Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Cop Sirens, Heavy Drinking and Gas Stations

So last night we decided to do some serious drinking and rob some gas stations (dont ask) which led to an interesting RDM/Cop question.

If cops are rolling up to a gas station and you can HEAR THEIR SIRENS 1km out... if they turn their sirens off 500 meters out, do you have to re-engage RP with them before lighting their car up like a Christmas tree?

Apparently Gas Stations being robbed do not count as red zones anymore and some of the officers last night were having a tough day

Gas stations have never been red zones. Officers should always have lights and sirens when responding to calls.

I understand cops should have lights and sirens while responding to calls, but the lights and sirens also say "I would love a bullet punched through my skull". Is it against the rules to turn your lights and sirens off if your near the scene? You should be able to roll in dark and still properly announce yourself as an APD officer via text message or game chat in my opinion.

I understand cops should have lights and sirens while responding to calls, but the lights and sirens also say "I would love a bullet punched through my skull". Is it against the rules to turn your lights and sirens off if your near the scene? You should be able to roll in dark and still properly announce yourself as an APD officer via text message or game chat in my opinion.

Just don't park in the open, park behind cover or 150ish meters away and disembark.

I don't believe you should be able to just drift on in engine off when responding to calls/situations solely to skirt the RP engagement rules.

Just don't park in the open, park behind cover or 150ish meters away and disembark.

I don't believe you should be able to just drift on in engine off when responding to calls/situations solely to skirt the RP engagement rules.

If it was considered it wouldn't be a way around rp. If anyone is a cop or has been on a true ride along then they would know that in certain situations rolling up dark( lights off ) makes it so the officer has a better tactical advantage, and it also creates for better cover. If a suspect doesn't see flashing lights or hear sirens coming their way then it's going to be much more difficult for them to run. Just something to think about..

So last night we decided to do some serious drinking and rob some gas stations (dont ask) which led to an interesting RDM/Cop question.

If cops are rolling up to a gas station and you can HEAR THEIR SIRENS 1km out... if they turn their sirens off 500 meters out, do you have to re-engage RP with them before lighting their car up like a Christmas tree?

Apparently Gas Stations being robbed do not count as red zones anymore and some of the officers last night were having a tough day

I've seen cops try to respond to things "stealthy" as well, they will wait until the last second to put on lights and sirens so they don't get in trouble for responding to something without lights and sirens, but they do this so you don't try to evade and drive away when you hear then, they want bounties not a car chase <3.

Regards -

Thanatos