Tear Gas?

Just thought of this. I think it would be cool to make red smoke tear gas to where if you go in it it has the same effect as if you were to stand in a fire you slowly loose health if you are near the smoke. also would be cool to have some sort of gas mask to block it from killing you. I don't know if this would be possible but i think it would be cool. Let me know what you think 

this is also cool diffrent from what i say but would be cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln24HHhyvTo

We've talked about Tear gas. The general consensus is that if it does become a reality, it will not deplete health but it will cause the same effect on your screen that you get when you're tazed and you will move as if your legs are broken.

No telling if this will actually happen, but I hope it does!

8 minutes ago, McDili said:

We've talked about Tear gas. The general consensus is that if it does become a reality, it will not deplete health but it will cause the same effect on your screen that you get when you're tazed and you will move as if your legs are broken.

I agree with this i posted my comment the watched the video and i like how it works in the video. Makes you fatigue go to 0 and make your screen blurry i like that.

45 minutes ago, McDili said:

No telling if this will actually happen, but I hope it does!

Would this be just for cops? Because all I would see is cops stocking up on teargas and just throwing like 10 in towers during Feds and other engagements

3 minutes ago, Juwanna Man said:

Would this be just for cops? Because all I would see is cops stocking up on teargas and just throwing like 10 in towers during Feds and other engagements

there would have to be a rule for it like you only can use them for feds or jail if they are just for cops. i think it might be a bit op if everyone could buy them but for sure some sort of gas mask should be available for everyone.

Not an expert on this stuff, so i could be wrong buuuttt, if there was a gas mask, i think it would either need to be a Y menu thing or wold be a mask that has been reskinned. Correct me if i am wrong, but adding any clothing would require mods, so there could be no gas mask that looks legit, but there MIGHT (i  think i am wrong on this, but idk) be code that can be added onto clothes to make it act as a gas mask.

3 minutes ago, JBruesch said:

Not an expert on this stuff, so i could be wrong buuuttt, if there was a gas mask, i think it would either need to be a Y menu thing or wold be a mask that has been reskinned. Correct me if i am wrong, but adding any clothing would require mods, so there could be no gas mask that looks legit, but there MIGHT (i  think i am wrong on this, but idk) be code that can be added onto clothes to make it act as a gas mask.

You are correct i have been on a wasteland server that had it and they used the heli crew mask for the gas mask but i think that would not work because everyone would be running around with it on so i think it would be best to make it a Y menu thing and make it really expensive 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Juwanna Man said:

Would be just for cops I imagine, but I'm not a developer

37 minutes ago, Stix said:

there would have to be a rule for it like you only can use them for feds or jail if they are just for cops. i think it might be a bit op if everyone could buy them but for sure some sort of gas mask should be available for everyone.

Why would there need to be a rule for it? There isn't any for flashbangs. It's a method of displacement that isn't lethal. It's not like civs have a rule for frag grenades. And it's not like it would actually decrease your health.

Times I could see it most useful is in kavala during terror/trolling and in Feds, Jails, and Rebel raids. 

Gas masks would just undermine the entire feature. Why put something in the game and then put in a countermeasure everyone would have access to and use all the time? That would just make the entire implementation worthless. It would be like adding in thermal scopes and then adding in certain clothes that make you immune to thermals. Everyone would wear the anti-thermal clothes and the only people who get affected by the implementation are new players to the server. 

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Gas masks would just undermine the entire feature. Why put something in the game and then put in a countermeasure everyone would have access to and use all the time? That would just make the entire implementation worthless. It would be like adding in thermal scopes and then adding in certain clothes that make you immune to thermals. Everyone would wear the anti-thermal clothes and the only people who get affected by the implementation are new players to the server. 

I agree but i think if you are willing to pay a high price i think you should be able to buy a gas mask. I am think a few 100k

17 minutes ago, Stix said:

I agree but i think if you are willing to pay a high price i think you should be able to buy a gas mask. I am think a few 100k

If you have a countermeasure that costs a significant amount of money, then the only people that will be affected are newer players and I think we should be thinking of dynamics that work in the opposite way. Similar to the Workers Protection License, in practice it isn't too desire-able but the design of it is intended to benefit players who prefer legal and those are typically new players.

Tear gas is something Cops could really benefit from when assaulting positions, considering how unreliable flashbangs are, it would be nice if we had an effective and reliable displacement tool. Cops realistically would use stuff like that.

4 hours ago, McDili said:

Would be just for cops I imagine, but I'm not a develo

Why would there need to be a rule for it? There isn't any for flashbangs. It's a method of displacement that isn't lethal. It's not like civs have a rule for frag grenades. And it's not like it would actually decrease your health.

Times I could see it most useful is in kavala during terror/trolling and in Feds, Jails, and Rebel raids. 

Gas masks would just undermine the entire feature. Why put something in the game and then put in a countermeasure everyone would have access to and use all the time? That would just make the entire implementation worthless. It would be like adding in thermal scopes and then adding in certain clothes that make you immune to thermals. Everyone would wear the anti-thermal clothes and the only people who get affected by

Quote was being weird. But how would they cost for cops because all I would cops doing is throw like 5 of them in every tower on Feds and the civ is basically stuck(depends how hard it is get out of)