Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

RP RP RP PLEASE RP

First let me introduce myself, in game I am known as [POTP] Supply Box and recently also known as Officer Box (new Deputy to the APD). I love to RP and find it extremely fun to do it.

Now let me lay out the situation, to not mention names we will simply call him Bob.

I was in a police hatchback doing a patrol outside Air HQ with Corporal Warfare. Now as we are driving down the road we saw a wanted criminal, we pull over and approach him. Now we do not restrain him right away, but instead we start to RP. We ask him why is he out in the middle of the street with no clothes on. Bob tells us that he just came online, now Corporal Warfare and I decide to RP this out. We start asking him what does he mean by online, then we asked him if he was a little confused because he thought he was in a game. Bob then says "just give me the ticket I just came online", to keep the RP going we asked him if he was mentally stable or under any substances because he kept thinking he was in a game. Bob then tells us "what are you talking about? i just got on server 1." Corporal Warfare and I then proceed to finally restrain him and tell him that we believe that he is under some sort of substance that is making him hallucinate. We also tell him that we will be calling a Medic to give him an evaluation to whether he is on some sort of substance or not. We then drive him down to Air HQ which is less than 800 meters out. I then text the EMS stating "This is Deputy Box, I need a medic to come to Air HQ to evaluate a suspect to determine if he is under any substances".  While I'm doing this Bob is yelling "you guys are so f***ing stupid just give me the stupid ticket or im going to combat log i dont care if I get ban". In hopes of keeping the RP alive still Corporal Warfare asks him why he is so confused, After he says that to Bob, Bob logs off. 

Note: Keep in mind all of these happen within 5 minutes. He was arrested 800meters outside Air HQ. So if you say we are wasting his time, my response to you is. Why do you play on a RolePlay server if you don't have time to RP. If all you want is to kill people and make the most money then play something else. That is not what RP is about, lets focus less on money and killing and more on RP.

Now what I'm wondering is why some people complain about RP when 99% of criminal just say "give me my f***ing ticket, hurry up dumb cops, you didn't announce yourself, I have a go pro, you broke this rule, let me go." All these while their friends are screaming "let him go, you broke this rule, you are stupid, going to get unwhitelisted" etc etc.

I guess all I'm saying is that after being on both sides, civ and APD, RP is not done as often as I would like. Please, just RP and everything will go better for everyone.

• Like 4

Players can be dicks and the wont RP anything. I will RP anything. I told a cop that these 5 manslaughters were all in self defense. I told him the attempted Auto thefts, Grand theft, and drug possession were all in self defense as well and the 5 kidnapping charge I had no idea where those Kidnapping charges came from because I've never took a nap with a kid in my life. Then i asked for a pardon. At the end of the day this cop would not buy it. But thats one of the best RPs ive done yet.

i agree

i had i funny roleplay situation which resulted in it continuing after server restart, we even agrred on a place to meet after server restart lol

its just a shame i didnt realize my recording software wasnt running :( as really wanted to upload to to show how good RP can play out :) 

Players can be dicks and the wont RP anything. I will RP anything. I told a cop that these 5 manslaughters were all in self defense. I told him the attempted Auto thefts, Grand theft, and drug possession were all in self defense as well and the 5 kidnapping charge I had no idea where those Kidnapping charges came from because I've never took a nap with a kid in my life. Then i asked for a pardon. At the end of the day this cop would not buy it. But thats one of the best RPs ive done yet.

haha i gotta try and remember that one lol  be funny just to hear the cops reply to it lol 

supply box well state. However sometimes as cops we do not have alot time to RP due to other crimes going on. BUt a good rp on both sides is the best. Snake and I *(me) did a great one with Hamofmoose and 2 other guys awhile back where we basically wiped their ticket and made them walk back for a very far part of the map at night naked. RP went both ways and it was the BEST time I ever had on the sever. Wish we could do more.

Guest Ebzekro

Hey dudeski,

The best explanation that I could have for people not RPing much is frustration. I can't say for sure as all of you have played on this server longer than I have, but I feel like people get extremely frustrated and impatient when they get caught. This really has nothing to do with your situation, but people can get upset when Cops RP lacks. For example, if I get tazed by a cop then it's just a good shot and i'll give credit where credit is due. Either I didn't out drive or out shoot them, and normally I'll respect cops time and say just feel free to send me straight to jail because I don't plan on paying the ticket. What can be annoying is charges that are somewhat misplaced. I was driving around on a go-kart once and a cop charged me with speeding. When I asked where his proof was, he said that he was going 60 therefore I must have been going 60, disregarding the fact that he was constantly catching up to me. If you ask me that's pretty crappy role play and really not any proof. Then they typically shut down and let a lower rank deal with the person. Of course in the situation, I shut down and get really upset or it like are you serious or am I on Altis life punked.. The point of that story is that for the most part, my experience with cops has become very negative. For people that have played much longer than me, I could see this possibly happen a lot to the point where they just don't want to deal with cops and want to just get the ticket or go to jail. As stupid as it sounds, people just have personalities like that where instead of associating it with the person, it gets associated with the force itself. 

I think people get upset with cops rp and ignore civ rp because the APD are suppose to be represent the server. So it really reflects when cops don't rp much, whereas civs are just the little dudes. Either that or just 90% of the people are dicks haha. LIke I said, I'm not really sure. He probably had some real life stuff that was affecting his mood. I'm not trying to say that these are excuses or that you are wrong or anything. Also, as I previously stated, you all have most likely played longer than I have. I'm still learning. These are just the theories that I've made. Live and learn though lol

I feel some people don't like to rp when they get caught with a high bounty.... It's get them mad because they wanted to get it to a higher bounty and we stopped that when this happens they find everything they can to get you to let them go freely....

I feel some people don't like to rp when they get caught with a high bounty.... It's get them mad because they wanted to get it to a higher bounty and we stopped that when this happens they find everything they can to get you to let them go freely....

Rofl doesn't this happen in real life too though? I know when I went to jail one time I had every excuse in the world for those silver bracelets not to be put on....dam me for being drunk walking out of the bar lol

• Like 1

I'll edit up a video at some point...was a roll-on from the video "A Man and his Taxi Part 1: Kidnapped".  I'm the twin brother of Andrew Applepicker, he was killed by police procedural incompetence, got into the moonshine a bit, have debts to pay...the cop then went on to talk about how I can get into an AA program and get my GED. It was pretty awesome actually :)