Just so you know, I'm recording!

Things to hear daily:

I'm recording!

I'm sending in a ticket!

I'm going to get you banned!

You aren't allowed to do that!  Its against server rules!

This stuff gets so old.  Can we make it against the server rules to bring that ooc stuff up?  And its not just limited to when you are playing cop!

Even if its not banned, guys, please stop saying this stuff.  It kills all the fun of the rp right then and there.  Record your video, send it in, let the process play out.  No need to talk about it.

• Like 3

Lightwarrior  "I'm going to get you banned for killing me in a green zone you can't kill in a green zone"

Scoobs "that's not a rule, fines are doubled, but I can still kill you in a green zone dumb shit"

Lightwarrior "It's a green zone, which means I'm protected by admins, and they get logs instantly to there email when you kill someone in a green zone, enjoy your 4 day ban"

2 hours later

Lightwarrior was banned for RDM....            

F****** loser.

#REKT

• Like 3

This stuff gets so old.  Can we make it against the server rules to bring that ooc stuff up?  And its not just limited to when you are playing cop!

This is against server rules.  Its called Meta-gaming.  Anything that your character wouldn't have knowledge of is meta-gaming.  The unfortunate side of this is that staff would require video evidence because 9 times out of 10 we're not going to be standing right there.

Honestly, I'm completely okay with bashing in side chat because it gives people someone to hate and/or hunt.

But what I can't stand is when people call rules like that. At this point, I either ignore them or tell them to stfu and submit it instead of talking about it.

It's such a waste of energy to argue about rules. If someone's gonna ask for comp, okay fine, but arguing rules is so tiring.

Its called Meta-gaming.  Anything that your character wouldn't have knowledge of is meta-gaming.

It's metagaming to say you were RDM'd in side? Even if you don't give a location?

Wouldn't it then also be metagaming to read that someone is robbing a store, has taken over a gang hideout, is stealing a kidney or is robbing a player of which, everyone in the server is notified?

I must say, I don't fully understand what metagaming is. Obviously things like switching to cop after seeing a drug deal go down is metagaming, as is saying (and acting upon) things like someone saying there is a player at X field with a hemmit in side.

But I've seen a post ( http://olympus-entertainment.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1357-the-definition-of-meta-gaming/ ) in which he describes the "definition" of metagaming (I understand he's not defining it literally, just using more colourful terms to describe what he consideres meta) to be server-hopping a robbery point - I don't understand how that is metagaming at all. Clearly it's using an exploit, but using information your character shouldn't already have? It doesn't.

It's metagaming to say you were RDM'd in side? Even if you don't give a location?

Wouldn't it then also be metagaming to read that someone is robbing a store, has taken over a gang hideout, is stealing a kidney or is robbing a player of which, everyone in the server is notified?

I would say any discussion of a subject that your character would not or should not be aware of is meta-gaming.  Even if you don't give a location.

The overall reasoning on why this is done is to give other players a chance to stay away from that area if they don't want to get involved.  It also helps give the cops a chance at responding.  As for why cops should see it:

Gas Station - clerk trips alarm, monitoring company calls cops.

Gang Hideout - Police intelligence gathering methods (though not sure why Civ's need this)

Robbing a player - NPC witness reporting incident

Kidney theft - you got me on this one...

I'm not sure why Civ's should be able to see the messages too, but it most likely has something to do with coding... not sure.

This is the definition of meta-gaming I use:

Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming

• Like 1