Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus Altis Life, was 9/10 - now 6/10

Now hear me out boys & girl ;) , give me a chance to explain myself. This isn't a "I quit, I'm a little bitch" post. It's just here to simply state my opinion on the new map update.

I will list what I think they did right, and what they did wrong.

Cartels

The Good: 

1. Adding Cartels.

2. Timers are perfect. 15 to take over, and 15 to own. Flawless idea boys! 

3. 10% commission. 

The Bad:

1. Put them on one Island. They should have examined the map more and actually looked at the maps landmarks and buildings to determine which locations would be best for each Cartel. They need to be more spread out and given realistic locations. 

2. Too many cartels. Illegal goods like frogs, moonshine, and meth should NOT be owned by a cartel. Cocaine, marijuana, and Meth should be ran by Cartels. It just makes more sense realistically(but then again it's just a game!)

Locations: 

The Good:

1. Us known bandits will actually have more for illegal money making seeing as how the red zones are close to each other.

2. Long distance to travel for legal goods. You wanna go legit eh, well you gotta earn it!

3. Gun Stores are now away from towns! GET FUCKED RDMERS! (yes that includes the bad seeds that were in [Tree])

The Bad: 

1. With these Red Zones so close together and Cartels in one area, the server will be a fucking blood bath. A lot of new players will probably leave because they will not be able to hand the pressure of established gangs hunting them down.

2. Lazy asshole cry babies wont like the travel time required to do their legal processing. 

3. Drug dealer locations need to be located inside of towns! This again is more realistic to me and it will make it harder for people to bring giant trucks into the dealer area(s).

My Last Word: I don't mind the wipe. It makes the server feel fresh and keeps the fun going. Although I do not agreed with the map locations I guess it's something that I will need to get used to. Prices are close to perfect, red zones may be tempting now to newer players, and cops now actually have a chance to control the map. Devs, you guys did a decent job to an extent and I really hope you guys look into redoing some map locations. I feel like a lot of players will not return and newer players may be turned off by the current map locations. 

TL;DR - Server wipe not an issue, but the locations of certain areas are going to suck big time.

• Like 2

Just to note, people complaining about being hunted by established gangs will never stop no matter how the map looks.

Small guys most often get beat by the big gangs. It's just the way things are in games like this. Red zone placement doesn't really change that.

Bloodbaths are good. I guess its subjective

The reason the cartels are in the area that they are is because that whole island will be a redzone. We added it for them players that want more KOS areas without it effecting the main map. Cartels were added to give alittle more incentive to go into these areas. Redzones in general are spread out, while some might be closer then others in the end it is pretty even'd out. Again if people had an issue with the placement of things waiting until the last minute is not the best idea. We've had the Dev up for over a month to allow for testing.

We don't want Redzones inside of cities and that is why the dealers are located slightly outside of them. Having them right in town caused to many issues in the past and that is why we moved them. I'm personally not a fan on one of the dealers but meh cant have it all.

The reason the cartels are in the area that they are is because that whole island will be a redzone. A. We added it for them players that want more KOS areas without it effecting the main map. Cartels were added to give alittle more incentive to go into these areas. Redzones in general are spread out, while some might be closer then others in the end it is pretty even'd out. Again if people had an issue with the placement of things waiting until the last minute is not the best idea. We've had the Dev up for over a month to allow for testing.

We don't want Redzones inside of cities and that is why the dealers are located slightly outside of them. BHaving them right in town caused to many issues in the past and that is why we moved them. I'm personally not a fan on one of the dealers but meh cant have it all.

First off Hades, I want to say thank you for responding with a logical and respectable response. Instead of being like Poseidon and bashing us in Side Chat on server one by calling us a cry babies (which i find very unprofessional.) Now about your 1st point (A) - I understand what you mean. I have said before in past posts that I have had hundreds of hours in Asylum so maybe I'm just a little used to them. But at the same time I'm still a little weary on the whole Island thing. About your second point (B) I can understand that but I believe there are a lot more cops and maybe that could be controlled now?... anyway, thanks for letting me know why you guys decided to go that route.