Random fps drops

I had a problem like this where my hdd's read and write speed was maxed and freezing the game so I reinstalled Arma 3 on my ssd which fixed it. Also make sure you specify how much ram & vram you want the game running on and how many cpu cores you have in the launcher.

If you have two monitors you can open task manager and your gpus software to monitor the speed they're running at and see if theres a bottleneck of some sort on your pc. This won't always fix the game because let's just remember it's Arma we are dealing with here... 

If upgrading hardware is out of the question make sure you optimise your settings as much as possible and make arma a high priority process in task manager so windows will allocate more resources to it.

• Like 1

It could also be a program such as shadowplay or something else using alot of your resources in the background causing the issue

My response  was a bit out of order so..

Step 1: Optimise your settings

Step 2: Monitor your resources and whats using the majority of them

Step 3: Upgrade whatever bottleneck in your pc is to eliminate the problem or if it's a program such as shadow play just stop using it / Uninstall.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ugly said:

Can somebody help I've been getting random fps drops it goes to down to 1 fps then my fps goes back up can somebody please help?

Forgot to say it really only drops when im

being shot at which makes me not able to do cartels our anything 

Edited by Ugly
  • Like 1

Read my post, it should be one above yours, Doc posted another thread, follow the instructions, if I was you I'd compleatly uninstalled and delete every arma file then reinstall and use the thing doc posted. I did that and it has defiantly helped

40 minutes ago, Monkey_Wrench said:

Read my post, it should be one above yours, Doc posted another thread, follow the instructions, if I was you I'd compleatly uninstalled and delete every arma file then reinstall and use the thing doc posted. I did that and it has defiantly helped

It fixes random fps drops?