Hostage Rule Contradiction

I would just like to bring this up real quick because there has been a little controversy in the APD about it...

Admins, if you can please, clear this up and fix the rule contradiction to whichever side, just make the sections the same.

This rule is in the base rule book of Olympus under chapter 12 article 10 in the APD hostage section of it

10. If negotiations are done and both parties have come to an agreement once the situation is over then both parties are to go there own way.

1. This means APD may not immediately arrest the hostage takers nor may the hostage takers shoot the APD involved.

However this rule is not stated in the APD handbook. Which to me obviously if the rule is in either of the books it must be followed, some officers would disagree.

So I thought I would bring it to everyone attention so it could be resolved thank you for your time.

• Like 1

If its listed in the main rule-set then it means it doesn't have to be in the handbook. Anything duplicated in the handbook is simply done to be nice. Main server rules are always to be followed and each faction role then has there set to add.

Hades I couldnt agree more, that is my stance on it. But I feel the APD handbook need to be accurate if we expect people to be studying it to get whitelisted, there could be more things missing that some people would know and others would not. But I guess the most important thing when you want to get whitelisted is knowing all of the base rules first.

I thought I would just bring it to your attention in case it hasn't been seen before

I think he means the APD book should cover it because an officers usual go to is that booklet.

Yes but if the APD handbook had all the stuff from the server rules as well then it would just be redundant. Any whitelisted player should know and understand the main server rules as well as there own handbook.

Hades I couldnt agree more, that is my stance on it. But I feel the APD handbook need to be accurate if we expect people to be studying it to get whitelisted, there could be more things missing that some people would know and others would not. But I guess the most important thing when you want to get whitelisted is knowing all of the base rules first.

I thought I would just bring it to your attention in case it hasn't been seen before

The handbook includes things that are different for the role. If a rule in in the main set but not in the hanbook then it means you still go by the main set. If there is something that needs to be stated differently or added then it is added to the handbook. Basically follow all the rules posted in the main ruleset, then look at the handbook for any other changes.

The Handbook has been updated multiple times since Travis did it back in the day. Anytime a new change needs to be done or added it is then done.

I'll see what I can do regarding hostage situation in the handbook if it is causing confusion.