Adding a New Blackmarket to olympus

Give some feedback as to if you'd like to see this addition to Olympus. As I am apart of Civ council specifically for runs, I want to propose a new idea for players on Olympus. As you all know every illegal run that consist on gathering one illegal item has it's own Black-market as well as it's own cartel to capture. Frog however doesn't. Frog sells for around the same price as mushrooms but there is no tax on frogs because there is no cartel to capture. I feel like balancing as well as adding a new route for frog runners on Olympus would give new and old players a new incentive to doing frog runs. Adding a new black-market for frogs will allow players to have two drug dealers to sell from for frogs as well as have two areas to process from when doing frogs. https://imgur.com/gallery/5v2M1MU Here is a design I've created as to what the new black-market could look like and would like to locate this new black-market near where the old heroin pro used to be south of salt flats. let me know what the community thinks and maybe we can add this to Olympus.

• Like 4
  • Hmm 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Senior Texture Designer

um so like why is there a whole ass football field in the middle of that seems like it would be really fun to push!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, jig said:

um so like why is there a whole ass football field in the middle of that seems like it would be really fun to push!

It's Just a concept, I'm adding more stuff to it to make it look better

To me this is too open in the middle area. Seems like a circle with objects on the outter layer and just a singular building in the middle.

As this is a black market people will be processing drugs at / buying gear. Where do you have the vehicle / Air garage here?

Also this seems like it would be very aids for someone trying to get in there with a truck to process drugs.

This has potential, just needs some work. 

- Just the 3 times opinion. lmao

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Outcast said:

To me this is too open in the middle area. Seems like a circle with objects on the outter layer and just a singular building in the middle.

As this is a black market people will be processing drugs at / buying gear. Where do you have the vehicle / Air garage here?

Also this seems like it would be very aids for someone trying to get in there with a truck to process drugs.

This has potential, just needs some work. 

- Just the 3 times opinion. lmao

Good feedback, ill take that into consideration as I make a revised version. Would love if Olympus staff would like to add this concept to the server.

• Haha 1

Really don't think a new black market is needed, especially if it is only as another place to process drugs. The idea of a black market is to buy gear and process drugs, if it's just to process drugs, then it's just a processor. Also, location would seem to be where Heroin processing was a couple updates back. Difficult to get to and kind of out of the way.

• Weird 1
3 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Really don't think a new black market is needed, especially if it is only as another place to process drugs. The idea of a black market is to buy gear and process drugs, if it's just to process drugs, then it's just a processor. Also, location would seem to be where Heroin processing was a couple updates back. Difficult to get to and kind of out of the way.

yall at least put something there that side of the map is empty asf

• Downvote 1
Just now, Devan - Black Jesus said:

yall at least put something there that side of the map is empty asf

Just because there is a large swath of area on the map that has nothing in it, means it's a good time to put something there. Geographically, you want areas to be fairly easy to access and that area, just isn't. Look at the NW part of the map, aside from Meth and it's ingredients, there really isn't a reason to go there because of the hills terrain.

6 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I think a new black-market is needed personally since I put in 40+ hours a week on civ robbing and doing runs, and frogs is by far the only run that has no diversity to it. It's just a straight line for the run and there is no worry of needing to cap a cartel or be taxed for selling, and there is only one place to process frogs when every illegal drug that needs only one item collected to pro has a blackmarket as well as a processor, but I can see where you coming from when it comes to buying gear from a black market so maybe the location can be changed.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with giving it a try. like we all know frog is the most robbed run out there. because of its location on the map everyone passes through there and on the way they stop and rob the guys doing the run. it wouldn't just be a test to try it out it would be nice to see how the new players on the server react to it. cus all ive see lately is them getting robbed all the time. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Imagine_ said:

I think a new black-market is needed personally since I put in 40+ hours a week on civ robbing and doing runs, and frogs is by far the only run that has no diversity to it. It's just a straight line for the run and there is no worry of needing to cap a cartel or be taxed for selling, and there is only one place to process frogs when every illegal drug that needs only one item collected to pro has a blackmarket as well as a processor, but I can see where you coming from when it comes to buying gear from a black market so maybe the location can be changed.

I think what you're missing is the point of Frog. It's not to be like the other drugs that have cartels, hence why it is only a one ingredient to processor type of run. I don't think changing Frog is a good idea as it currently isn't much of an issue and plenty still do it, with the risks that are currently there. Not to mention, drug dealer(s) aren't really close so it make things a bit more difficult on that end.

7 minutes ago, nooblyyy said:

There's nothing wrong with giving it a try. like we all know frog is the most robbed run out there. because of its location on the map everyone passes through there and on the way they stop and rob the guys doing the run. it wouldn't just be a test to try it out it would be nice to see how the new players on the server react to it. cus all ive see lately is them getting robbed all the time. 

Not every run should be designed to be of little risk. Newer players typically do frog because they don't get taxed at the cartel. Once they figure out that it has a higher chance of being robbed, they move on to other ways of making money.

1 hour ago, Imagine_ said:

Give some feedback as to if you'd like to see this addition to Olympus. As I am apart of Civ council specifically for runs, I want to propose a new idea for players on Olympus. As you all know every illegal run that consist on gathering one illegal item has it's own Black-market as well as it's own cartel to capture. Frog however doesn't. Frog sells for around the same price as mushrooms but there is no tax on frogs because there is no cartel to capture. I feel like balancing as well as adding a new route for frog runners on Olympus would give new and old players a new incentive to doing frog runs. Adding a new black-market for frogs will allow players to have two drug dealers to sell from for frogs as well as have two areas to process from when doing frogs. https://imgur.com/gallery/5v2M1MU Here is a design I've created as to what the new black-market could look like and would like to locate this new black-market near where the old heroin pro used to be south of salt flats. let me know what the community thinks and maybe we can add this to Olympus.

i really like that black market u got there 

• Like 2

Frogs is probably the most profitable drug on the server. High risk high reward. With it being so good, if you make another place to process (I really only see this being used as another processor) it takes away from the high risk high reward aspect. Sure it’s risky to do a big truck of it but people that run frogs a lot usually do suv runs back and forth from houses and make tons of money so I think the run is in a pretty good spot right now.

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1