Jump to content
Olympus Entertainment - Presidents Day Price Match ×

Wondering why my topic was locked


bohde

Recommended Posts

Just wondering why my topic earlier was locked " Some horrible RP by the cops of Olympus, How to not be a Cop ". I was not reporting or wanting anyone to get banned. Was just wanting the Olympus Community to speak about and maybe learn from my encounter with the police. The title clearly states my intentions. The Topic is under Olympus > General > General Chit-Chat. If that was the wrong location, please lemme know where i can post for my future conversations within the community. Thanks.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment

Just because something wrong happened to you doesn't mean you should make a forum post about bad RP then make another post about your post being locked. The right thing to do is to submit a player report not to embarrass the APD officer to everyone on the forums.

Link to comment

Well to be fair, as a APD officer and civ.. Some APD officers need to improve their RP, for example money Hungry officers who brags about getting someones bounty on TS.. And then when they catch the person the only RP allowed is choosen by the officer and then refuses to listen to anything the civ says and only responds no to everything being said 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I didnt see him posting the vid cause he was salty. He probably is mad i would to. Walk to cops them telling you to put your hands up for no reason except for a picture description (yes RP but still). Im sure if anyone was arrested like that you would be "salty" too. Kinda Bull he gave the officer a name Johnny Ocean (Not wanted) officer lies and says Johnny Ocean is wanted for the same amount of bohde. Im bias towards NW (i think it was NW) for this situation and i think cops were wrong on this part. If i was there and would do differently was to say alright sorry Mr. Ocean can you please leave the scene.

I would have died when the officer said you look like a wanted man if you said Why is it cause im Black? Racist Then walk away. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, babooshka said:

you're wanted for a million dollars.  go play CG if you really think a dude wanted for a million dollars isn't gonna be hunted down and people aren't gonna know his name.

This isn't the same guy :P

Bohde was wanted for 193k.

 

I did watch the video, and I did have some concerns towards the end. The RP in the first half of the video, from the cops, could improve. I won't deny that. But it wasn't horrible. I think it's a bit silly that a fingerprint machine would be in a car for one. But if you commit so much crime, then there's going to be investigations done and your profile would realistically be available to the police.

 

Police in reality are briefed about profiles they have on potential high crime suspects on a regular basis. Serial killers especially.

The part that's more alarming to me is that you didn't get to speak to a superior officer. That's what I didn't like.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, McDili said:

This isn't the same guy :P

Bohde was wanted for 193k.

 

I did watch the video, and I did have some concerns towards the end. The RP in the first half of the video, from the cops, could improve. I won't deny that. But it wasn't horrible. I think it's a bit silly that a fingerprint machine would be in a car for one. But if you commit so much crime, then there's going to be investigations done and your profile would realistically be available to the police.

 

Police in reality are briefed about profiles they have on potential high crime suspects on a regular basis. Serial killers especially.

The part that's more alarming to me is that you didn't get to speak to a superior officer. That's what I didn't like.

Either way, I think it's getting ridiculous that people get salty over this shit. This isn't a hardcore RP server is it? It's unfortunate because the same people who complain about "No RP" spend their entire processing complaining and breaking RP the whole time, unironically. 

 

Maybe I have a totally wrong thought on this, but if you're wanted, you're wanted and you should try to explain your charges instead of relying on a broken tilde guideline to save you from actually "RPing"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, babooshka said:

 This isn't a hardcore RP server is it? 

This is the dumbest excuse i've heard... So we are allowed to use shit and crap rp just cause this is not a hardcore RP server??? Get outta here kid... Evertyime i am on duty i RP with one thing in mind, and that is to do my best with what i have.. Either the guy walks away with a pardon, or if a corp is one he can get a redused ticket or if all that fails a last resort he gets sent to jail 

  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, FluffyTEDDY said:

This is the dumbest excuse i've heard... So we are allowed to use shit and crap rp just cause this is not a hardcore RP server??? Get outta here kid... Evertyime i am on duty i RP with one thing in mind, and that is to do my best with what i have.. Either the guy walks away with a pardon, or if a corp is one he can get a redused ticket or if all that fails a last resort he gets sent to jail 

I think that what babooshka is saying is fuck the stupid tilde guidline. This guys  a wanted criminal! He broke the LAW! So of course he needs to be stopped and taken care of... This is a RP server Fluffy, its not CG this is not HARDCORE RP. I agree with boobooshka. Fuck the guidleline all it does is make people use it as an excuse for getting caught....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, FluffyTEDDY said:

This is the dumbest excuse i've heard... So we are allowed to use shit and crap rp just cause this is not a hardcore RP server??? Get outta here kid... Evertyime i am on duty i RP with one thing in mind, and that is to do my best with what i have.. Either the guy walks away with a pardon, or if a corp is one he can get a redused ticket or if all that fails a last resort he gets sent to jail 

Lol calm down tough guy. 

 

Way to completely ignore a post and come to some super accurate conclusions

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Colt said:

Yeah I would have talked with him but you know getting DDosed while playing makes it hard to hear you know?

At any point did it occur to you that he may want SOME explanation for why you couldn't talk to him instead of just saying "Oooo my goood" and then ignoring him? I understand if you're gettin DDos'd, but at least let a brotha know your wife's water broke... your kid just broke his arm... your stash of evidence drugs was compromised.... something man. You could have made that look better than it did.

 

3 minutes ago, babooshka said:

Either way, I think it's getting ridiculous that people get salty over this shit. This isn't a hardcore RP server is it? It's unfortunate because the same people who complain about "No RP" spend their entire processing complaining and breaking RP the whole time, unironically. 

 

Maybe I have a totally wrong thought on this, but if you're wanted, you're wanted and you should try to explain your charges instead of relying on a broken tilde guideline to save you from actually "RPing"

No you have a point. The guy spent his entire session trying to identify as someone else which really I mean, isn't great RP either. But I don't think the idea that we aren't a hardcore RP server should discourage you from RPing your heart out. Check out my signature, RP is what altis life is built on.

 

If I was the cop, I would have gone to dude's house for the ID. Either you bring me to your home to get your ID or we're goin to the station to get fingerprints. Either way, I'm gonna find out who you are.

 

And that's the thing civs need to learn, if you're not wanted for a lot then the cops will mostly ignore ya or they'll be easier to sway into the roleplay that you're someone else. But if you are wanted for a lot, you're going to fit a description. It'll be more about roleplaying your charges rather than your name.

 

You'd think after trying to identify as someone else for 20 minutes and getting literally no where you'd  try a different approach. The thing is, the cops here gave Bohde PLENTY of chances and time to figure something out. The RP on both sides could improve, but it wasn't anything close to the worst thing I've seen. And it's still a lot better than how cop used to be where they tilde'd everybody.

 

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, babooshka said:

Lol calm down tough guy. 

 

Way to completely ignore a post and come to some super accurate conclusions

Again, using the excuse that this is not a hardcore RP server to be able do dash out crap RP act thereafter than you need to look at other Altis life servers with 10 times better RP then Olympus.. Just a suggestion :) And i am calm 

 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, McDili said:

Absolutely, and I'm not trying to condone running around tilde'ing every quadbiker wanted for 1 count of assault, but I just think that it either needs to be a rule or not.  

I was a cop on a  different server for a few weeks that had a different line of thinking, where if you were wanted, you were wanted.  Everyone got tilde'd.  But even with that, almost everyone (save the salty rebels who got caught at a fed/prison/etc) gave good stories for their charges and actually PULLED OVER and RP'd when you stopped your car to talk to them.  Maybe it was a total anomaly, but I think if you try to "force" RP it doesn't play out well, it's not natural and it just makes everything about rules.  To me, just knowing someone's name doesn't mean they're shit at roleplaying or not.  It's just skipping a really annoying step that a LOT of civs try to exploit these days

1 minute ago, FluffyTEDDY said:

Again, using the excuse that this is not a hardcore RP server to be able do dash out crap RP act thereafter than you need to look at other Altis life servers with 10 times better RP then Olympus.. Just a suggestion :) And i am calm 

 

If you pay attention to anything that was written you'd know I wasn't advocating for crap RP.  That's really cool you give out pardons or half tickets every single time, that doesn't mean you're good at RP!  Stop trying to be a white knight because someone's line of thinking isn't the same as yours.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

At least i try to think outside the box in every situation, something alot of APD members don't do, they instead autopilots themselves through things.. Ask seargent Dustin about the RP me and him had the other day, he was ready to go to jail, ended up with a reduced ticket and walked out of there a free man.. 

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, McDili said:

This isn't the same guy :P

Bohde was wanted for 193k.

 

I did watch the video, and I did have some concerns towards the end. The RP in the first half of the video, from the cops, could improve. I won't deny that. But it wasn't horrible. I think it's a bit silly that a fingerprint machine would be in a car for one. But if you commit so much crime, then there's going to be investigations done and your profile would realistically be available to the police.

 

Police in reality are briefed about profiles they have on potential high crime suspects on a regular basis. Serial killers especially.

The part that's more alarming to me is that you didn't get to speak to a superior officer. That's what I didn't like.

The fingerprint machine wasn't in the car, the results were. And Colt was pissing

Link to comment
Just now, FuzyDice said:

The fingerprint machine wasn't in the car, the results were.

That whole process should be done at the station if you're trying to fully roleplay it. The idea is to waste more of a civ's time when they use that crap RP of failing to identify themselves. Ideally after a couple times they would hopefully learn that it's a waste of time to play the old "I'm someone else" or "You don't know who I am" card.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, FluffyTEDDY said:

At least i try to think outside the box in every situation, something alot of APD members don't do, they instead autopilots themselves through things.. Ask seargent Dustin about the RP me and him had the other day, he was ready to go to jail, ended up with a reduced ticket and walked out of there a free man.. 

If you have everyone ready to walk out by roleplay, it's the wrong idea.

I have so many people say, "Just leave me I'll roleplay"

You did crime, get ready to do the time / have people save you. 

I get it you want to roleplay, but don't be known as the cop who always give reduced tickets and such.

 

Link to comment

My 2 cents:

If you want solid rp from the APD, then give solid rp. Before I was a higher up or even someone who was known on the server, I always gave police solid rp. The rp I got in return was also legendary. If you try to force someone to rp, it ends up just being bad. We can meet as a staff/sAPD and discuss this tilde guideline. Honestly though, if you are wanted, then you are wanted. You know you killed ten people, or robbed a gas station, just put forth rp that owns your crime. 

As for teddy, relax. Don't try to pick fights with everyone. Each person's opinion is valid, make sure you know what someone is actually trying to say before jumping down thier throat. 

Also, just because someone gives you amazing rp, it doesn't mean they have to get a pardon. If you rp as a crazy dude who killed 17 people, your ass is still going to jail, but if you roleplays I'm more likely to give you a break next time we meet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.