Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Looking for a New PC

Hello all, on a real note I've had this Alienware 14 for about a year and a half, maybe two years now, it was really a good computer but now i'm getting 20-30 fps constantly on Arma 3, and on my main game (CSGO) I get like 125-150 fps consistently on all low everything (Arma 3 and CSGO). Does anyone have a beasty computer in the range of 800-1250 or so dollars that gets 60-70 fps consistently on Arma 3 and you know would do well on CSGO aswell? No laptops please and if possible could you link me to the website where you bought it from or state the specs for me? <3 Olympus Community and thanks for all the help!

• Downvote 1

I'm confused man, you cant find a pc yourself that gets 60 fps in arma, so you want someone to comment their specs?

Anyways www.cyberpowerpc.com or www.ibuypower.com are probably your best bet if you don't know how to build your own, but you know somethings about computers. If you don't know what parts your looking for you really need someone to help/talk to you; so you can figure out things like if you want an ssd or if you need more then 8gb of ram exc.

• Admin

Hey bud.  This is my setup. ALL from newegg.com

IN STOCK
  • $179.99
IN STOCK
  • $79.99

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E500B/AM

Sorry for the mess.  I copied most of it from the order history.  The whole setup without the monitor and my wireless headset about $2,200.

www.newegg.com has the best prices.  

I get 60FPS most of the time. Everything maxed out.  When I put the AIR/CAR/FOOT distance settings on anything higher than 7000 it can go down to 30fps or sometimes 25FPS if the action is too crazy.  Arma is to blame.  In every other game I get more than 150FPS but Arma is so badly optimized. If you need help let me know as I built it myself and I can help you out with the process :) Good luck bud. 

Edited by Bubbaloo
21 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

Hey bud.  This is my setup. ALL from newegg.com

IN STOCK
  • $179.99
IN STOCK
  • $79.99

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E500B/AM

Sorry for the mess.  I copied most of it from the order history.  The whole setup without the monitor and my wireless headset about $2,200.

www.newegg.com has the best prices.  

I get 60FPS most of the time. Everything maxed out.  When I put the AIR/CAR/FOOT distance settings on anything higher than 7000 it can go down to 30fps or sometimes 25FPS if the action is too crazy.  Arma is to blame.  In every other game I get more than 150FPS but Arma is so badly optimized. If you need help let me know as I built it myself and I can help you out with the process :) Good luck bud. 

Thanks my man :)

You really should build your own PC. Store owners ( this includes website) charge so much more just to put all the parts together, you can save hundreds of dollars for the same build by building it yourself (allienware is a good exemple, you pay for the brand more than the product) Don't get me wrong, the PCs are good, but you are still overpaying because of the brand.

Make sure you buy a CPU that can handle your graphic card( getting a super expensive graphic card with a cheap CPU wont do you any good since your CPU is going to be holding you back from the performance your graphic card can give)

Also, most important thing is to get a SSD, install your operating system on it (which you will have to buy, so include that in your budget) and maybe a few of your favorite games ( SSD are smaller or ridiculously expensive if you want a big one) install everything else on a separate hard drive.

I suggest you use pcpartpicker (there is a version for US and a version for Canada). If you are not comfortable picking your own parts, browse the pre-made builds or the forums and you are bound to find something that fits your budget. This website will also allow you to see what site offer the best discount/price for every part you pick, making it really easy for you. Try to stay away from mail-in rebate as they can be a pain in the ass some times.

Don't be afraid of building your own PC its not as hard as it looks, read a few guides, watch a few videos and you should be able to handle it.

Bubbaloo's mobo is almost overkill - you can make do with a $100 mobo if you already have a pci or usb wifi solution.  I guess the one he picked lets him do some RAM upgrades later.  

Very curious as to how much of a performance difference you get with the liquid cooler vs stock.  Are you buying 15 FPS, or more like 30+?

If you want to save yourself some money, you can also go with AMD for your motherboard and cpu. You lose SOME things with nVidia video cards, but nothing that you'll miss for the most part. Personally I run the following:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Memory: 32gb Generic Memory
  • Primary GPU (Graphics): Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card
  • Secondary GPU (PhysX): ASUS GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
  • Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Case: Corsair C70 Military Green (Green) ATX Mid Tower Case

Room for improvement on it, mainly upgrading my RAM to something that runs at a higher clock speed and transitioning from a HDD to a SSD. Currently I can run most everything at 30+ frames on high, which is fine for me given the lower amount money I've invested over time.

4 hours ago, Odin said:

If you want to save yourself some money, you can also go with AMD for your motherboard and cpu. You lose SOME things with nVidia video cards, but nothing that you'll miss for the most part. Personally I run the following:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Memory: 32gb Generic Memory
  • Primary GPU (Graphics): Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card
  • Secondary GPU (PhysX): ASUS GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
  • Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Case: Corsair C70 Military Green (Green) ATX Mid Tower Case

Room for improvement on it, mainly upgrading my RAM to something that runs at a higher clock speed and transitioning from a HDD to a SSD. Currently I can run most everything at 30+ frames on high, which is fine for me given the lower amount money I've invested over time.

No. With the cooler u got for that CPU you literally could have gotten an intel, a intel with a stock fan performs better than a 8350 with a water cooler.

On 11/10/2015, 8:13:27, Dustin87 said:

No. With the cooler u got for that CPU you literally could have gotten an intel, a intel with a stock fan performs better than a 8350 with a water cooler.

I already had the cooler from before purchasing the cooler. As for performance, its up for debate in my opinion. Based on specs alone, the 8350 out performs the Intel using standard (non-turbo) settings, which I prefer to use. As for actual performance, I can't confirm or deny your claim as I've not used an equivalent Intel processor, my previous CPU was rather old prior to the upgrade.

Newegg Compare Page