BRING EVENTS BACK

Happy that the staff are doing events now however I hope they could be more organized and even. The one done today was favoured for cops and had rules changing non stop like the locations and the route, I hope there can be less confusion and more effort put into them as everyone who took part was very disappointed. I hope you listen to players who take part in the events and listen to their feedback :) 

58 minutes ago, Big Pappa Al said:

Happy that the staff are doing events now however I hope they could be more organized and even. The one done today was favoured for cops and had rules changing non stop like the locations and the route, I hope there can be less confusion and more effort put into them as everyone who took part was very disappointed. I hope you listen to players who take part in the events and listen to their feedback :) 

There were assumptions made by some participants vis a vis the route restriction (there never was one, just that the convoy would use the MSR, if an ambush or circumstances prevent the convoy from using the MSR, an intelligent person could surmise that they would divert for as long as needed before getting back on, which the police did) and also camping the destination of which I had made unknown in the event messages but for some reason a medic told everyone the details. Finally, nobody was arrested and processed, just like the event message promised. There were those who were restrained who I was able to, for the most part, promptly release. No rules were broken or changed, the final destination was changed and an event message was sent for the benefit of the civ participants to that effect. The civ force made false assumptions.

The event was pretty balanced as the civs made it I believe 300-500m away from their destination with their intended target. Secondly, at no time did I rule out the Police using an Orca and even then it was only used to bring the HVT back to the MSR to a soft-skin vehicle. Also it was 5v17, the civs were highly favored to win. However, the cops going off "script" was required as there were, as previously stated the end location was divulged for no reason.  There was one civ cas who was compensated for their losses.

The event is meant to be a challenge but a fair and logical challenge, I'm not gonna order the Charge of the Light Brigade for the cops to make the civ competitors lives easier. The Police force used their wits and out thought and out maneuvered the civs. The aforementioned final location for the cops was compromised as an event participant accidentally released that information. Participants were meant to hunt, acquire, take possession of and free the HVTs (like they did up until the lost the HVT) and not find out the final location and set up shop there as I never told them the final destination, my event messages, from the very beginning said an unknown location. For all you know, there could have been unknown alternates. Revealing the final destination would not have been fair to the cops.

HOWEVER, I will make an effort to be more clear and isolate the sides for a full verbal brief in the future so that comments concerns and better ground rules for events can be established.

Your  comments have been heard, details have been given to you as to the logic of the event, and I will take them into consideration. As for one thing I see in the future will be a Teleport to an area for a civ briefing to outline objectives, RoEs and address all concerns and queries participants have.

As for your assumption that everyone was disappointed, there were many, cop and civ, who expressed their enjoyment.

If anyone has any issues or event ideas for the future, feel free to message me and I will do my best to action your concerns or work with you to create your event.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mercury said:

There were assumptions made by some participants vis a vis the route restriction (there never was one, just that the convoy would use the MSR, if an ambush or circumstances prevent the convoy from using the MSR, an intelligent person could surmise that they would divert for as long as needed before getting back on, which the police did) and also camping the destination of which I had made unknown in the event messages but for some reason a medic told everyone the details. Finally, nobody was arrested and processed, just like the event message promised. There were those who were restrained who I was able to, for the most part, promptly release. No rules were broken or changed, the final destination was changed and an event message was sent for the benefit of the civ participants to that effect. The civ force made false assumptions.

The event was pretty balanced as the civs made it I believe 300-500m away from their destination with their intended target. Secondly, at no time did I rule out the Police using an Orca and even then it was only used to bring the HVT back to the MSR to a soft-skin vehicle. Also it was 5v17, the civs were highly favored to win. However, the cops going off "script" was required as there were, as previously stated the end location was divulged for no reason.  There was one civ cas who was compensated for their losses.

The event is meant to be a challenge but a fair and logical challenge, I'm not gonna order the Charge of the Light Brigade for the cops to make the civ competitors lives easier. The Police force used their wits and out thought and out maneuvered the civs. The aforementioned final location for the cops was compromised as an event participant accidentally released that information. Participants were meant to hunt, acquire, take possession of and free the HVTs (like they did up until the lost the HVT) and not find out the final location and set up shop there as I never told them the final destination, my event messages, from the very beginning said an unknown location. For all you know, there could have been unknown alternates. Revealing the final destination would not have been fair to the cops.

HOWEVER, I will make an effort to be more clear and isolate the sides for a full verbal brief in the future so that comments concerns and better ground rules for events can be established.

Your  comments have been heard, details have been given to you as to the logic of the event, and I will take them into consideration. As for one thing I see in the future will be a Teleport to an area for a civ briefing to outline objectives, RoEs and address all concerns and queries participants have.

As for your assumption that everyone was disappointed, there were many, cop and civ, who expressed their enjoyment.

If anyone has any issues or event ideas for the future, feel free to message me and I will do my best to action your concerns or work with you to create your event.

I understand civs out numbered the APD, but I'm unsure as to how we took out the 3 hunters and only got one of the hvts. Not sure if it was a civ error or not but that seemed to confuse the majority of civs. Aside from that your explanation makes sense and all I ask is for next time that you pretty please do a pre-event debrief like you said because if you heard our ts with 15 people guessing about the details of the event, you might contemplate suicide :P

• Like 1