Police Professional Standards

Monks

So i know in the APD handbook it says cops must behave professionally around civs as a normal cop would. But i guess this line between professionalism and friendly banter is not very specific. Because nowadays there are cops literally walking around shit talking, calling people retards/autistic, and genuinely being toxic while on cop. I have 1 in mind specifically but what is your guys opinion on this?

• Like 1
  • Pepega 1
  • Downvote 2

if your talking about yesterday when it was me and the deputy and the deputy called you retarted i told you that you had every right to make an IA if you felt that what he was doing wasnt right since i wasnt with him to see it for myself. However if your talking about me calling your friend a faggot on TS thats your own problem. tell him to stop bitching so much lmao shits annoying

My take on the conduct rule for APD is if someones non stop shit talking while in custody then sure you can call them a retard or whatever but you need to have boundaries.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, Monks said:

So i know in the APD handbook it says cops must behave professionally around civs as a normal cop would. But i guess this line between professionalism and friendly banter is not very specific. Because nowadays there are cops literally walking around shit talking, calling people retards/autistic, and genuinely being toxic while on cop. I have 1 in mind specifically but what is your guys opinion on this?

shut up retard

just kidding monks i love you

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Evannnnn said:

if your talking about yesterday when it was me and the deputy and the deputy called you retarted i told you that you had every right to make an IA if you felt that what he was doing wasnt right since i wasnt with him to see it for myself. However if your talking about me calling your friend a faggot on TS thats your own problem. tell him to stop bitching so much lmao shits annoying

Lmao personally in ts i feel anything is fair game. But in game that dep was being a fuck. Even before you logged on right after they tased Mr. fuck you before the whole argument started he was already saying stuff like "get fucked on" and "stfu your honestly autistic." I just want some other opinions on where the line is drawn. 

I know my friend was being toxic but if you were there from the start you would see the dep started the whole controversy

Just now, Monks said:

Lmao personally in ts i feel anything is fair game. But in game that dep was being a fuck. Even before you logged on right after they tased Mr. fuck you before the whole argument started he was already saying stuff like "get fucked on" and "stfu your honestly autistic." I just want some other opinions on where the line is drawn.

if i saw him doing it i wouldve stepped in but i wasnt there and i didnt know until i arrived, make an IA and see where it goes because cops have no right to just start shit talking and degrading other people unless they are being excessively shit talked first.

• Like 1

If you're ever concerned with an officers actions, that is why we have the APD Internal Affairs report. Feel free to submit evidence of an officers actions and we'll determine if they've crossed the line or not.

• Clown 1

Is reports for serious cases, but remember this is a military simulator.  It’s also rated M for mature if I’m not mistaken.  So don’t be a snowflake when someone swears during a situation.  Reserve your reports for racism/discrimination or severely toxic situations.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Reserve your reports for racism/discrimination or severely toxic situations.

last night i ran into the most unprofessional and toxic cop ever, didnt even ask questions during processing, just added random charges cuz he "felt like it", called me n****, seized  a bunch of cop gear and sent me to jail

• Downvote 2

Imagine getting butt hurt about someone talking shit to you, mind you a COP talking shit to you IN GAME, then making a forum post about it because you got butt hurt. Like, on civ you can be as toxic as you want without being racist, go ham next time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Toasty said:

Imagine getting butt hurt about someone talking shit to you, mind you a COP talking shit to you IN GAME, then making a forum post about it because you got butt hurt. Like, on civ you can be as toxic as you want without being racist, go ham next time. 

Im not butt hurt lol and im not gonna respond in the same way bc im not toxic and quite frankly, thats childish. Im just asking if this is actually allowed for cops to do because it is slightly annoying to have an rando deputy shit talk the entire time he processes you. I just want some quality roleplay mannnnn

53 minutes ago, Richard said:

Is reports for serious cases, but remember this is a military simulator.  It’s also rated M for mature if I’m not mistaken.  So don’t be a snowflake when someone swears during a situation.

Swearing means nothing in this day in age. Its the fact that as a cop you are expected to behave in a professional manner and roleplay every situation out as if it was irl. Tasing someone then saying "get shit on retard" literally is the opposite of that. Just chill out bro we just roleplayin out here.

27 minutes ago, Monks said:

Im not butt hurt lol and im not gonna respond in the same way bc im not toxic and quite frankly, thats childish. Im just asking if this is actually allowed for cops to do because it is slightly annoying to have an rando deputy shit talk the entire time he processes you. I just want some quality roleplay mannnnn

You read and cited the rule yourself, basically answering your own question. You dont have to read between the lines. 

12 minutes ago, Toasty said:

You read and cited the rule yourself, basically answering your own question. You dont have to read between the lines. 

Yeah but personally i don't think the rule is very specific and has a lot of grey area

4 minutes ago, Monks said:

How can you be a homophobic and a fag... Literally opposites 

lololol dude you're asking me, the 2-3 cops there were like whatttttt?? but yeah on your topic, I do agree while on-duty cops should definitely be professional as possible. but if it was a deputy they could be used to civ or something where it doesn't matter too much and just bring their play style to cop until they learn sometimes with a little helping hand lol

Edited by Ansarith
1 hour ago, SecTranLive said:

If you're ever concerned with an officers actions, that is why we have the APD Internal Affairs report. Feel free to submit evidence of an officers actions and we'll determine if they've crossed the line or not.

Great job sectran!

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Is reports for serious cases, but remember this is a military simulator.  It’s also rated M for mature if I’m not mistaken.  So don’t be a snowflake when someone swears during a situation.  Reserve your reports for racism/discrimination or severely toxic situations.

I get what you're saying richard but this is an "RP" server and the APD is supposed to be professional, and RP based, we're tryna make this realistic, thats why cops cant rule quote, also thats why real life cops can't just call you a retard or whatever.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Birb said:

I get what you're saying richard but this is an "RP" server and the APD is supposed to be professional, and RP based, we're tryna make this realistic, thats why cops cant rule quote, also thats why real life cops can't just call you a retard or whatever.

Sure, but also know that if you did get called a retard by a cop, the most his sargent would say to him is “easy officer, this pussy is salty and mad that you arrested him”.  So unless it’s excessive, wipe your tears and get him next time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

how i see it and a lot of other seniors and officers see it. is quite literally what comes around goes around. ie you start shit talking some cop they have all the right to shit talk back (as long as it doesn't break server rules- racism harassment etc). bare this in mind tho that if you start to be racist they can report you themselves. best thing is to know the line between having a joke and low-key throwing it down on some random dude

p.s. many cops just deal with it and move on whilst some see it as a rp opportunity with the whole verbal insult charge and shit 

4 hours ago, Birb said:

The main reason why cops can rule quote now is purely for the whole aspect point its stops support abuse and also your supposed to know the law and guidelines of the APD and be able to explain a certain thing to a civ like they would do in real life 

• Admin
1 hour ago, decla said:

how i see it and a lot of other seniors and officers see it. is quite literally what comes around goes around. ie you start shit talking some cop they have all the right to shit talk back (as long as it doesn't break server rules- racism harassment etc). bare this in mind tho that if you start to be racist they can report you themselves. best thing is to know the line between having a joke and low-key throwing it down on some random dude

p.s. many cops just deal with it and move on whilst some see it as a rp opportunity with the whole verbal insult charge and shit 

The main reason why cops can rule quote now is purely for the whole aspect point its stops support abuse and also your supposed to know the law and guidelines of the APD and be able to explain a certain thing to a civ like they would do in real life 

Hey man. I don’t think support abuse has stopped. Have you seen my name in game? “Meet me in support pliz” and it’s just a little bitch who’s upset because he got caught and wants to delay processing. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Hey man. I don’t think support abuse has stopped. Have you seen my name in game? “Meet me in support pliz” and it’s just a little bitch who’s upset because he got caught and wants to delay processing. 

? you talking about me ? 😞