Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Link Ranting About APD Problems :)

I know some are not going to like this post and that I probably will get a lot of hate, but please leave feedback regardless of how you stand on the topic. I want to see how the community feels about this recommendation.

I've been playing on Olympus servers since the beginning, I've changed names many times and I have had to take short breaks for college but for the most part I have been active in the servers. One thing that has been present since the beginning is that the majority of High Ranking APD officers become complacent with their respective position in the force, and then proceed to play nothing but Civilian. This is not a post to point fingers, but simply my opinion on a matter that should be addressed.

At first this was only a small problem. Most situations could easily be handled with just Constables. However, now that the server has massive gangs/clans, the new prison on the island, and the new DLC has arrived it has become absolutely necessary to have at least 1 Corporal online. A well organized gang can post up at the prison or federal reserve and hold off wave after wave of constables and cadets for as long as they want to. They will just repeatedly get downed, then proceed to get back up, and then continue with killing the APD. Lethal rounds are absolutely needed in these situations, or else there is a 99% chance it will go in the gangs favor.

Don't get me wrong, I believe a well organized and equipped gang should be able to win its battles and deserves to do so, however, it is completely one-sided if there is nothing but constables and cadets responding. The gang will almost always have higher numbers, better gear, and better positions. This leads to very demoralizing fights that the APD loses 99% of the time. Even if the constables and cadets have the best shots on the server, the effective range of the Constables gun is very close to  the length of the Altis Prison bridge, meaning it will take multiple shots to down someone who is sitting slightly back. The wave rule eventually just leads to constables trying to down criminals while cadets rush the bridge or the fed, then after that fails the constables have to suicide across the bridge or into the fed to start a new wave, leading to nothing different except a few dollars spent on ammunition by the gang.

This leads to existing rules and problems I have personally run into.

1. Robbing the Federal Reserve - While this is easier for APD to handle than the jail break, it still comes down to having no options to win vs large gangs. Federal reserves are restricted to only happening when 5 or more cops are on. I do like this rule, however, I believe with the size of gangs and just how organized they are becoming robbing the fed is too easy and the odds are stacked too high vs APD if only constables and cadets are online.

Possible Solutions:

-Maybe we can add a rule that at least 1 of the 5 cops has to be a Corporal or higher?

-Or maybe offer selective training in lethal rounds to a few hand-picked constables who show promise; this would make robbing the fed a gamble if just constables are on, because the gangs would not know who is trained in lethal tactics.

2.) Jail Break - As I stated above, this eventually leads to wave after wave of APD forces consistently failing. However, I see Jail Break as a less serious problem because all one gains is time, and eventually a fun fire fight. This eventually leads to one side just getting tired and leaving, and gets pretty old for the APD if it is done repeatedly.

Possible Solutions:

-Put a time-buffer for how frequently a jail break can take place. Eventually driving forces out of the prison just to end up heading back after 5 minutes to start all over is pretty frustrating.

-Again offer the selective training in lethal rounds to hand-picked constables.

3.) With the new helicopter DLC, raiding has become a bigger problem. And APD without a Corporal or higher has very limited answers to this threat.

Possible Solutions:

-offer selective pilot training to constables, once again hand-picked for performance.

-I'm not real sure how to solve this, I just know its a problem and I also know the dlc just came out and rules are bound to be changed. I'm not impatient I'm just addressing a problem.

4.) APD Officers playing as civs spam texting police or specific officers about rules. This is completely distracting and very unprofessional. It does not occur that often but it does happen. I know this topic has been addressed in the past, but maybe a refresher on the rules wouldn't hurt? It gets very unpleasant to hear from fellow APD who are "off-duty" constantly stating rules, stating they are recording, saying "enjoy your time left on the APD.",  et cetera.

5.) Senior Officer's taking part in the above activities knowing the APD can do nothing against it. - I have personally been part of 2 federal reserve robberies, 5 jail breaks, and countless assaults from the sky by helicopter squads in the past 2 weeks. I know this seems like petty problems and just me ranting about playing as APD, but the problem is not what crimes are committed, its who was committing the crimes against a knowingly understaffed APD force. Both reserve robberies and all 5 jail breaks happened when the highest ranking officer online was a constable. Normally this is just a nuisance one must put up with, however, it is a very special feeling one gets when they are constantly trying to do the impossible against higher ranking APD officers. Every instance listed here was either committed by, or aided by at least 3 Corporals, 1 Sergeant, and 1 Lieutenant, this being the lowest number of higher ranking officials out of all 7 instances. I know, I counted. I understand getting a little burn-out playing as APD and just hoping on Civilian to have a little fun, but this has been happening too many times.  Higher ranking officials are too complacent and are not playing APD as much as they should be!

Possible Solutions:

-Olympus now has the stats&info feature that tracks a player's time in game as either cop or civ. 

MAKE A MANDATORY PERCENTAGE OF PLAY TIME AS APD THAT SCALES WITH RANK!

Now that its possible to easily keep track of who plays APD or Civ and how much they play total, an easy solution would be adding responsibility in the form of required play time that scales with rank. Failure to meet the % of playtime would result in warnings and eventual demotion, freeing up higher ranking slots for individuals who actually will put time and effort into playing APD. Below are just rough examples that I have put in for sake of demonstration, I do not make the rules and I have no idea how much time would be ideal. That's a problem that is all up to Hades! :D

Playtime  Examples:

Corporal- 25%

Sergeant-35%

Lieutenant-45%

I know sometimes the constables and cadets win, but this happens significantly less than the latter. I also know that I make mistakes, feel free to correct or point out flaws in anything I have said. This is not a self-promotion thread, I would love the convenient nature of being a corporal, but I've been a Constable for 5 months, and I still believe there are a few Constables that deserve it before I do like ItallionStallion and Mcdili, and even some Cadets. *cough* Officer Hitman *cough* :)

Solution to most problems listed above is to take the time to promote many deserving Constables to Corporal. Especially those who play at night ;D

Regardless of all the problems I have listed and the ranting I have done, I still enjoy playing APD more than anything else in Olympus. There are amazing officers who do play APD to its fullest that make playing with them worthwhile. My fellow APD officers are my Altis family, and I have no hard feelings against anyone in the force. I believe everyone with a higher rank deserved to get it, some just have slightly strayed from the appropriate path. :P  So don't think I just hate specific players, I love you all. <3

Disclaimer: I did not, have not, and never will make the rules of Olympus servers. That is the job of our lovely Admin Hades. This is simply my opinion on certain problems and maybe a few possible fixes.

To Clarify, This Post is Based Solely on the Times I am Able to Get On Due to College.

These Times Range from 11:00P.M CST - 7:00A.M. CST

Shooting out of helis is fucking op for civs... I love it but its true... I agree with everything link has said except for apd being forced to play a percentage of apd as opposed to civ. because its a fucking game and people should do what they have fun with.

Shooting out of helis is fucking op for civs... I love it but its true... I agree with everything link has said except for apd being forced to play a percentage of apd as opposed to civ. because its a fucking game and people should do what they have fun with.

I agree its a game, but it is a roleplaying game. With your logic, why not give all cadets titan missile launchers and mk 18's. I'm pretty sure they would have more fun with that  than just their tazer. Taking a higher rank should come with responsibility to the APD, if you don't want the responsibility just decline the promotion or step down.

I know some are not going to like this post and that I probably will get a lot of hate, but please leave feedback regardless of how you stand on the topic. I want to see how the community feels about this recommendation.

I've been playing on Olympus servers since the beginning, I've changed names many times and I have had to take short breaks for college but for the most part I have been active in the servers. One thing that has been present since the beginning is that the majority of High Ranking APD officers become complacent with their respective position in the force, and then proceed to play nothing but Civilian. This is not a post to point fingers, but simply my opinion on a matter that should be addressed.

At first this was only a small problem. Most situations could easily be handled with just Constables. However, now that the server has massive gangs/clans, the new prison on the island, and the new DLC has arrived it has become absolutely necessary to have at least 1 Corporal online. A well organized gang can post up at the prison or federal reserve and hold off wave after wave of constables and cadets for as long as they want to. They will just repeatedly get downed, then proceed to get back up, and then continue with killing the APD. Lethal rounds are absolutely needed in these situations, or else there is a 99% chance it will go in the gangs favor.

Don't get me wrong, I believe a well organized and equipped gang should be able to win its battles and deserves to do so, however, it is completely one-sided if there is nothing but constables and cadets responding. The gang will almost always have higher numbers, better gear, and better positions. This leads to very demoralizing fights that the APD loses 99% of the time. Even if the constables and cadets have the best shots on the server, the effective range of the Constables gun is very close to  the length of the Altis Prison bridge, meaning it will take multiple shots to down someone who is sitting slightly back. The wave rule eventually just leads to constables trying to down criminals while cadets rush the bridge, then after that fails the constables have to suicide across the bridge or into the fed to start a new wave, leading to nothing different except a few dollars spent on ammunition by the gang.

This leads to existing rules and problems I have personally run into.

1. Robbing the Federal Reserve - While this is easier for APD to handle than the jail break, it still comes down to having no options to win vs large gangs. Federal reserves are restricted to only happening when 5 or more cops are on. I do like this rule, however, I believe with the size of gangs and just how organized they are becoming robbing the fed is too easy and the odds are stacked too high vs APD if only constables and cadets are online.

Possible Solutions:

-Maybe we can add a rule that at least 1 of the 5 cops has to be a Corporal or higher?

-Or maybe offer selective training in lethal rounds to a few hand-picked constables who show promise; this would make robbing the fed a gamble if just constables are on, because the gangs would not know who is trained in lethal tactics.

2.) Jail Break - As I stated above, this eventually leads to wave after wave of APD forces consistently failing. However, I see Jail Break as a less serious problem because all one gains is time, and eventually a fun fire fight. This eventually leads to one side just getting tired and leaving, and gets pretty old for the APD if it is done repeatedly.

Possible Solutions:

-Put a time-buffer for how frequently a jail break can take place. Eventually driving forces out of the prison just to end up heading back after 5 minutes to start all over is pretty frustrating.

-Again offer the selective training in lethal rounds to hand-picked constables.

3.) With the new helicopter DLC, raiding has become a bigger problem. And APD without a Corporal or higher has very limited answers to this threat.

Possible Solutions:

-offer selective pilot training to constables, once again hand-picked for performance.

-I'm not real sure how to solve this, I just know its a problem and I also know the dlc just came out and rules are bound to be changed. I'm not impatient I'm just addressing a problem.

4.) APD Officers playing as civs spam texting police or specific officers about rules. This is completely distracting and very unprofessional. It does not occur that often but it does happen. I know this topic has been addressed in the past, but maybe a refresher on the rules wouldn't hurt? It gets very unpleasant to hear from fellow APD who are "off-duty" constantly stating rules, stating they are recording, saying "enjoy your time left on the APD.",  et cetera.

5.) Senior Officer's taking part in the above activities knowing the APD can do nothing against it. - I have personally been part of 2 federal reserve robberies, 5 jail breaks, and countless assaults from the sky by helicopter squads in the past 2 weeks. I know this seems like petty problems and just me ranting about playing as APD, but the problem is not what crimes are committed, its who was committing the crimes against a knowingly understaffed APD force. Both reserve robberies and all 5 jail breaks happened when the highest ranking officer online was a constable. Normally this is just a nuisance one must put up with, however, it is a very special feeling one gets when they are constantly trying to do the impossible against higher ranking APD officers. Every instance listed here was either committed by, or aided by at least 3 Corporals, 1 Sergeant, and 1 Lieutenant, this being the lowest number of higher ranking officials out of all 7 instances. I know, I counted. I understand getting a little burn-out playing as APD and just hoping on Civilian to have a little fun, but this has been happening too many times.  Higher ranking officials are too complacent and are not playing APD as much as they should be!

Possible Solutions:

-Olympus now has the stats&info feature that tracks a player's time in game as either cop or civ. 

MAKE A MANDATORY PERCENTAGE OF PLAY TIME AS APD THAT SCALES WITH RANK!

Now that its possible to easily keep track of who plays APD or Civ and how much they play total, an easy solution would be adding responsibility in the form of required play time that scales with rank. Failure to meet the % of playtime would result in warnings and eventual demotion, freeing up higher ranking slots for individuals who actually will put time and effort into playing APD. Below are just rough examples that I have put in for sake of demonstration, I do not make the rules and I have no idea how much time would be ideal. That's a problem that is all up to Hades! :D

Playtime  Examples:

Corporal- 25%

Sergeant-35%

Lieutenant-45%

I know sometimes the constables and cadets win, but this happens significantly less than the latter. I also know that I make mistakes, feel free to correct or point out flaws in anything I have said. This is not a self-promotion thread, I would love the convenient nature of being a corporal, but I've been a Constable for 5 months, and I still believe there are a few Constables that deserve it before I do like ItallionStallion and Mcdili, and even some Cadets. *cough* Officer Hitman *cough* :)

Solution to most problems listed above is to take the time to promote many deserving Constables to Corporal. Especially those who play at night ;D

Regardless of all the problems I have listed and the ranting I have done, I still enjoy playing APD more than anything else in Olympus. There are amazing officers who do play APD to its fullest that make playing with them worthwhile. My fellow APD officers are my Altis family, and I have no hard feelings against anyone in the force. I believe everyone with a higher rank deserved to get it, some just have slightly strayed from the appropriate path. :P  So don't think I just hate specific players, I love you all. <3

Disclaimer: I did not, have not, and never will make the rules of Olympus servers. That is the job of our lovely Admin Hades. This is simply my opinion on certain problems and maybe a few possible fixes.

100% agree, #4 is a biggie for me. There are even some that while on civ will hop in a cop channel and say these things. It takes the fun out of the rp, and the other people in the channel most of the time are no longer having fun in fear they might have messed up, when 99% of the time it's not true.

100% agree, #4 is a biggie for me. There are even some that while on civ will hop in a cop channel and say these things. It takes the fun out of the rp, and the other people in the channel most of the time are no longer having fun in fear they might have messed up, when 99% of the time it's not true.

It is sad but it is true. Completely breaks immersion, and solves nothing. It generally only leads to flaring emotions and awkward silence. I believe it has become a common occurrence so maybe people aren't saying anything, but it definitely should be addressed. I feel this can be addressed by the APD itself, by meeting this behavior with maturity and a unified distaste for these actions. Stricter punishments for the offenses wouldn't be a bad start either though haha :D

What you seem to be forgetting link is Corporals are just normal APD members. During the cadet and constable period you are technically not a cop but more so a potential cop in training. Just like everyone else we had a civ side before becoming a cop and most of us like roleplaying different scenarios that don't happen when you are on duty. Not to mention some of our higher ranking officers are also staff members so they have other things to handle to. 

What you seem to be forgetting link is Corporals are just normal APD members. During the cadet and constable period you are technically not a cop but more so a potential cop in training. Just like everyone else we had a civ side before becoming a cop and most of us like roleplaying different scenarios that don't happen when you are on duty. Not to mention some of our higher ranking officers are also staff members so they have other things to handle to. 

I completely understand that corporals are normal APD members, but they possess the means to solve every problem I have brought up. If Corporals did not get lethal's, or did not get helicopters I would have just started at Sergeant, but they do. Its not the title that I am emphasizing its the tools that said title provides. It's not title that troubles me, its the fact that once many hit corporal, they are done playing APD for the most part. And I also know cadets and constables are not "technically" APD yet, which just adds to my argument that higher ranks should play as APD more often. I'm not saying they do not play as APD at all, nor am I accusing anyone specifically, but if you can honestly sit there and say our higher ups in the APD just have better things to do then I think there are better people for the job. As for staff members, they know what they are doing and I have no complaints against any of them. Olympus Staff Work > Everything else, but not all higher ranks are Olympus staff. And for roleplaying scenarios off-duty, this is fine. Do you not think 75% of playtime as civ is enough time to accomplish this?

I remember link :D

voice dat opinion dog

And I remember Bobey  :D

I'll voice it, even though it is old and not known to the new citizens of Olympus. 

But what about you? Do you agree with what I said? You are way more of an expert in this and also have way more experience in the subject I'd like to know what you think .

Oh and shout out to you being one of the few that still play Olympus Altis Life with me that I out started with!

And I remember Bobey  :D

I'll voice it, even though it is old and not known to the new citizens of Olympus. 

But what about you? Do you agree with what I said? You are way more of an expert in this and also have way more experience in the subject I'd like to know what you think .

Oh and shout out to you being one of the few that still play Olympus Altis Life with me that I out started with!

Sadly I don't play much (outside of robbing people with the humingbird day one of dlc)  

I will give my opinion, and boy will I get flamed.  But fuck it, why not?  

You're right in just about every department.  On a sidenote, I don't even recognize the police force outside of the senior apd/a few lower ranks, its upsetting :s 

Sadly I don't play much (outside of robbing people with the humingbird day one of dlc)  

I will give my opinion, and boy will I get flamed.  But fuck it, why not?  

You're right in just about every department.  On a sidenote, I don't even recognize the police force outside of the senior apd/a few lower ranks, its upsetting :s 

Hopefully you won't get flamed >.<

And for your sidenote, its sad but its the truth. You are not the only one with that view of the APD, and why would it be different? With rebel gear and a good position, cadets and constables are basically just chew toys for the larger gangs/skilled players. Not to mention this view is further fueled by Cadets and Constables being 90% of the active police force.

It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. All I'm asking is that a few people with guns come and help out with the gun fight instead of immediately jumping to the opposing side. :)

I completely understand its a game. I play it and I enjoy it, but individual enjoyment should not come at the cost of another's experience. I can play APD and have a blast, and so could they at some point or they wouldn't be Corporal or higher. 

Altis Life is great and Olympus seems to be the greatest in my honest opinion, and its because of our community that I actually think some Higher ranking APD officers will read this and maybe put in a tiny bit more effort to level the playing field....Hopefully. :lol:

I'll try to respond a bit here. If I miss something please forgive me as the post was rather big.

Corp ranks are earned for varying factors. If we gave lower ranks the perks of the higher ranks then there wouldn't be a real reason to try and work your way up the ladder. The APD can't just promote those that don't deserve the rank either. With that I do agree that the higher your rank the more you should be on. Yes it is a game and is meant to be fun but if a person hits a higher rank then simply stops playing then they don't deserve the higher rank. They need to stay active and help the lower ranks. This doesn't mean they shouldn't ever play civ but they should be seen playing APD and noticed by players. R&R has started using the the stats page to keep tabs on the activity that players do. We use this as something to help us decide on if a player get promoted, demoted, removed type thing. Now time played isn't the only factor but it does have it's part. With R&R it is much easier to keep track of though as the numbers are nowhere near as high as what APD is. With APD it would require lots more work for this and could actually hurt having the higher ranks playing becuase they would be busy updating the stats.

I brought up a topic the other day about players who start out there situation with "I'm recording". From an admin side of things I may not even deal with tickets that start out like this. I also personally feel that if a player wants to start out a situation like this then they should just simply be sent straight to jail. They have already broke RP and so there is no reason the APD member should have to deal with a player who doesn't want to play correctly. I will be discussing this with the senior APD as well as the other admins and it just might be an addition to the rules.

If an "off-duty" APD member jumps into the APD channels on TS for any reason that is grounds to be removed from the APD. This is meta-gaming and will be dealt with if players are caught doing this. If they want to inform someone of a rule they can send them a message in TS but not jump into the APD channel. They also should not be doing it in an abusive or disruptive nature.

I'll try to respond a bit here. If I miss something please forgive me as the post was rather big.

Corp ranks are earned for varying factors. If we gave lower ranks the perks of the higher ranks then there wouldn't be a real reason to try and work your way up the ladder. The APD can't just promote those that don't deserve the rank either. With that I do agree that the higher your rank the more you should be on. Yes it is a game and is meant to be fun but if a person hits a higher rank then simply stops playing then they don't deserve the higher rank. They need to stay active and help the lower ranks. This doesn't mean they shouldn't ever play civ but they should be seen playing APD and noticed by players. R&R has started using the the stats page to keep tabs on the activity that players do. We use this as something to help us decide on if a player get promoted, demoted, removed type thing. Now time played isn't the only factor but it does have it's part. With R&R it is much easier to keep track of though as the numbers are nowhere near as high as what APD is. With APD it would require lots more work for this and could actually hurt having the higher ranks playing becuase they would be busy updating the stats.

I brought up a topic the other day about players who start out there situation with "I'm recording". From an admin side of things I may not even deal with tickets that start out like this. I also personally feel that if a player wants to start out a situation like this then they should just simply be sent straight to jail. They have already broke RP and so there is no reason the APD member should have to deal with a player who doesn't want to play correctly. I will be discussing this with the senior APD as well as the other admins and it just might be an addition to the rules.

If an "off-duty" APD member jumps into the APD channels on TS for any reason that is grounds to be removed from the APD. This is meta-gaming and will be dealt with if players are caught doing this. If they want to inform someone of a rule they can send them a message in TS but not jump into the APD channel. They also should not be doing it in an abusive or disruptive nature.

I appreciate that you took the time to read my post. :) 

As for the promotions in the APD. It's not up to me, but I have been on the force for a long time and I've met just about every kind of APD player there is. I know you can't just promote everyone, but there are a few that have proven themselves time and time again. Yet they do not get promoted. I believe its simply because we play at different times, but I'm not one to argue, you clearly are more informed and above me on this matter. :D  And for the lethal rounds, I suppose I should re-phrase what I was trying to say. I see it as more of a trial period for a constable. Lets say you give Constable ItallionStallion the proper training and permissions to use lethal rounds after he has proven himself to be a dedicated and loyal APD member. Could this serve as a trial period to see if they are ready for Corporal?  This would leave the hummingbird as a Corporal Exclusive Item as well as the better MX rifle and clothing " we love our aesthetics you all know it", leaving desirable tools to climb the APD ladder for but also giving good constables a tool to handle situations when superior officers are busy or not online.  I'm by no means trying to tell anyone how to run things, I'm just trying to clarify if I'm just shooting in the dark here. haha

I also like your response to the "I'm recording" topic, I read your post but I did not know how far it extended and if it even covered the topic between APD officers: one being on civ of course.

As for the teamspeak channel, would we just submit a normal player report ticket or would that be more of a personal message subject?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer some of my questions. :P

It really wouldn't be possible to just give certain items to certain players. Doing something like this would require one player to give the other player to the items or new ranks on the backend would need to be created. In the end Cadet and Constable are basically trials for the APD members. While I do understand there are probably players that have been missed the seniors do try and get everyone. IF they don't see them play then it def can effect there promotions. I would say if you as an APD member see another APD member doing good things, it doesn't hurt to just drop a quick TS message to one of the seniors just letting em know.

For the TS issue just submit a normal player report. Make sure you have the audio of the whole situation otherwise there might not be much we can do about it.

It really wouldn't be possible to just give certain items to certain players. Doing something like this would require one player to give the other player to the items or new ranks on the backend would need to be created. In the end Cadet and Constable are basically trials for the APD members. While I do understand there are probably players that have been missed the seniors do try and get everyone. IF they don't see them play then it def can effect there promotions. I would say if you as an APD member see another APD member doing good things, it doesn't hurt to just drop a quick TS message to one of the seniors just letting em know.

For the TS issue just submit a normal player report. Make sure you have the audio of the whole situation otherwise there might not be much we can do about it.

Alright that pretty much sums up my problems and solutions >.<

I suppose things can't be perfect so the best we can do at this point is just say please to the higher ranking APD. lol

And I didn't know how coding for ARMA works, I thought maybe you could just change a variable or two to give someone permission in a store. I am highly ignorant on ARMA systems. This makes my solution to that highly insufficient and ineffective. I also didn't know the strain stats&Info would put on your system with that many users. Good to know. Maybe others can find this useful like i did thanks alot  :)

#4 is my biggest pet peeve. I've been having a LOT of that crap as have my fellow officers, and it really grinds my gears. Especially when they go so far as to jump into team speak to tell you how to do your job, which is out of RP and annoying. 

#4 is my biggest pet peeve. I've been having a LOT of that crap as have my fellow officers, and it really grinds my gears. Especially when they go so far as to jump into team speak to tell you how to do your job, which is out of RP and annoying. 

That dreaded #4...at least now we no its still not ok. I find it to be the worst offense of them all and hope we can end it quickly. It would just make for a better overall experience for everyone. :)

R&R has started using the the stats page to keep tabs on the activity that players do. We use this as something to help us decide on if a player get promoted, demoted, removed type thing. Now time played isn't the only factor but it does have it's part. With R&R it is much easier to keep track of though as the numbers are nowhere near as high as what APD is. With APD it would require lots more work for this and could actually hurt having the higher ranks playing becuase they would be busy updating the stats.

It would actually be pretty easy, given a list of Player ID's (or a database, etc.) to query the stats page and auto-compile a report, if that's what needs to be done.  Let me know if you need some info on that.

On the point of rules, having citizens yelling at cops because they don't know rules is, well, a part of America.   I agree about the TS thing, but clarifying rules in game and with RP seems like... real life.  If a cop doesn't know the rules, either they aren't learning them properly or they aren't being taught or conveyed properly.  Now having a civilian interfere in a police radio channel is a different matter and should be illegal =)

It would actually be pretty easy, given a list of Player ID's (or a database, etc.) to query the stats page and auto-compile a report, if that's what needs to be done.  Let me know if you need some info on that.

On the point of rules, having citizens yelling at cops because they don't know rules is, well, a part of America.   I agree about the TS thing, but clarifying rules in game and with RP seems like... real life.  If a cop doesn't know the rules, either they aren't learning them properly or they aren't being taught or conveyed properly.  Now having a civilian interfere in a police radio channel is a different matter and should be illegal =)

I like the first part. :D I'm a computer science major, but I have not made it far enough in courses to trust myself with something sophisticated that could effect so many people haha. I would love for APD ranking to be directly tied to a percentage of play time as APD and this would make that possible.

Also the point wasn't citizens yelling at cops, the point was cops breaking RP and pulling rank while playing as civilians. I rather enjoy a good roleplayed debate with a citizen of Altis about cop rules, but when people immediately break RP and start stating they are also APD and pulling rank, things have already gone too far and are no longer fun. Officers have to tread on thin ice for this reason and it gets really frustrating. It is difficult to deal with these situations because you feel inclined to agree with fellow APD officers and you know you will eventually have to play with them at some point. It gets really difficult when so many believe they can instantly break RP and cause problems just because they are a member of the APD.

Cop ranks are not something that will be earned based on time played.  The reason is you may play all day but not know some of the fundamental rules of the APD.  You need to show you can handle the responsibility of the next rank.  RP is another big factor in promotions and someones time played doesn't tell us anything about this.  It is mentioned that its not the title that you want given its  more about the tools.  Well those tools become available to someone once they show we can trust them to use the correctly.  Leathels are a serious matter and will not be handed out.  This also goes for helicopters in the APD they will not be handed out as you must earn the rank of corporal to gain access.  The Senior APD is trying its best to stay on top of promotions so please be patient we have a lot! 

As for Civs breaking RP this is a issue that I have been working on the last week.  I have spoken with many gangs/APD members about this problem.  It is never fun to process someone and hear "Im recording you better not mess up" or "if you do this ill get you banned".  To me this eliminates the RP experience.  Its not something that just needs to happen in the Rebel side the APD also need to work on there RP skills when engaging enemies.

Anyone caught on Civilian in a Police channel will face demotion or removal from the APD.

• Like 1

Cop ranks are not something that will be earned based on time played.  The reason is you may play all day but not know some of the fundamental rules of the APD.  You need to show you can handle the responsibility of the next rank.  RP is another big factor in promotions and someones time played doesn't tell us anything about this.  It is mentioned that its not the title that you want given its  more about the tools.  Well those tools become available to someone once they show we can trust them to use the correctly.  Leathels are a serious matter and will not be handed out.  This also goes for helicopters in the APD they will not be handed out as you must earn the rank of corporal to gain access.  The Senior APD is trying its best to stay on top of promotions so please be patient we have a lot! 

As for Civs breaking RP this is a issue that I have been working on the last week.  I have spoken with many gangs/APD members about this problem.  It is never fun to process someone and hear "Im recording you better not mess up" or "if you do this ill get you banned".  To me this eliminates the RP experience.  Its not something that just needs to happen in the Rebel side the APD also need to work on there RP skills when engaging enemies.

Anyone caught on Civilian in a Police channel will face demotion or removal from the APD.

Travis, and Hades, Thank you both for your input here. You guys are always on top of things.

1 last question for Travis, The thing Hades mentioned the whole if they break rp we can send them to jail? is that something you might actually incorporate or just wishful thinking?

I completely understand that promotions are not given out based on time played. My main concern is once someone is promoted, there should be a minimum amount of playtime as APD. One that scales with rank. I believe this will solve a lot of problems if higher ranking APD members have to fill a quota. It also add's a little bit of an RP element, causing APD members to actually feel like they are working for the force.

Oh and thanks for replying :) It's very nice to see Olympus staff being so active in a small forum post :D

Fusion if you have been a lower rank for an extended amount of time then it's best to send a PM to one of the seniors. Do it respectfully, explain why your asking and if there is anything that they are wanting you to improve. Don't beg or be rude about it and one of the seniors will then let you know whats going on. Sadly you might be one of them that has fallen between the cracks somehow or there might actually be an issue. If ya ask they will usually let you know what there concerns are. As for asking here in this post, not the best of ideas as this thread is about other things. Let keep the topic as hand going.

• Like 1