Thinking About Moving On From Video Games?

I played under different names than this forum name, started Olympus in 2015, and have a few thousand hours. I know how it can feel playing all the time and feeling like this will be your life. Today, several years after deciding to get control of my gaming addiction, I will soon be a doctor.

If you want to talk to someone about getting away from video games and working on making your real life better send me a private message. We can just throw ideas around. Happy to chat on discord. All ages welcome. Here to support you.

Edited by Monomer
  • Like 4
  • Cringe 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

No reason to remove video games from your life once it takes off. I’ve been gaming since I was 5. I am married, own a house and have a great career. I play video games by myself and with my wife daily. 

But if you have an addiction then that’s another story. 

• Love 1
  • BlessUp 1
5 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

No reason to remove video games from your life once it takes off. I’ve been gaming since I was 5. I am married, own a house and have a great career. I play video games by myself and with my wife daily. 

But if you have an addiction then that’s another story. 

That’s what I’m saying this guys a pussy crying on an Olympus forum about a video game addiction go touch grass fagger 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 3
  • STFU 1
  • Senior Developer
On 10/19/2023 at 2:17 PM, Monomer said:

I played under different names than this forum name, started Olympus in 2015, and have a few thousand hours. I know how it can feel playing all the time and feeling like this will be your life. Today, several years after deciding to get control of my gaming addiction, I will soon be a doctor.

If you want to talk to someone about getting away from video games and working on making your real life better send me a private message. We can just throw ideas around. Happy to chat on discord. All ages welcome. Here to support you.

Honestly those of us that have spent tons of time on any game have one found ourselves invested "too much", but at the end of the day,  I wouldn't trade my time on this game,  or a few others, for anything.

For some, it's am issue, but don't propagate the feeling that time spent well with those whose company you enjoy is an inherent problem, because while your situation may have been inverted from mine, taking the time to get re-invested did more for me than most will know.

Getting away from games isn't everyone's solution. For some this post is just another reason to feel bad about a path that in some cases might well be working for them.

That said, congratulations on tackling something that was a long running demon for you. That shit deserves mad respect, even if I disagree about your current takeaway being as ubiquitously applicable as the initial posts verbiage seems to imply.

EDIT: spelling is ass because mobile ignore plz

• Like 3