Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Latest on Bohemia's new " REALISM " update/screwup

• Admin

RC testing for a hotfix to 1.54 has started.

·         Steam branch access code: Arma3Test154RC

·         Arma 3: ~25.3 MB / Arma 3 Server: ~? MB

·         Areas of focus (pseudo-changelog):

·         DATA:

·         Fixed: Incompatibility with on-going development of our Eden Editor on Dev-Branch and scenarios created in version 1.52 (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=26519)

·         ENGINE:

·         Fixed: No longer forcing walk when Stamina is switched off by script (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=26727)

·         Tweaked: Increased the limit of remoteExec(Call) targets to 1000 (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=26743)

·         LAUNCHER:

·         Added: A workaround for a misconfigured or missing system file for the Task Bar API component, leading to potential CTDs (e.g. http://feedback.arma...w.php?id=26716)

·    Fixed: Unsafe cross-thread call on the PLAY button status change (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=26758)

I'm no expert developer but I don't see anything here that will fix the current issues. Devs? 

• Admin

I read on the dev blog that they apparently reverted to 1.53. I am not sure how true is this as Poseidon would have taken down the servers if this were true. 

26 minutes ago, I_am_Fuzzy said:

They made it so that if you disable stamina it forces you to walk. But there was a work around for this already.

What's the apparent workaround? I heard someone on a stream mention that you have to keep your right mouse button pressed and it will eliminate the sway. I have not confirmed this myself. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

I read on the dev blog that they apparently reverted to 1.53. I am not sure how true is this as Poseidon would have taken down the servers if this were true. 

What's the apparent workaround? I heard someone on a stream mention that you have to keep your right mouse button pressed and it will eliminate the sway. I have not confirmed this myself. 

I think the workaround that he's talking about has nothing to do with what you're talking.

He's talking about how the script that turns stamina off(Used in Wasteland, for instance) was bugged and forced players to walk. This hotfix is meant to fix that but a workaround was already there so it's a non-issue.

What you're talking about is that when you are aiming down sight, holding right mouse button holds your breath and steadies your aim. This was already a feature that existed prior to the recent patch but it wasn't always necessary to use in Close-medium range combat. Now however, it's vitally necessary to use in almost all engagements. However, it seems your lung capacity is directly affected by your stamina now too. So if you have low stamina, you can steady your aim for like, 2 seconds before it sways again. Right now redgulls are a must but I'd just suggest turning stamina completely off on the servers until this either gets fixed, or until further notice.

8 minutes ago, McDili said:

I think the workaround that he's talking about has nothing to do with what you're talking.

He's talking about how the script that turns stamina off(Used in Wasteland, for instance) was bugged and forced players to walk. This hotfix is meant to fix that but a workaround was already there so it's a non-issue.

What you're talking about is that when you are aiming down sight, holding right mouse button holds your breath and steadies your aim. This was already a feature that existed prior to the recent patch but it wasn't always necessary to use in Close-medium range combat. Now however, it's vitally necessary to use in almost all engagements. However, it seems your lung capacity is directly affected by your stamina now too. So if you have low stamina, you can steady your aim for like, 2 seconds before it sways again. Right now redgulls are a must but I'd just suggest turning stamina completely off on the servers until this either gets fixed, or until further notice.

The problem was that even with stamina/fatigue off your gun acted like you were fatigued anyway. But I sent odin some stuff that should fix it all together.