MRAP Update, important

As most of you may know the "encore" update came out 2 days ago, in the changelog MRAP damage improvements were included.

Over on r/arma the BI dev lead stated that MRAP's (Strider,Ifrit,Hunter) have been made "immune" to 7.62 and that the way to disable MRAPs from now on will be with light AT launchers.

MRAPS are going to be bonafide tanks and unless the server can reduce their damage inputs they may have to be tweaked, but now they will be much easier to use so buy them while you can!

• Downvote 5
4 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

Why tf u gotta be a rat

Im literally telling people about how they're tanks now and I literally told people to buy them while they're available. It's better we enjoy and buy ifrits now instead of having them possibly pulled in the future.

Also this knowledge will for sure make MRAP pushes more of a thing which everybody can agree is a good thing.

90b1e9c3eea8b5530248d3bdc6d07885.png 

This was the issue with the Ifrit and Strider, and according to the changelog, the hunter remains untouched. The problem was basically 7.62 could wipe people inside of an armored vehicle with one mag. Now I haven't really tested the two vehicles since the patch but shooting out tires and popping through people through the glass should still be viable options. I don't see a problem with a 600 something thousand dollar vehicle tanking a mag of small arms fire but that's just me.

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1