Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Locked MC Really Does Get Their Way

Just now, Talindor said:

Your right you did not, however your topic name suggests otherwise.

I'm sorry that it came off like that, but it's a fair topic. MC (and by MC I mean the leader) used his authority/position to obtain something that is completely out of the norm to benefit himself. It's unfair that things like this happen yet most players struggle to get an APD interview within decent times and most deputy's don't see Patrol Officer until they career cop it. In most arguments lately it's always been stated that the way the server operates is rather strict but when something that involves a sAPD who has these connection to MC or are in MC get blown over since like the server rules state can completely and fairly go around the rules to get their way.

11 minutes ago, Trilux said:

being that he's the leader of MC took time to click bait the item MCPD.

Lock the thread. You shouldn't be allowing mental illness of this magnitude to go on for this long. 

Honestly was wondering the same thing. Going to say my opinion on the subject. From the way I look at it I see it as favoritism *kinda*. To me it looks like a 1 for 1 type of deal Moob gets promoted and Victoria get promoted. Not that big of deal. The only problem I have with it or am a little confused about is why Victoria? NO offense to her or anything but I feel like there are some really good medics that I feel know the APD rules very well and are either deputies on the Apd or not on the apd at all. Why not choose them? Some of them have been on R&R for a very long time, longer that Victoria has even been in the community. I understand the deal with the APD and R&R truce I just feel Victoria passed up so many Deputies and really good medics because she is a girl. From the outside looking in it seems very unfair to some of the deputies who have been working their ass of to get promoted and then to just see a girl get the promotion they have been wanting. Could discourage other deputies. Make them feel as if they are getting passed up. Just my .02

• Like 2
Just now, Fat Clemenza said:

You're in the wrong as well Clemenza, although what you did doesn't go against the rules you stated that you cut a "deal" that doesn't benefit you whatsoever yet since when did people start caring about others to go out their way to put them in a position of authority. Even now with MC requesting the shit out of our member Haiwood you've offered many things for him to join so what makes this case any different, out the kindness of your heart? How does this conversation even get brought up, doesn't seem like you stated she reached out to you. Just my personal opinion that you're more bothered by the face of me saying I used MC as a click bait which is believable because it works as it is an actual problem, but you have stated anything on my conserns of players not receiving the same treatment.

1 minute ago, Mahmoud said:

i understand that he have the right to do anything he want but is it fare ? a lot of good APD members that waited a good amount of time until they got there Po test and i am sure if you asked those people a CPL or a SGT re-eval test questions they would answer so why will you favorite someone and give them po test when she don't even have 1 minute on APD why will you cause all this

Well you heard it from the Cheif himself, the candidates were given a test regarding their promotions which means aside of their cop minutes they passed and got promoted. One of the reasons why the time eligibility was added as a perquisite to getting promoted was so that the candidate can get familiarized with the rules and guidelines of APD. It is apparent that these candidates provided knowledge relative to their test and passed. 

On a side note a corporal messaged me, recommending a PO for the rank of Corporal as he felt that this guy deserved it, into which I replied with the following;

"I respect that but the problem is (and most deputies and PO'S are not aware
of this) is the fact that, they don't really do anything that stands out,
regarding sAPD. Some promotions are recommended by their fellow ranking
officers and I'm not saying it's bad, it's just that Regarding Corporal
positions they have to really stand out because they are that much closer
to moving up and beyond and let me just say that there were some mistakes that were made. It was
recently agreed that Corporal potentials will be thoroughly monitored and
considered if they show true promise."

So I understand where you are getting at Mahmound, however, if there is a Deputy, or a PO wondering why they are not looked at for promotions, assuming they met the perquisites and they have been in that rank for a bit, then they have to look at how they play, how they carry themselves, how to stand out, is there something I need to work on, am I playing a bit more then my required time? Message a senior that has played with you a bit, see if they have an opinion on you, it does not hurt to ask. When I started out, I look at the perquisites and I worked on them, and then my activeness and role play, I went around asking for an evaluation on myself to see if there was something that I can work on, closed mouths do not get fed.  

2 hours ago, Trilux said:

Word from the APD is Corporal Moob is giving away cop promotions for free if you give him a higher medic rank without the test for it. If I'm right Mecury got that Corporal rank, Dante got Patrol Officer and I think Victoria has Patrol Officer and doesn't have a single minute on cop. It's a little too soon since that MCPD post was made, come on MC you know better...  

I can not be bothered to read other comments but, you are a idiot if you think this is to do with MCPD.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Trilux said:

You're in the wrong as well Clemenza, although what you did doesn't go against the rules you stated that you cut a "deal" that doesn't benefit you whatsoever yet since when did people start caring about others to go out their way to put them in a position of authority. Even now with MC requesting the shit out of our member Haiwood you've offered many things for him to join so what makes this case any different, out the kindness of your heart? How does this conversation even get brought up, doesn't seem like you stated she reached out to you. Just my personal opinion that you're more bothered by the face of me saying I used MC as a click bait which is believable because it works as it is an actual problem, but you have stated anything on my conserns of players not receiving the same treatment.

We want Haiwood? Could've fooled me...

Maybe the R&R members weren't clear enough when they said that R&R and APD can be lax with promo requirements. Victoria had a part in getting Moob to S&R quickly. Moob asked me if he could return the favour and help her along with the APD. I okayed it. What the fuck's the big deal?

• Like 1

@Talindor In my opinion I think most officers are scared to ask what they need to work on. The sAPD has drilled in most people's head that if you even mention anything about being a better cop or a higher rank that you are trying to reference a promotion and therefore be delayed. Also from my experience and others that I have heard from it is very hard to get in touch with the sAPD. Many messages on teamspeak go unanswered. Not the sAPD's fault totally because I know they can't be there all the time. Just feel that if a senior APD gets a message like "Hey how can I be better a cop?" They will react as they are just asking to get noticed from a promotion and ignore them. I could be completely wrong but that is my opinion from the outside looking in. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Willski said:

@Talindor In my opinion I think most officers are scared to ask what they need to work on. The sAPD has drilled in most people's head that if you even mention anything about being a better cop or a higher rank that you are trying to reference a promotion and therefore be delayed. Also from my experience and others that I have heard from it is very hard to get in touch with the sAPD. Many messages on teamspeak go unanswered. Not the sAPD's fault totally because I know they can't be there all the time. Just feel that if a senior APD gets a message like "Hey how can I be better a cop?" They will react as they are just asking to get noticed from a promotion and ignore them. I could be completely wrong but that is my opinion from the outside looking in. 

I can agree with you on this back when i was a deputy many months ago and even when i first joined the server it was and still is scary to ask senior members about things. I cant really speak on their behalf but i know at least on R&R's side of things messages rarely go un noticed. When most of us are on if we get a message whoever sends it gets a quick response. I think there is a bad stigma with the APD about promotions. While I dont agree with their methods i can understand where they are coming from as they do have a higher influx of people applying to the APD.

3 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Well you heard it from the Cheif himself, the candidates were given a test regarding their promotions which means aside of their cop minutes they passed and got promoted. One of the reasons why the time eligibility was added as a perquisite to getting promoted was so that the candidate can get familiarized with the rules and guidelines of APD. It is apparent that these candidates provided knowledge relative to their test and passed. 

On a side note a corporal messaged me, recommending a PO for the rank of Corporal as he felt that this guy deserved it, into which I replied with the following;

"I respect that but the problem is (and most deputies and PO'S are not aware
of this) is the fact that, they don't really do anything that stands out,
regarding sAPD. Some promotions are recommended by their fellow ranking
officers and I'm not saying it's bad, it's just that Regarding Corporal
positions they have to really stand out because they are that much closer
to moving up and beyond and let me just say that there were some mistakes that were made. It was
recently agreed that Corporal potentials will be thoroughly monitored and
considered if they show true promise."

So I understand where you are getting at Mahmound, however, if there is a Deputy, or a PO wondering why they are not looked at for promotions, assuming they met the perquisites and they have been in that rank for a bit, then they have to look at how they play, how they carry themselves, how to stand out, is there something I need to work on, am I playing a bit more then my required time? Message a senior that has played with you a bit, see if they have an opinion on you, it does not hurt to ask. When I started out, I look at the perquisites and I worked on them, and then my activeness and role play, I went around asking for an evaluation on myself to see if there was something that I can work on, closed mouths do not get fed.  

Talindor You've been on this server for awhile, and if anybody should have their doubts about a subject as sensitive as this topic may be it deserves to be discussed, it's a clear communication barrier that's being addressed, why is it that things like this stay quiet until it's brought up by someone by me. Then a short reply is made to dismiss it as anything but these "dismissal" messages just denied "MCPD" rather than what I said. It's as if there's something here more than what's being stated. I'm sure you've made some notices on how things work actually behind the scenes. Everyone is quick to become toxic about a situation rather than briefly clear things up, of course when they do attempt to clear things up it's more of a work around or stating that they have the power to do so. It's upsetting to see that they do actually have the power to go around every rule, but I see there should be exceptions to what I'm saying to an extent. Also there's still no evidence that he actually that anyone took a test just a "He Said, She Said" which is quite annoying. 

Just now, Willski said:

This is different, this is asking how you can better yourself in your role looking towards the next role. What was posted a awhile back regarding your Opinion was the fact that every time the sAPD hops in to play, you will get players 'hinting' about their rank, "Dam, been a deputy for a month now look!" "Blo for PO!" "So....about my next rank...." This happens nearly all the time. It's a lot better and more respectful if we were messaged, "Hey, you played with me for a good minute, is there any areas I need to focus on?" We have 13 senior members and we rarly get messaged, or pop a forum message, we just get hassled 90% of the times and the jabs that we get in the format that they are given, it's a bit rude and tells us that you think that we are not doing our jobs, when we have a lot of responsibilities as a senior, so we shut it down. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Trilux said:

Also there's still no evidence that he actually that anyone took a test just a "He Said, She Said" which is quite annoying. 

Sorry, didn't know I owed you an explanation for my every decision regarding the APD. I'll be sure keep everyone in the loop next time. You know, the Staff operate the same way we do; behind closed doors. Why don't you demand explanations from them whenever they make a decision you don't like? I'm not responding to this thread any further and I highly encourage my colleagues to do the same. Call me whatever you want, but if I was as corrupt as you're making me out to be, the staff would've shitcanned me a while ago. I don't owe you shit regarding this matter. 

44 minutes ago, Trilux said:

Talindor You've been on this server for awhile, and if anybody should have their doubts about a subject as sensitive as this topic may be it deserves to be discussed, it's a clear communication barrier that's being addressed, why is it that things like this stay quiet until it's brought up by someone by me. Then a short reply is made to dismiss it as anything but these "dismissal" messages just denied "MCPD" rather than what I said. It's as if there's something here more than what's being stated. I'm sure you've made some notices on how things work actually behind the scenes. Everyone is quick to become toxic about a situation rather than briefly clear things up, of course when they do attempt to clear things up it's more of a work around or stating that they have the power to do so. It's upsetting to see that they do actually have the power to go around every rule, but I see there should be exceptions to what I'm saying to an extent. Also there's still no evidence that he actually that anyone took a test just a "He Said, She Said" which is quite annoying. 

Simple, it's the initial approach or context of how a potential issue or concern is being presented, had you had just message any one of us we would have provided clarity or you could have changed your "MC-Bait" topic name to "I have a question" and you would have seen a much more positive feedback. Promotions were given aside of a test by a simple ride-along, I do not know if you were there around that time, but it usually consisted of a senior and his subordinate riding around and playing the game, senior likes what he sees and gives the promotion to that officer. I would like to remind you that we have over 191 officers and it may be hard to stand out or try to get noticed as you may not only be the officer there in the channel. 

It's a bit hard on your end or any other player's end that is not with a position of power that knows what goes on regarding APD/R&R/Admin side of things. So your left to speculation, you observe the actions of those in power and come up with your reasons as to why they did what they did, happens also in real life. Now your opinions may be honest and just and you move on, but there are those in the community that observe every detail and hang on to everything to build up a case and create string theories on what is and why and post it for everyone to see. Then particular other members of the community would exploit that and use it as fuel (flame) to indirectly/direct cause arguments and it goes on and on and on. If it was not the MC in respected ranks of the APD it would be another gang, or if it was not Muthinator the Chief of R&R and Dev, it would be another member that the light is on. It comes with the territory, once you are in a position of power the media follows you everywhere and anywhere, negative or positive. 

In recent event and prior ones, (in no direct order) Olympus staff, sAPD, sR&R, and Support staff make confidential decisions and actions regarding discipline, issues, and concerns to protect the player(s) reporting, and the player(s) committing infractions, from harassment, retaliation, etc. If their decisions reflect the entirety of their factions, they will make it known. 

Regarding TS communication, we have soo many messages when we hop in TS that it is hard to keep track of them as they keep pouring in. Me personally I have more then 14-15 players messaging me all the time and I do my best to answer them all, aside of my other duties and sAPD, Moderator, and a part of the Community that I love and will always help out. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...