Just a little clarity on server rules

Ok so like the title says,help my almost 50 yr old ass understand.  In regards to killing, I've been tokd/read "hands up or die...5 sec then what ever.  Its a game and expect them to always shoot me. I would probably shoot too. Played arma for years just not much these servers.

In just 18 hours on O.E., I've been killed like 10 times, most with no interaction at all.  The interaction I did get was, the "line" instant shot.  Mostly shot in back while at market or something or tutorial.  The best are the text messages I don't notice.

I would much rather be robbed, kidnapped, left half naked in the woods at least.  Can you even get anything from a dead body? After I'm revived nothing is really taken so no biggie.

But my issue would be i ran into the last text message shooter on my travels, so I shot him.  Not more than 5 seconds later kicked.  Really? Thats pretty lame.  Was i supposed to bs rp "i don't know him since I died " crap? Lol

• Admin
  1. When engaging role-play, you must specify who you are engaging and give the player(s) time to react (at least 5 seconds). Do not immediately fire on the player(s).
    1. If someone reacts in a way that is compliant with your demand (Such as stopping their vehicle in order to get out) you must allow them to complete their reaction even if it takes longer than 5 seconds.
    2. If someone reacts in a non-compliant fashion with your demand (Such as turning to aim at you, or immediately taking evasive action) then you may shoot them before 5 seconds.
    3. You do not need the name of said player(s) to verbally engage but you must clearly show who you are trying to engage.
      1. Example: "Dude in the house, Hands up or die", "Ryan, Hands up or die", aiming at someone and saying "Hands up or die", etc.
  2. If a player abides by your demands, role-play it from there do not just shoot them.

Engagement last 5 minutes. If you tell someone "Hands up or die" they must place their hands up and they need to be given 5 seconds to react and comply. However, like stated above, you can shoot someone before those 5 seconds if they react in a non-compliant fashion with your demand. Same goes towards you, if someone told you "Hands up or die" they need to give you 5 seconds to react but if its obvious that you are trying to run away or turn around and try to shoot him then the person can shoot you before those 5 seconds.

If you have any other questions or concerns you can open up a "support ticket" on the Olympus discord and a support team member will respond and assist you. Or, you can join the Olympus TeamSpeak and join the "Join for Help" channel and a Support Team member will pull you and answer any question you may have. 

Here is the link to the Olympus wiki if you want to know more about anything ingame:

https://wiki.olympus-entertainment.com/wiki/Main_Page

• Like 2
  • Clown 1
8 hours ago, Brandyn said:
  1. When engaging role-play, you must specify who you are engaging and give the player(s) time to react (at least 5 seconds). Do not immediately fire on the player(s).
    1. If someone reacts in a way that is compliant with your demand (Such as stopping their vehicle in order to get out) you must allow them to complete their reaction even if it takes longer than 5 seconds.
    2. If someone reacts in a non-compliant fashion with your demand (Such as turning to aim at you, or immediately taking evasive action) then you may shoot them before 5 seconds.
    3. You do not need the name of said player(s) to verbally engage but you must clearly show who you are trying to engage.
      1. Example: "Dude in the house, Hands up or die", "Ryan, Hands up or die", aiming at someone and saying "Hands up or die", etc.
  2. If a player abides by your demands, role-play it from there do not just shoot them.

Engagement last 5 minutes. If you tell someone "Hands up or die" they must place their hands up and they need to be given 5 seconds to react and comply. However, like stated above, you can shoot someone before those 5 seconds if they react in a non-compliant fashion with your demand. Same goes towards you, if someone told you "Hands up or die" they need to give you 5 seconds to react but if its obvious that you are trying to run away or turn around and try to shoot him then the person can shoot you before those 5 seconds.

If you have any other questions or concerns you can open up a "support ticket" on the Olympus discord and a support team member will respond and assist you. Or, you can join the Olympus TeamSpeak and join the "Join for Help" channel and a Support Team member will pull you and answer any question you may have. 

Here is the link to the Olympus wiki if you want to know more about anything ingame:

https://wiki.olympus-entertainment.com/wiki/Main_Page

Death ends the 5 minute engagement also just to clarify for him 

Yep those are the rules i read just like everyone else.  Unfortunately, your regulars dont follow those rules.  But if you shoot one of them...instant kick.  Like I said, every engangement so far has been instant shooting after the hands up thing, or dumb ass text message.  So Im assuming i can just text people from afar then go shoot them correct? Ive even been shot instantly after being revived by a medic. Oh the best was being shot in the back by the same medic the next day while he wast a medic i guess. It is what it is but if your going to have rules, they should apply to all. 

• Like 1
  • Admin

@ LibHunter You have never once been kicked or banned by any member of staff, meaning the only way you were kicked after you killed someone was a server crash or your arma crashing. Once you are engaged you don't need to give them any time, the second you are texted you can shoot, but keep in mind they can shoot back within that 5 second period if you dont comply with their request (aka turn around and point a gun at them)
The rules apply to all and are enforced on all, just make a player report under the support section on the forums top left. We cant ban anyone without proof and a report being made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1