Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Problem - Disk at 100% Usage 24/7

Its only when I play arma. 

Screenshot of the problem click here 

--------------------------------------------

Screenshot Of Specs click here

--------------------------------------------

I had this problem before and I fixed it doing a tutorial but now its back but ONLY when I play arma 3.

So youtube tutorials of how to fix it is now non existent cause I did them and none fixed this one.

I put my power settings to "High Performance" and got instant results and no drops except when I get in gunfights I either get little or massive drops. So I was happy until I noticed it didn't fix my dick usage.

Buying a SSD won't fix my problem since others have said it doesn't fix. I reinstalled arma. Disabled Super fetch and other Services. Did stuff in the Registry. I did virus scans. Deleted junk folders. Most will say buy a new PC but I didn't have these problems before. I know everyone drops frames but there Disk isn't always 100% used. I can do this option where I disable windows paging or something but I only have 8 gigs of ram so my programs will crash from left to right. I can't win gunfights with these drops and I feel so potato aim cause I lag so much because of this. My HDD is like 1.80 TB. If you need more information about my PC than ask me and If you know a fix than tell me. Thank you.

GET EXTREME AMOUNT OF LAG WHEN I KILL SOMEONE CQC OR IF WE BOTH SHOOT. OR JUST THEY SHOOT!

Edited by usermane
1 minute ago, ToeKnee said:

I had this problem before to fix it you need a magnet and put it against your hard drive for like 5 minutes and it fixes it.

okay I live right next to a dollar store I'll go get some and tell you if it works! Thank you <3

Anyway if someone is actually gonna give me a serious response than feel free to help

Just now, tim2 said:

I have this problem on csgo u have what is called a memory leak there's is a bunch of tuts on YouTube 

will let you know if it fixes!

11 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I have this problem on csgo u have what is called a memory leak there's is a bunch of tuts on YouTube 

didn't work. My problem isn't memory leak its my Disk Usage.

Check out HD Tune Pro, sounds like you could have something wrong with your hard drive. If it's software related, it could be that you need to disable HDD sleeping. The easiest way to do this is to set your battery mode to High Performance if on a laptop.

Edit: You could have bad sectors and need a new HDD, just realized your read/write speed are both under 2MB at 100%.. which is absolutely horrible

Edited by Arkham
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Arkham said:

Check out HD Tune Pro, sounds like you could have something wrong with your hard drive. If it's software related, it could be that you need to disable HDD sleeping. The easiest way to do this is to set your battery mode to High Performance if on a laptop.

I have it on High Performance Already but i aint got a laptop.

23 hours ago, usermane said:

So I was happy until I noticed it didn't fix my dick usage.

Anyway, honestly I don't know why you think getting an SSD won't fix this. I've never encountered the 100% usage before, but I used to get bad drops when I or others started shooting.

Things got better when I upgraded my PC so that's really all I can offer. SSD can stop a lot of stuttering, ArmA3 is also very CPU based and since RAM feeds info directly to the CPU, it has more of an impact in ArmA so that could be a cheaper place to start.

Also I probably overuse it, but have you tried Lethal's Master FPS guide in the 'Guides' section on the forums? It helps a lot with stuttering for most folks. It definitely made a big difference for me. It's worth a try if you haven't already.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Anyway, honestly I don't know why you think getting an SSD won't fix this. I've never encountered the 100% usage before, but I used to get bad drops when I or others started shooting.

Things got better when I upgraded my PC so that's really all I can offer. SSD can stop a lot of stuttering, ArmA3 is also very CPU based and since RAM feeds info directly to the CPU, it has more of an impact in ArmA so that could be a cheaper place to start.

Also I probably overuse it, but have you tried Lethal's Master FPS guide in the 'Guides' section on the forums? It helps a lot with stuttering for most folks. It definitely made a big difference for me. It's worth a try if you haven't already.

I'd rather not face the fact I have tp pay 200$ on a SSD

imma check out the lethals master fps guide tho thank you 

Edited by usermane
Just now, usermane said:

I'd rather not face the fact I have tp pay 200$ on a SSD

I would start with RAM before an SSD honestly. Not only can upgrading your ram possibly make an impact, but you could also explore the uses of a RAMdisk to solve the issue (Though it is a bitch to deal with).