Wondering why my topic was locked

3 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

My 2 cents:

If you want solid rp from the APD, then give solid rp. Before I was a higher up or even someone who was known on the server, I always gave police solid rp. The rp I got in return was also legendary. If you try to force someone to rp, it ends up just being bad. We can meet as a staff/sAPD and discuss this tilde guideline. Honestly though, if you are wanted, then you are wanted. You know you killed ten people, or robbed a gas station, just put forth rp that owns your crime. 

As for teddy, relax. Don't try to pick fights with everyone. Each person's opinion is valid, make sure you know what someone is actually trying to say before jumping down thier throat. 

Also, just because someone gives you amazing rp, it doesn't mean they have to get a pardon. If you rp as a crazy dude who killed 17 people, your ass is still going to jail, but if you roleplays I'm more likely to give you a break next time we meet. 

I agree 100%, but there are many times where the cops won't dish out good rp, I was wanted for 100something grand once and was pulled over for reckless driving, since I didn't have a gun I pulled over expecting just a warning. Sadly, I got a "hands on your head" and my licenses were going to be checked, luckily I was able to run away b4 they cuffed me but it was ridiculous. Personally, I think there should either be the "tilde" everyone rule or make it so you can only pull people over if they are doing something illegal and get rid of the 150k bounty tilde rule. But since you bring up serial killers, if the bounty was equivalent to a serial killer AKA: 15 manslaughters, 300k ticket plus I'm willing to think of that as a good ground rule, since IRL nobody wants serial killers on the lose.

9 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

My 2 cents:

If you want solid rp from the APD, then give solid rp. Before I was a higher up or even someone who was known on the server, I always gave police solid rp. The rp I got in return was also legendary. If you try to force someone to rp, it ends up just being bad. We can meet as a staff/sAPD and discuss this tilde guideline. Honestly though, if you are wanted, then you are wanted. You know you killed ten people, or robbed a gas station, just put forth rp that owns your crime. 

As for teddy, relax. Don't try to pick fights with everyone. Each person's opinion is valid, make sure you know what someone is actually trying to say before jumping down thier throat. 

Also, just because someone gives you amazing rp, it doesn't mean they have to get a pardon. If you rp as a crazy dude who killed 17 people, your ass is still going to jail, but if you roleplays I'm more likely to give you a break next time we meet. 

If you guys wanna throw in some tips on how to deal with an imbecile that doesn't want to give their name up, I'm all in tbh. I even told him if he cooperated then I would cut him a deal, but he still didn't want any part of it. I admit my RP wasn't the most solid shit I have ever done, but if they want to be annoying I really don't have time for the bullshit, hense the reason I didn't process him. 

2 hours ago, John Linka said:

If you have everyone ready to walk out by roleplay, it's the wrong idea.

I have so many people say, "Just leave me I'll roleplay"

You did crime, get ready to do the time / have people save you. 

I get it you want to roleplay, but don't be known as the cop who always give reduced tickets and such.

I use reduced tickets like I would train a dog.  Dog doesn't bark at the postman --> gets a treat.  Rebel doesn't yell at me and call me a bitch, whore, fag, etc. --> Gets a smile and a reduced ticket.

Also role play, that's usually good.

• Like 1
  • Admin

In all honesty I just saw a man walking down the road. Cops "Identify" him as a wanted criminal. Remember the TILDE guideline is a guideline. Cops do NOT get punished for not following it. It is not a RULE. Let's put it this way. Some cops enjoy following it others don't. Granted I do NOT encourage cops to just go for a bounty. 

"OH G-SUZ THAT MAN IS WANTED FOR 300K AFTER HIM", LOOK AT HIM HE'S WALKING TO GET FUD AT DA' MARKET'. - Gary does this same impression. 

Yes the RP could have been better but along the lines of a real police officer it wasn't that bad. Remember, in real life a wanted criminal does not walk freely along the streets.  

You know. When I pull over someone for speeding or reckless driving I don't even check to see their wanted status unless they evaded. This is a way to kind of force yourself out of the usual routine. The RP is great by just pulling someone over to talk.  I have to admit though. The civs themselves ( highly wanted rebels ) do not allow this to happen. It just turns into a murder chaos.  I don't blame them, knowing that so many cops are just after a bounty and not actual RP. 

Again. Every officer has a different way of handling things. They DO NOT need to follow the TILDE guideline, they are encouraged to. I find it more entertaining to actually apprehend people with some sort of probable cause, other officers don't. We DO NOT punish them for this. Although the EYE SCANNER/FINGERPRINT SCANNER is a little overdone. 

TILDE guideline:

• A wanted criminal wanted for 150k DRIVING a vehicle, piloting a helicopter, pull him over for questioning. 
  • A person doing anything that would give you probable cause to apprehend him/her.

When you get caught, just give out your name. You gain nothing by holding out. We are going to process anyway. Can't find out your name? Don't want to cooperate? Illegal alien. Sent to jail. That simple. So RP with us, don't be a "HUEVON". 

The magic pistol?, the hunting rifle? the nerf gun? Grandpa's old NON working rifle from the war?. Also getting old. You shot cops with that gun. It IS going to the evidence locker. You can RP keeping that ILLEGAL WEAPON if you did not blatantly shot an officer in my face. 

Again. This is not a Hardcore RP server but we have some CIVS/COPS who actually like to RP Hardcore. Next time talk with the officers that aprehended you after you get off civ. Let them know how you felt. Who knows, they might even agree with you. But putting this up on the forums? This does not help the cause at all.