Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

How to Play ArmA 3 on a Desktop for under $1000

So I replied to an earlier forum post requesting help for building a PC that can run ArmA 3 for under $1000, I got it to $1009 with a used Graphics Card, and I thought I would post it here so that everyone can benefit.  Feel free to take a look gentlemen:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/John.Glenn74/saved/#view=Bg2q4D

So it comes out to a total of $1109 on the site, BUT that is also buying a brand new GTX 1060, you could sub it out for a GTX 1050 TI but I have no experience with those and have no idea how they will perform.  I fully recommend the GTX 1060 because its graphical capacities are more than capable of running ArmA 3 on Ultra settings at 60 FPS, providing you have a good processor (which this build does) I use a GTX 1060 and an Intel i7 8700k and get 50-80 FPS on Ultra settings in Kavala with tons of chaos going on.

If you buy a used GTX 1060 on ebay for $170 (or less), that will bring your total to $1009.  Close enough???

The build includes:

CPU

CPU Cooler

Motherboard

Memory

Storage

Video Card (GPU)

Case

Power Supply

The build DOES NOT include:

Monitor (anywhere from $50 for a terrible one to $150 for an ok one to $400 for a good one)

Operating System (Windows 10 keys are $30-$35 if you buy 3rd party)

Software (stock pc with only Windows on it)

Also make sure you have an ethernet cord that you order so you can plug your PC into your router.

This is, of course, NOT PERFECT and I do not make PCs for a living.  I'm just trying to help people out there who are looking for a good build to start off of because they don't know how to build a PC (it's really easy and assembly takes like 30-50 minutes).  People can take this build and tweak it for their own personal needs.

• Like 1