Windows 10 eating up my SSD space

• Admin

Hey NERDS (starting with @McDili ). Lately my computer has been randomly eating SSD space. I can start with 80GB and 2 hours later it is screaming "ran out of disk space".  I thought it was some sort of shitty program (scam) telling me my memory was low but I looked into my actual drive and I was down to 80MB and sometimes 0 bytes!.  Anyone know what gives? 

I have done a lot of research but I just gave up, haven't found anything helpful.  Maybe time to just reformat my C: drive? 

Yeah what Krispy said. I've had this exact same issue before. My available disk size continued to decrease. I ended up sorting through the different folders on my drive to figure out where the files were loading into. (I think this issue is to do with some background application being stuck on a download and downloading the same corrupted files over and over again.) Check your task manager to see what apps you are running that might be updating aswell. Nvidia exp/ spotify / discord / etc.

I was led into my downloads folder and after deleting select few it stopped. My advise is to check the modified date to figure out what is being downloaded. 

Edited by drraison
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Don't do this. Defragging an SSD is not a good practice and there are loads of forums advising against it.

Believing everything you read on the internet

45 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Don't do this. Defragging an SSD is not a good practice and there are loads of forums advising against it.

+1, defragging has great potential to cause more problems down the line and it's not worth in the long run.