Ghosthawk crutch - APD ego check

The APD in Arma 3 are such cowards, always hiding behind their Ghost Hawks with miniguns. They can't win a fight without using them, and it's honestly pathetic. Anytime things don't go their way, they just spam these overpowered choppers, making it impossible for civilians to stand a chance. Patrolling in armored, armed vehicles that civs can't do anything about? It's the biggest skill crutch ever and just plain cringe. The only counter is using Titans, which cost like five times more than the insurance on a Ghost Hawk. Instead of showing any real skill or strategy, they just rely on their OP toys. Get good, APD, and stop ruining the game with your lame tactics. Thanks for attending my ted talk and remember, tase them and rob the APD it hurts their egos :).

• +1 2

I've ripped both gunners out of a ghawk more times than I can count with WPL guns.  They get no cover at all and cant shoot until you shoot at them.  They're basically worthless against anyone with a brain save for, other aircraft.

27 minutes ago, OG Abraham said:

The APD in Arma 3 are such cowards, always hiding behind their Ghost Hawks with miniguns. They can't win a fight without using them, and it's honestly pathetic. Anytime things don't go their way, they just spam these overpowered choppers, making it impossible for civilians to stand a chance. Patrolling in armored, armed vehicles that civs can't do anything about? It's the biggest skill crutch ever and just plain cringe. The only counter is using Titans, which cost like five times more than the insurance on a Ghost Hawk. Instead of showing any real skill or strategy, they just rely on their OP toys. Get good, APD, and stop ruining the game with your lame tactics. Thanks for attending my ted talk and remember, tase them and rob the APD it hurts their egos :).

Titans are pretty cheap though. 

Like you said though, just taze cops and restrain them for 15 mins. Most of the time they'll just rage quit afterwards.

7 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Honestly tho.. you wanna nerf ghawks there an insanely easy easy way to do it.

Just make a rule where intentionally rotor tapping them is combat storing. 

Every time I see a rotor tapped ghost hawk I always do my duties and return it to the cops garage with a hatchback. 

• Like 3
  • +1 4
1 hour ago, OG Abraham said:

T4 ghawk insurance is 516k 🙂 

You spend 600k+ to shoot one down following server rules when we have to follow stringent handbook guidelines, just don't shoot at them and don't drive illegal/armed vehicles. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

Contrary to popular belief, ghawk gunning takes a fair bit of skill if it isn't some complete noob flying a heli/driving a Frit or whatever

Edited by Element_
3 minutes ago, nman said:

lots of hurt apd today

It's ok.  One day @ Big Boss Fredo  is gonna accidentally engage in the wrong channel and they'll demand a billion comp, get him banned for a day, and be back to their normal selves.

5 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

It's ok.  One day @ Big Boss Fredo  is gonna accidentally engage in the wrong channel and they'll demand a billion comp, get him banned for a day, and be back to their normal selves.

they already make their demands. "you held me in restraints for 15 mins 😡😡😡😡 no comp" ~APD pretending like they don't ROUTINELY hold people for over 15 mins

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nman said:

they already make their demands. "you held me in restraints for 15 mins 😡😡😡😡 no comp" ~APD pretending like they don't ROUTINELY hold people for over 15 mins

It’s ok because there was shots 3 minutes in so I wont pardon you 🤓 

Deliberate rotor tapping heli is combat store just like driving a car into water is combat store

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, doubleueyeceekay said:

It’s ok because there was shots 3 minutes in so I wont pardon you 🤓 

Deliberate rotor tapping heli is combat store just like driving a car into water is combat store

Facts.  It's just ban bait for people trying to fix it accidentally blowing them up.  

19 hours ago, Community Director Sov said:

Honestly tho.. you wanna nerf ghawks there an insanely easy easy way to do it.

Just make a rule where intentionally rotor tapping them is combat storing. 

the real question i, how can dumping an ifrit into the ocean be considered combat storing but purposefully rotor tapping your heli so it can't be stolen not?!

i too had this same vision about 2 years ago and i swore to buy all civilian ghosthawks and abuse the apd with them we have fought a good fight me and @ jig  but our ghawk supply is dwindling we have made snr apd lose billions in ghosthawks we killed countless defenseless apd members the enterprises will continue to try and make the apd feel how we civs feel

• Like 1