So recently as i have played the Altis Servers for this community i see the vigilantes lack so much more potential. On other servers vigilantes/bounty hunters are seen as justice figures. I think a lot of servers dont see the importance of bounty hunting and how good it could benefit the server. now im not saying giving bounty hunters all this crazy stuff and making it superior.  Vigilantes should be seen as a go to when police officers are not on and also a support unit if police is in need. But what many people including myself of Altis want to make bounty hunting more official / being seen in a good way, lot harder to become one,better gear sets(upgrade) , tagged objects and maybe having a hideout or HQ. I think a lot of people would get a kick out of this and make the server better than it is.

Note: I like going into the servers and getting feedback from the people for further progress for this community and i think really helps

thanks if your reading this

Edited by bornnativee

In regards to gear sets and stuff I think the Vigy is fairly balanced maybe a better gun would be nice but unsure on what gun, maybe the mxc that PO's used to have. Unfortunately Vigi is considered as a rejected cop and a lot of rebels abuse Vigi's if they see one, it's not easy being a solo Vigi specially when you have to rebuy all your gear. 

Spose we will wait to see what toe knee has to offer then go from there :) 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind them having the MXC. Now that the GA Carrier Rig is able to be bought by anyone, pistol rounds are really underwhelming so the sting is not as good as before.

I'm all for a more respected vigilante faction, but part of the problem with giving vigilantes too much power is our inability to police them. A lot of people who purchase vigi licenses have no idea that there is a segment of the handbook dedicated to vigilante conduct. If we give them too much to work with, there has to be a method for checking to make sure they at least read the rules one time. The APD do what we can, but as many will testify we are almost never in town to witness the abuse cases happen. People seem to enjoy doing federal reserve robberies and jail breaks.

Just today I received 3 complaints of vigi abuse. Which, if the sources were accurate in their descriptions, were actually grounds for a report. It does still happen regularly.

It might be a possibility to establish a sort of "Senior" vigilante for those with a good reputation. That way you can police your own vigi brethren whilst still gaining a bump in firepower to make you respectable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, McDili said:

I wouldn't mind them having the MXC. Now that the GA Carrier Rig is able to be bought by anyone, pistol rounds are really underwhelming so the sting is not as good as before.

6.5 would be too strong for vigis honestly. If they get the MX-C they will just start text engaging people and sniping. Vigilantes should remain a close quarters faction, as we all know how sniping with the sting can go. Maybe make a tazer version of the vermin? Something better than the 9mm.

1 hour ago, Ninjaman427 said:

6.5 would be too strong for vigis honestly. If they get the MX-C they will just start text engaging people and sniping. Vigilantes should remain a close quarters faction, as we all know how sniping with the sting can go. Maybe make a tazer version of the vermin? Something better than the 9mm.

Yeah but that's exactly what rebels do. Why always give vigi's the disadvantage?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brynjar said:

Yeah but that's exactly what rebels do. Why always give vigi's the disadvantage?

Vigis aren't supposed to be Anti-Rebel, they are bounty hunters. Cops are the main force against Rebels, besides of course other rebels. If you give vigis access to the caliber that most cops have access to, you throw off the balance that is there.

+1 on the mxc, also there should be something fixed with buying the bounty hunter license, sometimes when people rob a player and ziptie them, while they have a big bounty. they buy a vigilante license and send them straight to jail. 

Vigis should be able to buy p07s, stings and mxcs. P07 would be 20k, Sting would be 45k and MXC 85kish

Also, there should be an animation when you send someone to jail, maybe like the speed of boltcutting a house door, because I had a Vigi arresting me, and my gang members were killing me, and he just ran to the Vigi shop, turned me in super fast and ran.

Edited by Augustus
  • Admin

While I agree that the Vigilante groups should be a more respected class, you can only blame prior vigilante's for how they are viewed. I see a case of Vigi Abuse on the daily and giving them higher end weapons and gear would only add on to it. 

Giving them a tag on their name would be something Id like to see if they do in fact get upgraded gear. Ive seen in other servers they have a golden badge next to their name so you know they are in fact working for the law. 

Completely side with @ToeKnee about the location though. 

Id really like to see a courthouse be implemented. A place the vigilantes have to bring in their bounties and a place that civilians can go to if they want to turn themself in without having to spam the APD with messages during a fed to turn him/herself in.  A 'jury' for arrested civilians would be nice too. One of the only perks I enjoyed from my Asylum days.

I mean if anyone can be a vigilante, but then having a whitelisted portion of it that allows for them to then buy an MXC. I.E. I could buy a vigi license, but until I get whitelisted as a good vigi I can only buy the sting. How people get whitelisted idk.

3 hours ago, Ninjaman427 said:

Vigis aren't supposed to be Anti-Rebel, they are bounty hunters. Cops are the main force against Rebels, besides of course other rebels. If you give vigis access to the caliber that most cops have access to, you throw off the balance that is there.

If they are bounty hunters, and rebels get bounties, wouldn't that make them rebel hunters, and if I'm being hunted I would assume the hunter is anti-me. Aren't ISIS terrorists anti-Christian and anti-jewish? They hunt them down and kill them. I think the purpose of a vigi should be anti-rebel.

6 hours ago, Ninjaman427 said:

id say 5.56 like asylum 

8 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I'm all for a more respected vigilante faction, but part of the problem with giving vigilantes too much power is our inability to police them. A lot of people who purchase vigi licenses have no idea that there is a segment of the handbook dedicated to vigilante conduct. If we give them too much to work with, there has to be a method for checking to make sure they at least read the rules one time. The APD do what we can, but as many will testify we are almost never in town to witness the abuse cases happen. People seem to enjoy doing federal reserve robberies and jail breaks.

Just today I received 3 complaints of vigi abuse. Which, if the sources were accurate in their descriptions, were actually grounds for a report. It does still happen regularly.

It might be a possibility to establish a sort of "Senior" vigilante for those with a good reputation. That way you can police your own vigi brethren whilst still gaining a bump in firepower to make you respectable.

DoctorK, I completely agree with you about the fact that Vigilante should be more respected. when I was a vigilante people would shit talk about how crap they are, and annoying they are, and would end up RDMing me in middle of the Kavala Square. I also know that people do abuse the vigilante like robbing people with the Zipties, taking other Vigilantes Bounty's and tazing other vigilantes. I think relocating the vigilante Shop somewhat close to the Police HQ is a good idea because its hard trying to get one member of a big gang to the Shop when their camping it with Mk14s and such. but like you said about the weapons I think having decent weapons and not OP ones is alright like people in here are saying MC-Xs and P0-7s and I think that's a good idea. You also were taking about a rank and I came up with a cool Idea with a ranking system like the police have. So to start of Senior would be like one of the higher ups in Vigilante who have the ability to buy MC-Xs and different gear like vests, clothing and such. The ranking system would work like this. You buy a Vigilante License your the lowest rank and progress through them by showing the higher ups how you play and handle different situations, be capable to Role Play and get big and challenging bounties like police do "Ride A Longs". But the Devs and Designers can come up with names for the ranks and weapons, just my small idea that can change the reputation, responsibility, and respect for a Vigilante.   

Edited by Nikot33n
2 minutes ago, Nikot33n said:

DoctorK, I completely agree with you about the fact that Vigilante should be more respected. when I was a vigilante people would shit talk about how crap they are and annoying they are and the end up RDMing me in the Kavala Square. I also know that people do abuse the vigilante like robbing people with the Zipties, taking other Vigilantes Bounty's and tazing other vigilantes. I think relocating the vigilante Shop somewhat close to the Police HQ is a good idea because its hard trying to get one member of a big gang to the Shop when their camping it with Mk14s and such. but like you said about the weapons I think having decent weapons and not OP ones is alright like people in here are saying MCXs and P07s and I think that's a good idea. You also were taking about a rank and I came up with a cool Idea with a ranking system like the police have. So to start of Senior would be like one of the higher ups in Vigilante who have the ability to buy MCXs and different gear like vests, clothing and such. The ranking system would work like this. You buy a Vigilante License your the lowest rank and progress through them by showing the higher ups how you play and handle different situations, be capable to Role Play and get big and challenging bounties like police do "Ride A Longs". But the Devs and Designers can come up with names for the ranks and weapons, just my small idea that can change the reputation, responsibility, and respect for a Vigilante.   

Or you could do once you jail X amount of players, you get rank 2, and a better gun is unlock. then once you jail Y amount of players, you get to rank 3 etc. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Or you could do once you jail X amount of players, you get rank 2, and a better gun is unlock. then once you jail Y amount of players, you get to rank 3 etc. 

Yes something like that, that progress' the amount of people you jail go's to your rank.. man we should sign up to be designers, eh Augustus? lol.

I think the whitelisted vigilantes should be called liscensed contractors, and then the senior members would be senior contractors. The reason for the name is because they would be liscensed(whitelisted) and contractor because they have more power than a regular vigilante. Also soemthing i thought of is that since they would be whitelisted, they could have a channel in the ts and maybe work somewhat in tandom with the police to catch harder to reach gangs and other people who the police dont have time to track down. These contractors would be similar to vigilantes in the way that they dont have to wait to go in redzones, they could use their own vehicles to get places faster and to harder to reach places like cartels where gnags maybe hiding out, etc. Im sure there are some other limitations the APD have that the vigilantes wont, thats what would make them unique. And maybe since they would be working together cops and vigis, cops could tell the vigis about certain gangs giving the APD trouble and what not, that are out of their juristiction. And maybe a small price would be put on the individuals head, so that the vigis would get the contract money plus the bounty money. Thats why they would be contractors because they would be helping catch people that the APD deems to difficult to come at with their current force.

Just a thought of course which would be cool if it eas implemented in some form. Feedback would be awesome to perfect the idea and how it could possibly fit on the server, the pros and cons of having another faction like this.

Forgot to add this but having the whitelisted position would allow like minded vigis to get together towards one common goal, which ive heard is somehwat tough when playing currently as a vigi. Because its usually one or two pll vs a whole gang trying to get their guy out of the vigis hands.

7 minutes ago, ShadowXbeast said:

I think the whitelisted vigilantes should be called liscensed contractors, and then the senior members would be senior contractors. The reason for the name is because they would be liscensed(whitelisted) and contractor because they have more power than a regular vigilante. Also soemthing i thought of is that since they would be whitelisted, they could have a channel in the ts and maybe work somewhat in tandom with the police to catch harder to reach gangs and other people who the police dont have time to track down. These contractors would be similar to vigilantes in the way that they dont have to wait to go in redzones, they could use their own vehicles to get places faster and to harder to reach places like cartels where gnags maybe hiding out, etc. Im sure there are some other limitations the APD have that the vigilantes wont, thats what would make them unique. And maybe since they would be working together cops and vigis, cops could tell the vigis about certain gangs giving the APD trouble and what not, that are out of their juristiction. And maybe a small price would be put on the individuals head, so that the vigis would get the contract money plus the bounty money. Thats why they would be contractors because they would be helping catch people that the APD deems to difficult to come at with their current force.

Just a thought of course which would be cool if it eas implemented in some form. Feedback would be awesome to perfect the idea and how it could possibly fit on the server, the pros and cons of having another faction like this.

Forgot to add this but having the whitelisted position would allow like minded vigis to get together towards one common goal, which ive heard is somehwat tough when playing currently as a vigi. Because its usually one or two pll vs a whole gang trying to get their guy out of the vigis hands.

Like what I said. Small ideas turn big one's one day. I think if Me and you Shadow get our Posts in we may have a chance to change the way people look at vigilante and may want to be one. Good Idea man. 

• Like 1
On June 3, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Augustus said:

Vigis should be able to buy p07s, stings and mxcs. P07 would be 20k, Sting would be 45k and MXC 85kish

Also, there should be an animation when you send someone to jail, maybe like the speed of boltcutting a house door, because I had a Vigi arresting me, and my gang members were killing me, and he just ran to the Vigi shop, turned me in super fast and ran.

my gang members were killing the Vigi, not me. my mistake

On 3-6-2016 at 6:30 PM, Augustus said:

then gang members could turn themselves in into other gang members to get  rank ups

• Admin
1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Shouldn't be that hard to make it so gang members can't be arrested by gang members.

That happens once in a while. When it does happen we usually get a report and it is swiftly dealt with. 

On 6/3/2016 at 9:30 AM, Augustus said:

Ooh, vigis have always complained about ranks. I think that would be a great idea.