Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked RP more for cops

23 hours ago, Sociopathic said:

I think cops should have to RP more, or atleast go through RP training to become a "Cadet", there's nothing more annoying than trying to RP with a cop and putting a lot of effort into it, just to hear "I dont beleive you" and that be the end of it, its gotten to the point to where I dont request higher ups because I need to complain about an officer, I request higher ups so I get some half decent RP, im not looking to argue my way out of my charges every time, but atleast put it some effort instead of just brushing what I say off. I have over 17k minutes on cop and I never understood why people who hate RP or who dont bother to RP actually become cops, there are people who I've seen who just treat it as a money source and nothing else, I'm not gonna call anyone out on it, I'm just simply stating it'd be nice to have RP training be a standard.

TL;DR Cops need to RP more.

What Happened?

What was the situation that caused you to express your discontent with the APD?

Pretty simple really when interacting with officers whilst being a civ. All APD have to worry about is RPing as an Officer. If you are conducting illegal activities and get caught by cops, you would be processed according to the situation into which you were in. Your actions leading up to the apprehension also are taken into consideration post process. Knowing these two factors and understanding the role of the officer, the civilian would need to be a bit creative if he/she were to "sweet talk" their way out of a ticket. I cannot simply kill cops and expect for my gun not to be seized because the officers did not take my excuse of PTSD and a war veteran story seriously. 

A good Officer role plays like one, they go off of facts, that means evidence they either seen, or witness by their partner. The story created by civilian in question needs to make sense to the officer. He then bases that on the facts he has at hand leading up to the point of interrogation. Again it really depends on your encounter Sociopathic and if your encounter differs from what I mentioned above where the process was lazy, put in the report. You cannot expect the APD as a whole to meet what standards you perceive good rp is, however if you feel that your encounters ( based on you venting here) are questionable, put in a report and we will look at it.

26 minutes ago, Talindor said:

What Happened?

Pretty simple really when interacting with officers whilst being a civ. All APD have to worry about is RPing as an Officer. If you are conducting illegal activities and get caught by cops, you would be processed according to the situation into which you were in. Your actions leading up to the apprehension also are taken into consideration post process. Knowing these two factors and understanding the role of the officer, the civilian would need to be a bit creative if he/she were to "sweet talk" their way out of a ticket. I cannot simply kill cops and expect for my gun not to be seized because the officers did not take my excuse of PTSD and a war veteran story seriously. 

A good Officer role plays like one, they go off of facts, that means evidence they either seen, or witness by their partner. The story created by civilian in question needs to make sense to the officer. He then bases that on the facts he has at hand leading up to the point of interrogation. Again it really depends on your encounter Sociopathic and if your encounter differs from what I mentioned above where the process was lazy, put in the report. You cannot expect the APD as a whole to meet what standards you perceive good rp is, however if you feel that your encounters ( based on you venting here) are questionable, put in a report and we will look at it.

I don't usually expect to keep my weapons if I have manslaughters, or even really to get off on the charges, I'll RP and come up with a good story just for the fun of RPing, but there's no point in trying if the cop is gonna just brush it off and ignore what I say. I'm not saying pardon me or give me a half ticket, I just want cops to put some effort into RPing instead of saying, they don't beleive me.

@Talindor I did put in a report ( #17637 )

1 hour ago, McDili said:

irl they just shoot them with a marksman. The negotiation process is literally one big lie fest to get the guy to become vulnerable so he can be captured, and in some cases killed if necessary.

Yeah it is. But they don't go in buns blazing right away. They spend hours talking them down, agreeing with the hostage taker, and making them feel calm. Obviously I can't just call off negotiations easily, and the odds of someone getting a good angle for a shot just doesn't happen. If I could, I would want to stop negotiations if it means teasing or killing, as soon as I can. But I should let the hostage taker get to the point where they are set up and comfortable in their position. If I spook him to soon, he'll kill the hostage, and even if we do capture him, it isn't worth a civilian dying. I'd. Rather resolve a situation peacefully if it means I have to give them my vest. But yeah, that's off topic I now realize. Love Olympus, I just wish valuing another persons live should be a rule. RP could bend that, but I think that would make for better situations. Won't happen, but would be nice if it did.

41 minutes ago, Talindor said:

What Happened?

Also, it's not really my discontent with the APD as a whole, it's more with a few of the officers who I didn't name cause I'm not trying to start anything, but it seems that newer cops, their RP isn't good for obvious reasons, and I know they'll learn so I try not to get too salty about it, but the cop I had issues with, isn't a new cop, and it seems that some people who have been cops for a while but are stuck at PO, get in this rut so they don't think they'll get CPL, so they don't try to RP as much and in not RPing much, they don't look like good CPL Canidates. 

I just reviewed your case, check your email. I will now lock this up and leave this to everyone else;

If an Officer is conducting themselves outside of the standards that are in place for the APD, put in a report, don't make threads against a faction as a whole on the forums. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, J0h said:

Robocop is the new meta

Same +1 tman remember a few months ago u were on cop and I accidently rdmd u and u went on civ and I triggerfingered you because of my dumb ass friends?

I honestly do not recall haha

• Like 1