Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Voice Over Net not working

I have it binded to double tab and the Direct chat lites up when I click it but my mic doesn't work when talk, no one can hear me. I've saved recordings of me talking with voice over net on Shadow Play and no one can hear me in game but it picks up what I'm saying in the recording. I've googled how to fix the issue but nothing is helpful on google and so I turn the community for advice. I've tried restarting my settings, etc. This is obviously annoying for when Im trying to process kids.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I get the exact problem.

The problem is that it activates for a second and then instantly deactivates and I still haven't found a fix. When I proccess a suspect i'll usually take a picture of their crimes and bounty with my phone.

If you find a fix please let me know. :)

I use apple ear buds to game, sometimes they have built in mics which fucks up my voice capture devices. Whenever my mic doesnt work in game I do this : Right click your speaker icon on your tool bar and click recording devices. Make sure the microphone you are using is set to your default recording device then hit apply. Make sure you have restarted arma after making these changes then give it a shot in game. 

So a few updates back arma by default unbinded voice over net... have you tried re-beinding it to  double capslock? Also does the 'direct voice' (white) on the bottom left remain lit while talking?

1 hour ago, MAV said:

So a few updates back arma by default unbinded voice over net... have you tried re-beinding it to  double capslock? Also does the 'direct voice' (white) on the bottom left remain lit while talking?

It does but your characters mouth stops moving (which indicates that you're no longer transmitting sound). Also I've tried it with the other channels and your name in the bottom left disappears after a second and your character's mouth stops moving.

I've tried rebinding it and I've tried binding it to a different key.

2 hours ago, MAV said:

Both your questions can be answered with "yes".

And similarly to Sevie, the same situation.

2 hours ago, Darkon said:

@MAV It's whatever mic comes with the CloudX. As for voice detection, it is able to utilize voice activation on discord and TeamSpeak so I can't imagine why this wouldn't apply since all its doing is holding down the speak button.

I hear ya man - just trying to collect all the details :-) especially since this is something i have not heard of before....

Dont know if this helps but my pc sometimes resets my recording device to my sound card instead of my headset microphone this fucks with arma so i cant talk ingame until i change it back to the microphone im using it still works in other programs just not arma so what im getting at is make sure your microphone is set as the default recording device.

2 minutes ago, CommanderSuki said:

Dont know if this helps but my pc sometimes resets my recording device to my sound card instead of my headset microphone this fucks with arma so i cant talk ingame until i change it back to the microphone im using it still works in other programs just not arma so what im getting at is make sure your microphone is set as the default recording device.

I thought of this too - but he said this only happens when hes using Voice over net (double tap Caps Lock) not regular talking which is why this is so odd to me.