Admin spam during events

I was recently gaming on olympus server 1 when i got a series of messages about an event from an admin. The first message telling all who want to join the event to message the admin, which i understand. The second and third were repeats of the same thing. Then the next 10-15 messages were all info that only needs to be shared with those who are in the event. I think that there has to be a better way rather than spamming everyone who is not involved with distracting messages while we try to enjoy the game. Maybe a event channel could be added in ts or something? idk i just feel like its just as bad as people spamming side....Just a thought, any opinions?

The reason messages are sent out multiple times is because not every player has side chat enabled and with how Arma works getting text messages can be buggy. We send out usually 1 message to notify players of an event so they know to put gear away, we then send out another one to inform them to message X player to get involved, after that there is usually 1-2 more for anyone that wasn't on the server when the original message went out or they never got teleported by the server like they were supposed to. 

What you didn't see is when the event started we were still sending out event messages but only the players in the event could actually see them. 

We are aware of the issue where some event messages are sent server wide and it is being looked into.

Currently there are channels in Teamspeak, however due to the nature of some events, not everyone can be in the same channel thus requiring the use of the Event Notifications in-game. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the issue resolved soon.

The reason messages are sent out multiple times is because not every player has side chat enabled and with how Arma works getting text messages can be buggy. We send out usually 1 message to notify players of an event so they know to put gear away, we then send out another one to inform them to message X player to get involved, after that there is usually 1-2 more for anyone that wasn't on the server when the original message went out or they never got teleported by the server like they were supposed to. 

What you didn't see is when the event started we were still sending out event messages but only the players in the event could actually see them. 

I do remember the series of events last night involved a lot of admin/event messages saying things like

"don't go near the ifrits"

"if anyone messes with the event vehicles they will be dealt with"

"get in the tempest to be teleported to the start of the event"

As at the time of all these server wide messages, everyone participating in the event was together a lot of these messages should be able to be relayed through direct chat and don't need to be relayed on an admin/event message to the whole server. There are a few messages in the begging that are understandable, and another saying where events are taking place to warn people, which is understandable. Other than that I think that admin/event messages should be used more sparingly.

I do remember the series of events last night involved a lot of admin/event messages saying things like

"don't go near the ifrits"

"if anyone messes with the event vehicles they will be dealt with"

"get in the tempest to be teleported to the start of the event"

As at the time of all these server wide messages, everyone participating in the event was together a lot of these messages should be able to be relayed through direct chat and don't need to be relayed on an admin/event message to the whole server. There are a few messages in the begging that are understandable, and another saying where events are taking place to warn people, which is understandable. Other than that I think that admin/event messages should be used more sparingly.

Next time we do an event with 42 players I'll teleport you Brennan and you can try yelling in direct chat. Also a message was never sent out saying don't go near the ifrits as we wanted players to go next to the vehicles. Lastly we also never sent out a message saying get in the tempest as that was relayed through direct chat. 

Next time we do an event with 42 players I'll teleport you Brennan and you can try yelling in direct chat. 

I understand, then maybe after everyone is added to the event there is a special message type that sends to only the people in the event? I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but if it is possible that would basically solve this problem.

PS: I'll still take you up on that offer :P

I understand, then maybe after everyone is added to the event there is a special message that sends to only the people in the event? I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but if it is possible that would basically solve this problem.

It is already in the game but it's possible the messages are still getting sent server wide. Regardless when we are using HMG's it's best we tell everyone server wide not to touch them. 

Do a few messages really bother you that much? I swear people just want to QQ about ANYTHING. 

It is quite annoying if you have absolutely nothing to do with the event, you could be in the middle of a gun fight and you are getting spammed with admin messages that take up a decent portion of the screen. I could understand how that takes away from the experience.

It is already in the game but it's possible the messages are still getting sent server wide. Regardless when we are using HMG's it's best we tell everyone server wide not to touch them. 

Of course there are a couple of things that are best for the whole server to be aware of, but there were quite a fewthings that are sent through admin messages that could be contained within the members of the event and don't pertain to people no participating.

It is quite annoying if you have absolutely nothing to do with the event, you could be in the middle of a gun fight and you are getting spammed with admin messages that take up a decent portion of the screen. I could understand how that takes away from the experience.

Of course there are a couple of things that are best for the whole server to be aware of, but there were quite a fewthings that are sent through admin messages that could be contained within the members of the event and don't pertain to people no participating.

If things are sent through admin message I can't control that as it's not me sending it out. However at the beginning of an event you will receive multiple messages and there is nothing we can do about it as we want to get as many people involved as we can. Now if this is an issue with players receiving messages that are only supposed to be going to participants then it will get looked into. Other then that I think this thread can be closed.