are pretty clear they wont revert wps because its exploitable why are you still pushing this 

It's currently being exploited, and there's nothing in the return that makes it exploitable.  Being able to stack a currency you're supposed to lose if you get killed is exploiting.  There's no way anyone has ever brought up of not being tradable being exploitable.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

It's currently being exploited, and there's nothing in the return that makes it exploitable.  Being able to stack a currency you're supposed to lose if you get killed is exploiting.  There's no way anyone has ever brought up of not being tradable being exploitable.

yeah i mean u die on server 3 u lose one warpoint. U kill someone on server 3 u gain 4. It doesn't make any sense to gain more warpoints on a server where war kills are more abundant.  Warkills are more scarce on server 1. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Community Director Sov said:

wp trading is a separate issue than reverting the wps to how they were. devs arent going to do that. waste of time pushing for it, but it does seem like you have a lot of that on your hands to be fair. wouldn't doubt you just want the old system back to make titaning profitable again. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Pancake said:

wp trading is a separate issue than reverting the wps to how they were. devs arent going to do that. waste of time pushing for it, but it does seem like you have a lot of that on your hands to be fair. wouldn't doubt you just want the old system back to make titaning profitable again. 

Not really profit if you can't trade em.

9 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Not really profit if you can't trade em.

You can spend them tho?? are you trolling me??

5 minutes ago, Pancake said:

You can spend them tho?? are you trolling me??

There should be solid rewards for people who WAR.  Good rewards.  But only for people who actually WAR.