Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

medics drop epis when dead

41 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Umm... no, not trying to be mean here but that could be abused. People would think, hmm... should I risk the medic reviving enemies or just kill him and revive my friend myself?

Weeeeell maybe if medics didn't walk into firefights and just revive the closest guy they see they wouldn't get shot. Only time I've ever had to shoot medics is when they decide to walk right past me and like 4 armed rebels and just waltz up to a group of bad guys with tags without saying anything to us.

I know RP isn't enforced super harshly on this server, but I'm quite sure if medics took the 5 seconds to ask the people still standing if it's okay to revive the dead guy, they wouldn't get shot period.

• Admin

This doesn't even need examples of how much this would increase medic death and how much it would be exploited. "If medics didn't walk into firefights", Then don't request in a firefight and tell all your boys the same? Medics will USUALLY revive by the safest route. 

Half the time people are yelling it's clear and wondering why a medic is walking right passed them but are already controlled by a gun. Especially since in a gun fight both sides (or more) will have already threatened the medic. So the medic is already taking a calculated risk reviving anybody at all. But they didn't get who you wanted so they are scum. 

I've seen some pretty good arguments about certain medics and how they handled certain situations but this idea would singlehandedly make being a medic 100% less desirable with how much they would die. 

Also if you hear ANYTHING related to a medic and didn't make an effort to control the medic because he can't just ignore death threats when the gun is pointed to his head then you did it to yourself. 

• Admin

Another side thought: I'm not saying medics are all roses here. Some medics dick people and when they do, and they don't listen, do what you gotta do. In certain situations I've experienced first hand myself a medic putting me in really fucked up situations because they decided to go out of their way to spite the person that threatened them. I'm just talking from a medic side as a whole and how this idea would destroy it. 

12 minutes ago, DanteFleury said:

Another side thought: I'm not saying medics are all roses here. Some medics dick people and when they do, and they don't listen, do what you gotta do. In certain situations I've experienced first hand myself a medic putting me in really fucked up situations because they decided to go out of their way to spite the person that threatened them. I'm just talking from a medic side as a whole and how this idea would destroy it. 

I have to say, I also agree the epi-pen idea is stupid. I was only giving that guy a reason why medics get shot. Trust me, for the most part, you're great people.

What I was meaning by, "walking into firefights" wasn't so much about who they revive, but just the situation. Let me give you a situation that I'm basing this off of that happened to me and my gang recently. Four of us were driving down the main road and got into a conflict with a group of 3. We killed 2 of them, and suffered no loses ourselves. We managed to pin the last one behind a car, with his buddies dead in an open field around him. The engagement was pretty far away, so we were just taking pot shots at the guy every few seconds to keep him pinned. Just as one of us was about to move up, a medic rolls up, mid shots, and starts to revive one of them. Prior to him reviving, we were still shooting at the car, shooting around the body, trying to get the medic to fuck off, but he wouldn't. So we had to shoot him. We weren't close enough to talk to him, but we gave him tonnes of incentive to fuck off.

That is what I mean by walking into a firefight. :P

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I have to say, I also agree the epi-pen idea is stupid. I was only giving that guy a reason why medics get shot. Trust me, for the most part, you're great people.

What I was meaning by, "walking into firefights" wasn't so much about who they revive, but just the situation. Let me give you a situation that I'm basing this off of that happened to me and my gang recently. Four of us were driving down the main road and got into a conflict with a group of 3. We killed 2 of them, and suffered no loses ourselves. We managed to pin the last one behind a car, with his buddies dead in an open field around him. The engagement was pretty far away, so we were just taking pot shots at the guy every few seconds to keep him pinned. Just as one of us was about to move up, a medic rolls up, mid shots, and starts to revive one of them. Prior to him reviving, we were still shooting at the car, shooting around the body, trying to get the medic to fuck off, but he wouldn't. So we had to shoot him. We weren't close enough to talk to him, but we gave him tonnes of incentive to fuck off.

That is what I mean by walking into a firefight. :P

Well I do apologize if I misunderstood your initial point. You'd be surprised (Maybe not) how rough the topics of medics were before Epis. I swear I was on the forums regularly having to debate about the purpose and quality of medics. Some were more respectable than others. 

Just remember outside of a red zone, warning shots don't apply for medics. One of you send a quick engagement message to R&R and if he doesn't fuck off then lay into him/her.