Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Performance increase/decrease on Win10 vs Win11

• Admin

Hey everybody! Are you running windows 11? If so, any performance gains in video games? Compatibility issues? Or more of the same? 

Worth the upgrade? 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Bubbaloo - Reusable P Cup said:

Hey everybody! Are you running windows 11? If so, any performance gains in video games? Compatibility issues? Or more of the same? 

Worth the upgrade? 

Always stay with what os came on your computer, once win 10 always stay 10, vice versa for 11 or vista.. it's just a general rule but on my old pc I upgraded to 11 and had nightmares with bsod till I figured out what was causing it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garth Flanders said:

Always stay with what os came on your computer, once win 10 always stay 10, vice versa for 11 or vista.. it's just a general rule but on my old pc I upgraded to 11 and had nightmares with bsod till I figured out what was causing it.

Really bad idea. The reason you need to update is that old os stop reciving security updates. 90% of cases this doesn't happen most windows upgrades work fine.

2 hours ago, Bubbaloo - Reusable P Cup said:

Worth the upgrade? 

I'd say so. You might start having issues on games if you're running windows 10 in the future (had something similar with siege and arma)

• +1 1
  • Developer II

The performance for games is about the same. OS upgrades can sometimes cause weird driver issues amongst other things which is a worthwhile notable risk, but usually pretty small. In my personal opinion I feel like Windows 11 doesn't introduce enough to be worth it however it would make sense to upgrade as then you could get used to it before you ever get a new PC where it is already pre-loaded. I'm not a super large fan of Windows 11 in comparison to Windows 10 but then again everyone said the same thing about 10 back when it succeeded Windows 7 & 8.

TLDR: Compatibility can be a concern with OS upgrades, and there isn't a whole lot of advantage gained in upgrading; however it is probably the best move to keep your PC running sustainably in the future so it probably still is worth it. Best of luck if you go through with it 🙂

• Like 1

Back up shit onto a separate drive and just hard reinstall windows but put 11 on it then make a few registry tweaks to increase performance, and remove the Israeli telemetry, install defenderui

or take the real plunge and play arma exclusively on a custom tails distro