APD Poll (Closed). Discussion about APD player bans

Would you rather take a 1-2 day ban or a permanent note on the APD sheets for a Server rule break while on cop?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather take a 1-2 day ban or a permanent note on the APD sheets for a Server rule break while on cop?

• 1-2 day ban
    • Permanent note

• Admin
4 hours ago, katheeri said:

just dont break rules?

In a perfect world.. lmao. 

26 minutes ago, Evannnnn said:

Notes & bans should both be applied, obviously if the rule break was very minor/not advantageous i think just a talking to is fine along with the ban however allowing people to not compensate, break APD handbook and then take a ban for it just allows shitty cops & players to achieve higher progression over people who are doing the right thing

Personally the most important thing for me is that if you would get banned on civ, then should also be carried the same way on APD. But yeah every incident should be noted. I doubt thats an issue though. But currently an APD member may be given a warning w/ no ban issued at the sAPD admin's discretion. Which is fine, as long as if that same person broke the rule on civ would be given the same treatment. 

It might suck to get banned and an IA/not/etc. however, it is the fairest thing. If you break a server rule you get administrative action. If you decide to break rules whilst on cop you get punished on both sides of things.

It will be up to the Sr. APD on how harsh of a punishment they want to do after that. Whether its a note, suspension, removal, etc.

Previously people would get banned and punished on the APD. I recall in 2018 some guy failed a 3:1, yeti reported him, he got banned & I believe Decimus dealt with him on the APD side of things.

14 hours ago, Millennium said:

It might suck to get banned and an IA/not/etc. however, it is the fairest thing. If you break a server rule you get administrative action. If you decide to break rules whilst on cop you get punished on both sides of things.

It will be up to the Sr. APD on how harsh of a punishment they want to do after that. Whether its a note, suspension, removal, etc.

Previously people would get banned and punished on the APD. I recall in 2018 some guy failed a 3:1, yeti reported him, he got banned & I believe Decimus dealt with him on the APD side of things.

In 2017 I was a lone deputy fighting a full-on jail alone, being a smart fella I impounded the orca they had left on the bridge to escape... while they were trying to kill me.

My ass didn't know combat storing was a thing lmao, but I still got a ban + removed from deputy. It's a harsher system but it checks out and makes a lot more sense that having rule breaks be decided by a group with a vested interest in making sure the punishment is minimized when it's not an egregious case of misconduct.

• Haha 1