Turning the shitty tractor into a high risk-high reward work vehicle.

Back when the contact dlc released, i had hope that some of the new vehicles would have an interesting niche to fill in olympus, sadly the contact dlc came; and the covered truck became a suv wanabee, and the tractor a meme macine; however i propose that some massive changes be made to the humble show tractor as a uninsurable tempest device with zero armor, but it can mine plant based resources 1.5 - 2 - 3 times faster. Creating interesting ways to rework run strats and enhance the thrill of raiding, and being raided.

• Hmm 1

32 minutes ago, Superman said:

Tractors are for plowing, tilling, disking, harrowing, and planting. Are you suggesting to use a tractor for collecting peaches and apples? 

Yes, but also heroine, cocaine, corn sugar, yeast, ephedra, weed, and musherooms

Edited by Sagebrush
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

It does make sense, because it costs about a million dollars. 

What he is proposing would likely cause an increase in the price of the tractor as well. Kinda makes sense and if it doesn't have much of an inventory and it is slow I think it is not a bad idea to give some use of the tractor and variety in runs. Idea needs touching up but could go somewhere +1

19 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

What he is proposing would likely cause an increase in the price of the tractor as well. Kinda makes sense and if it doesn't have much of an inventory and it is slow I think it is not a bad idea to give some use of the tractor and variety in runs. Idea needs touching up but could go somewhere +1

Yes it would be more expensive, and vecome uninsurable, to insure balance.

13 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

People aren't going to drive a slow tractor all the way to weed field, and somehow harvest weed with it (which makes no sense). This suggestion wouldn't be effective for runs.

You arent being cleaver enough, combine the tractor with another cargo vehicle lets say a tempest transport, and a strategically bought garage; and you have an impressive combo for runs right there.

Have the tractor as an engine to enhance runs; not a stanalone run vehicle like the tempest device.

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Sagebrush said:

You arent being cleaver enough, combine the tractor with another cargo vehicle lets say a tempest transport, and a strategically bought garage; and you have an impressive combo for runs right there.

Have the tractor as an engine to enhance runs; not a stanalone run vehicle like the tempest device.

How would the tractor improve the run? 

20 hours ago, Sagebrush said:

Faster gathering

So, if the tractor was within a certain proximity of the tempest device, it would increase the speed that the tempest device gathers ingredients, but not gather ingredients itself?

37 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

So, if the tractor was within a certain proximity of the tempest device, it would increase the speed that the tempest device gathers ingredients, but not gather ingredients itself?

Wasent thinking of that, but... that is an interesting idea.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:49 PM, Noahhh! said:

well harvesting corn yeast and sugar would also be very nice.

• TriHard 1

I guess I can see what your thinking. You could just pull out a tractor at weed and harvest. Then put everything in a tempest transport and go and process. It's a interesting idea for sure, IDK about being practical though.

33 minutes ago, LanceOLot said:

I guess I can see what your thinking. You could just pull out a tractor at weed and harvest. Then put everything in a tempest transport and go and process. It's a interesting idea for sure, IDK about being practical though.

Yeah, I just don't think it's worth changing. Not a horrible idea though.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

Yeah, I just don't think it's worth changing. Not a horrible idea though.

If were going by roleplay you wouldnt see a tractor harvesting weed. Tractors are really just useless except for the memes.