Wasteland Server

Verreken

I'm sitting here and got the urge to play A3 Wasteland again since the last time I played was over 3 years ago.  I popped open the server browser and sorted it to Wasteland servers and there just isn't any popular ones, the most players I saw on one was a Russian server with 14 people on it. This got me thinking, Would Olympus consider making a Wasteland server? I feel like the devs could honestly knock it out of the park with quality of the script work done on the Altis life server.

I, by no means, am knowledgeable as to the in's and out's of server management and what that all includes, Just curious on if a wasteland server has ever been discussed and if the possibility is there?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Developer II

Honestly really sad that Wasteland died, I just kinda expected it would when Arma 3 would. Used to be my favorite gamemode back in 2015-2016. I guess all of the servers just sorta died off and thus sorta just died as a whole. Realistically if we were to open a Wasteland server it would likely only divide our players numbers for Server 1 creating an undesirable affect. Unfortunately for that reason it would likely never happen but I do miss the gamemode 💔

• +1 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, Verreken said:

I'm sitting here and got the urge to play A3 Wasteland again since the last time I played was over 3 years ago.  I popped open the server browser and sorted it to Wasteland servers and there just isn't any popular ones, the most players I saw on one was a Russian server with 14 people on it. This got me thinking, Would Olympus consider making a Wasteland server? I feel like the devs could honestly knock it out of the park with quality of the script work done on the Altis life server.

I, by no means, am knowledgeable as to the in's and out's of server management and what that all includes, Just curious on if a wasteland server has ever been discussed and if the possibility is there?

I used to be pretty close friends with the owner of a wasteland server. I think it was called trailer park or something like that. I think his servers are still up but the pop is prolly non existent anymore. Arma is just a dying game with a small community now so  the likely hood of being to play game modes like wasteland, exile, or other things of that nature is just pretty slim 😞 sad to see but that’s just how it goes 

• Lead Map Designer
5 hours ago, Verreken said:

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

@ Milo fine, if I can't have wasteland, the least you could do is add in the M4 Scorcher so I can lob shells into cap from sofia 😂

This man might be able to help you out:

https://imgur.com/oGhyZAB
https://imgur.com/O4KIYIY

@ stayclaxxy

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, OG Abraham said:

I used to be pretty close friends with the owner of a wasteland server. I think it was called trailer park

Yeah I used to play here, just checked and it went from average of like 17-25 players to 0 in the past year. Surprised to see that server specifically die out tbh. 

• Sad 1
  • Senior Web Developer
6 hours ago, Zeuse said:

This man might be able to help you out:

https://imgur.com/oGhyZAB
https://imgur.com/O4KIYIY

@ stayclaxxy

ah yes, i'm due for another armored SUV run.

• Haha 2
On 9/17/2024 at 7:08 AM, Milo said:

Honestly really sad that Wasteland died, I just kinda expected it would when Arma 3 would. Used to be my favorite gamemode back in 2015-2016. I guess all of the servers just sorta died off and thus sorta just died as a whole. Realistically if we were to open a Wasteland server it would likely only divide our players numbers for Server 1 creating an undesirable affect. Unfortunately for that reason it would likely never happen but I do miss the gamemode 💔

i swear milo got kidnapped and someone stole his brain and replaced it with a gay AI his excuse is he got a new mic but noone is falling for it buddy