I love my router so much

• SWAT Commander
7 minutes ago, Metro said:

Speedtest.net and tell me what you get 

Are you downloading anything

My connection is generally 100-300mb/ps down and 60 upload, but my router cuts out occasionally. But I'm having At&T dig up the street and put a fiber line to my house soon, so hopefully that will help it out, and it's most likely my router. Some days it's slow, and others it's super fast. Some days I have a steady connection, others I lag out every minute I log on.

Google and download a program called "Pingplotter" and lookup a video about how it works.

When your issue with slowness is occurring, just use the program to target google.com and it will show you a good picture of what's going on at every hop(Router) along the way to Google. All it does is tracert to a target and continuously ping each hop along the way to show a trend.

If you experience packet loss at the first hop, then the problem is with your modem/router, or your ethernet. If the issue is not being caused from inside your house, you won't observe packet loss until the 2nd hop or somewhere in the middle.

If the final hop, google, is not having packet loss but one of the hops is showing packet loss anyhow, then it is not something worry about as it isn't actually affecting your quality of service.

There are also ways to tell by the trend whether it's a hardware issue, or bandwidth issue, or something else. There is a guide on the pingplotter website to show you how to identify what type of problem is going on, which would be especially useful if the problem is being caused from within your house.

Even if you don't understand what you're looking at, using this program to generate data is extremely helpful to your ISP and will help to pinpoint where they need to look. And if the problem is not being caused from within your house, you can immediately rule out steps like swapping your modem or doing a cable trace.

If you have any questions I can try to answer as best I can. I have been going through a similar issue with my ISP and have sporadic packet loss throughout the day at random times, and the problem was definitely not being caused from within my house. It made it very easy for my ISP to accept fault and I got easy credit on the bill. The data I presented to my ISP got me a quicker escalation to the field supervisor in my area to start focusing on the issue. Despite some blunders by my ISP, their management is definitely taking my issue a lot more seriously than in the past when all I had for them was "I just have packet loss sometimes, randomly."

1 hour ago, McDili said:

Google and download a program called "Pingplotter" and lookup a video about how it works.

When your issue with slowness is occurring, just use the program to target google.com and it will show you a good picture of what's going on at every hop(Router) along the way to Google. All it does is tracert to a target and continuously ping each hop along the way to show a trend.

If you experience packet loss at the first hop, then the problem is with your modem/router, or your ethernet. If the issue is not being caused from inside your house, you won't observe packet loss until the 2nd hop or somewhere in the middle.

If the final hop, google, is not having packet loss but one of the hops is showing packet loss anyhow, then it is not something worry about as it isn't actually affecting your quality of service.

There are also ways to tell by the trend whether it's a hardware issue, or bandwidth issue, or something else. There is a guide on the pingplotter website to show you how to identify what type of problem is going on, which would be especially useful if the problem is being caused from within your house.

Even if you don't understand what you're looking at, using this program to generate data is extremely helpful to your ISP and will help to pinpoint where they need to look. And if the problem is not being caused from within your house, you can immediately rule out steps like swapping your modem or doing a cable trace.

If you have any questions I can try to answer as best I can. I have been going through a similar issue with my ISP and have sporadic packet loss throughout the day at random times, and the problem was definitely not being caused from within my house. It made it very easy for my ISP to accept fault and I got easy credit on the bill. The data I presented to my ISP got me a quicker escalation to the field supervisor in my area to start focusing on the issue. Despite some blunders by my ISP, their management is definitely taking my issue a lot more seriously than in the past when all I had for them was "I just have packet loss sometimes, randomly."

i stopped reading after the word "occurring"

29 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Is this essay class

19 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Mcdili thats too much reading fam

10 minutes ago, sin said:

i stopped reading after the word "occurring"

Perhaps I could interest you folks in some tutoring.

After completing my lesson plan, you WILL be able to read one of my essays, guaranteed!