Vigilante weapon holstering when trying to arrest someone!

Brotato

Ok, I had become a vigilante not long ago and when every I try to arrest someone that is just standing there the cops tell me to holster my weapon and then they just tell them to put their hands on their head, that is such bs, and also I was told by a cop himself that I was allowed to arrest people with bounties when they were around and then he just told me to holster my weapon when I tried to arrest him. Am I getting anything wrong about being a vigilante if so tell reply to this with help/suggestions.

Thanks

When I see a Vig running around with their weapon out I tell them to holster it, but if I allow them to arrest someone then I let them have their weapon out, otherwise it should just be holstered.You should let police know that you have a wanted criminal so that they have a fair chance to pay their ticket, if they refuse their ticket then the cop that issued the ticket should let you arrest them, if they paid it then the cop might give you what they earned from the ticket, but it depends on the cop.

• Like 1

Well I was trying to get the guy to put his hands up and I was saying put your hands on your head and they still said holster your weapon and still they just take it. Am I able to use my gun if he doesn't respond or doesn't comply with it? Because I don't want to get put in jail for trying to do my job.

As a Vigi you are still required to have your gun holstered at all times in town. If you see a wanted player you must engage in proper RP. If they attempt to run from you then you may down them. If officers are in the area and direct you to holster the weapon then you must holster the weapon. The general idea of a Vigi is to capture wanted players when the APD are to busy to or are not in the area. If APD are in the area then it best to just move on to a different location as the APD will handle wanted players where they currently are.

Now if you do catch a wanted player, you have to give them a chance to pay there ticket before sending them to jail. If they refuse the ticket then the officer needs to hand the player back over to you so you can place them in jail.

• Like 1

As a Vigi you are still required to have your gun holstered at all times in town. If you see a wanted player you must engage in proper RP. If they attempt to run from you then you may down them. If officers are in the area and direct you to holster the weapon then you must holster the weapon. The general idea of a Vigi is to capture wanted players when the APD are to busy to or are not in the area. If APD are in the area then it best to just move on to a different location as the APD will handle wanted players where they currently are.

Now if you do catch a wanted player, you have to give them a chance to pay there ticket before sending them to jail. If they refuse the ticket then the officer needs to hand the player back over to you so you can place them in jail.

Okay thanks for answering!

I always wondered about this when you're in a town far away or not near any cops. If you RP it and cuff someone etc and you're in like pyrgos or somewhere there are no cops, do you take them directly to jail? or do you have to drive ridiculously far, to bring them to a cop?

• 4 years later...