Why Do Disputes feel useless.

There is a need for an improved reporting system that accommodates situations where video evidence is not available. Many players are unable to record every gaming session, which can be problematic when trying to report instances of rule violations such as random deathmatching (RDM). This issue becomes more significant when powerful gangs exploit this loophole to engage in bullying behavior.

Personally, I was frustrated when my previous report was rejected despite providing screenshots of my death location and the corresponding dispute, clearly showing the individual admitting to killing me. Moreover, I can confirm that I was not in a red zone during the incident, and I had included timestamps to support my claim. Dealing with these situations is time-consuming and inconvenient. I am genuinely fond of Olympus and even upgraded my computer to enhance my gaming experience. However, the constant occurrences of random killings and the bugs that result in significant in-game monetary losses are highly bothersome.

It would greatly improve the overall experience if there were a more efficient and reliable reporting system that does not solely rely on video evidence. Players invest several hours into completing runs, even when they are entirely legitimate within the server's rules. However, it can be incredibly frustrating when a soft server reset wipes out the truck inventory, or when someone waits at a non-red zone trader and kills you without any initiation of conflict. Addressing these issues would greatly enhance the gameplay and make the overall experience more enjoyable for all players.

• Downvote 1

Homie, just use Shadowplay to record the last 15 minutes and depending on how long you need from that 15 minute recording, trim it down. Once you've got the hang of it, it takes 2 mins to clip, trim and post.

Also, if you're an AMD-fag, use AMD 'Relive'.

Edited by Rufus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Admin
12 hours ago, pfamt said:

There is a need for an improved reporting system that accommodates situations where video evidence is not available. Many players are unable to record every gaming session, which can be problematic when trying to report instances of rule violations such as random deathmatching (RDM). This issue becomes more significant when powerful gangs exploit this loophole to engage in bullying behavior.

Personally, I was frustrated when my previous report was rejected despite providing screenshots of my death location and the corresponding dispute, clearly showing the individual admitting to killing me. Moreover, I can confirm that I was not in a red zone during the incident, and I had included timestamps to support my claim. Dealing with these situations is time-consuming and inconvenient. I am genuinely fond of Olympus and even upgraded my computer to enhance my gaming experience. However, the constant occurrences of random killings and the bugs that result in significant in-game monetary losses are highly bothersome.

It would greatly improve the overall experience if there were a more efficient and reliable reporting system that does not solely rely on video evidence. Players invest several hours into completing runs, even when they are entirely legitimate within the server's rules. However, it can be incredibly frustrating when a soft server reset wipes out the truck inventory, or when someone waits at a non-red zone trader and kills you without any initiation of conflict. Addressing these issues would greatly enhance the gameplay and make the overall experience more enjoyable for all players.

Unfortunately there physically is no better way of proving something is done correctly or not without video proof. It is a crucial part to the server and the way the administrative team takes care of certain situation. You must remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty. You are not required to record your full game session just an fyi. I recommend having Nvidia recording in the background in 15 minute intervals. If something happens you then can save the past 15 minutes which should be ample time to show what was done wrong. I understand completely that spending hours upon hours of grinding for money just for it to be taken away can be aggravating and demoralizing. However that's just one small part of the server in which everyone has experienced. I recommend not letting it get you down too bad and just keep working hard. Group up, make friends and have fun within the server. I guarantee you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.

• Love 1
  • Developer II

I think it's practicallity lies in it's subtlties. Here is what I imagine it has really helped with:

• People taking whining about compensation to a one-on-one coms channel that is not Side-Chat (like before)
  • Allow Administrators to easily establish patterns among players being actively reported for RDM
  • Create a more comprehensive history of a players compliance with Olympus Policies (providing a background check like system for large promotions)
  • Provide a dedicated system for compensation allowing compensated money to be found easier on-record in the event someone doesn't hold their word and submits anyway

I hear what you are saying about the disputes system being a poor reporting system. The way I see it though, it really isn't a report system.  I see it more as a way for players to be able to handle violations before it escalates to a level where people need to be banned and Admins need to spend the time to look at reports. That's all just my opinion though 🙂🤷‍♂️

• Love 1
On 5/20/2023 at 4:56 PM, The Sovereign said:

And dear god, don't advertise to the server that you don't record.

On 5/20/2023 at 4:16 PM, PolarBear said:

You gotta record. There MUST be video evidence. OBS Studio is free.

On 5/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, The True Nex said:

its impossible to make it so videos arent needed, an ungodly amount of false bans would be handed out

I Agree that videos are the best direct proof but, I am wishing the admins did not always need them when there are other indicators of clear proof or admissions of guilt. There should be multiple avenues not just "Hey you don't have a video end of dispute". Also just because OBS is free doesn't mean I always have the luxury to record the game and play it at the same time. Arma 3 is an fps killer and I travel a lot some im not always on my main PC which is beefy.  I actually already have obs. I also go by a different name in the game so I'm not worried about saying I don't always record. I have seen plenty of people get away with RDMs and lose things because of glitches in the server. I've also seen people with video proof not get justice or comp so I'm not worried. 

On 5/20/2023 at 4:28 PM, Diamond said:

Unfortunately there physically is no better way of proving something is done correctly or not without video proof. It is a crucial part to the server and the way the administrative team takes care of certain situation. You must remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty. You are not required to record your full game session just an fyi. I recommend having Nvidia recording in the background in 15 minute intervals. If something happens you then can save the past 15 minutes which should be ample time to show what was done wrong. I understand completely that spending hours upon hours of grinding for money just for it to be taken away can be aggravating and demoralizing. However that's just one small part of the server in which everyone has experienced. I recommend not letting it get you down too bad and just keep working hard. Group up, make friends and have fun within the server. I guarantee you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.

I utilize my primary PC for Navida recording. Moreover, I am aware that the community can be somewhat toxic. Considering the amount of time that has passed, I'm certain I would have faced an unjustified ban by now. Nonetheless, I am determined to take a stand and contribute to improving the reporting process. The current system is flawed and unreliable, so it is worthwhile to explore alternative ideas. I refuse to accept occurrences that shouldn't happen simply because they are commonplace. Despite its shortcomings, I remain devoted to the server I love. I feel compelled to connect with fellow players and gather suggestions to address these persistent issues. After playing this game for a considerable amount of time, I believe it is time to seek constructive solutions rather than continue silently enduring them.