vigis

On 1/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, Hunter said:

Why should a large portion of the map become a safezone when you have a bounty? Personally all for giving Vigis lethals like cop no charge but % of money with a cap at a high teir say teir 6 400 arrests they get lethals would make it less aids for all parties involved.

It's literally not a safe zone, you go to the warzone to die or kill people, how is that safe? lmfao, think of it like a roleplayer for two seconds even though RP doesn't exist on Oly. Why the actual fuck would a bounty hunter (vigi) ever endanger themselves and go to the deadliest hangout for criminals (the cartel)??? It's not only unrealistic in a RP sense but completely ruins cartels because you are not using it for what it was put in the server for. It wasn't put there with the thought that vigis would go and try to taze you and leave with your bounty, I remember back in the day people actually fought cartels and I never saw tazers unless cops showed up 🤡 Oh and I have seen high bounties literally everywhere, I'm not opposed to vigis going to cartel BUT your weapon should become a lethal the moment you enter warzone or a cartel, I would be fine with them not even giving you a charge for murder but at the same time if they do give you a manslaughter charge that would deter you from entering warzone so I wouldn't mind if you still got the charge 🙂 

On 1/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, Falco said:

Because the highest bounties usually reside inside of warzone. 

Cartel wasn't put on Oly for vigis, it was made for fighting and capping cartels as a reward. Also like I said earlier, the biggest bounties are quite literally everywhere except kavala, you'll find more high bounties out and about the island than you would on cartels to be quite frank. You can refer to my response to hunter as more reasons why vigis should have lethals on cartels/warzone and not a tazer. Just to clarify, I don't care to ban a certain group from going anywhere, however I do think if you have a vig license, your weapon should be lethal if you enter warzone/cartels opposed to straight up saying "no vigis on warzone/cartels".

• Downvote 1
4 hours ago, coopacarp said:

Cartel wasn't put on Oly for vigis, it was made for fighting and capping cartels as a reward. Also like I said earlier, the biggest bounties are quite literally everywhere except kavala, you'll find more high bounties out and about the island than you would on cartels to be quite frank. You can refer to my response to hunter as more reasons why vigis should have lethals on cartels/warzone and not a tazer. Just to clarify, I don't care to ban a certain group from going anywhere, however I do think if you have a vig license, your weapon should be lethal if you enter warzone/cartels opposed to straight up saying "no vigis on warzone/cartels".

Can confirm like my last statement the highest bounties are usually career cartel players. But ya I'm not against lethals. I just know if we tried to pass it, it would be shot down by staff.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, coopacarp said:

It's literally not a safe zone, you go to the warzone to die or kill people, how is that safe? lmfao, think of it like a roleplayer for two seconds even though RP doesn't exist on Oly. Why the actual fuck would a bounty hunter (vigi) ever endanger themselves and go to the deadliest hangout for criminals (the cartel)??? It's not only unrealistic in a RP sense but completely ruins cartels because you are not using it for what it was put in the server for. It wasn't put there with the thought that vigis would go and try to taze you and leave with your bounty, I remember back in the day people actually fought cartels and I never saw tazers unless cops showed up 🤡 Oh and I have seen high bounties literally everywhere, I'm not opposed to vigis going to cartel BUT your weapon should become a lethal the moment you enter warzone or a cartel, I would be fine with them not even giving you a charge for murder but at the same time if they do give you a manslaughter charge that would deter you from entering warzone so I wouldn't mind if you still got the charge 🙂 

Honestly it makes way more sense for VIGILANTES to be in warzone than for the cops to be there. You also kind of answered your own question, the deadlier they are; the higher the bounty. Money can be a pretty big incentive, hell if you want to go all roleplayer, a cartel could have murdered your family and you have vowed to bring the cartels to justice. TBH hardly any vigis even go to warzone, the most they usually go is Therisa and even that is rare. They already moved Neo vigi to Athira, so they have to drive you all the way up there which is plenty of time for your boys to free you. Plus Athira vigi is usually getting camped by rebels.

Cartel wasn't put on Oly for vigis,

It was put there for the ENTIRE player base to enjoy.

5 hours ago, coopacarp said:

Cartel wasn't put on Oly for vigis,

A certain part of the map should never be restricted to civs no matter what there license is. The max vigis can get is 556 and that will probably never change.

• Senior Web Developer
On 1/26/2022 at 1:34 PM, different poseidon said:

i think they should add a vigi outpost at therisa

100%. I rarely play my vigi nowadays but the previous vigi outpost outside of Neo needs to come back. They moved that outpost to Agios and that was a terrible decision. Makes capturing someone in the south-western area a complete pain in the ass. The Athira and Agios vigi outpost are close enough to each other that it doesn’t make sense.

57 minutes ago, Falco said:

Can confirm like my last statement the highest bounties are usually career cartel players. But ya I'm not against lethals. I just know if we tried to pass it, it would be shot down by staff.

Anything that is proposed that can be even remotely considered a buff for vigi seems like its just automatically shut down. There has not been one change in 6 months. Even fighting hand and foot for things that get denied without reason. Its kinda lame. The meetings are always tame and understanding and then afterward the idea just vanishes

• Weird 2
10 minutes ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

A certain part of the map should never be restricted to civs no matter what there license is. The max vigis can get is 556 and that will probably never change.

but your all ratty as fuck doesn't matter what caliber gun you have

• Like 1
  • Weird 1
4 minutes ago, Devan - Black Jesus said:

but your all ratty as fuck doesn't matter what caliber gun you have

So then lets agree that there need to be some changes 🙂 repeating what other people say on the forums isant going to help anything.

• Weird 1
1 minute ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

So then lets agree that there need to be some changes 🙂 repeating what other people say on the forums isant going to help anything.

then stop crying when multiple people are saying the same thing it's for a reason take a hint

Just now, Devan - Black Jesus said:

then stop crying when multiple people are saying the same thing it's for a reason take a hint

So where are vigis incentivized to be not ratty? Where are they rewarded for not camping towns. Its a common phrase. "Idc about how much it is i just need arrests." Yeah man there all rats man. Say the same thing over and over maybe it will change.

Being a vigi is pretty much stacked towards full ratitude. There's no good way to get bounties outside of camping hotspots like rebel bases or towns for low hanging fruit, and the progression system is based on arrests and progresses at a very slow rate, leading to a situation in which giving up small bounties is a non option. Any small crime can lead to a vigi losing their license, so they're compelled to have a massive stick up their ass and focus on their one and only task. I don't think you could design a more unfun role for every party involved if you tried.

They should honestly be redone or removed.

Signed, a tier 4 vigi 🙂

Edited by bingbonger6
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, bingbonger6 said:

Being a vigi is pretty much stacked towards full ratitude. There's no good way to get bounties outside of camping hotspots like rebel bases or towns for low hanging fruit, and the progression system is based on arrests and progresses at a very slow rate, leading to a situation in which giving up small bounties is a non option. Any small crime can lead to a vigi losing their license, so they're compelled to have a massive stick up their ass and focus on their one and only task. I don't think you could design a more unfun role for every party involved if you tried.

They should honestly be redone or removed.

Signed, a tier 4 vigi 🙂

+1 for rework

10 hours ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

It's not necessarily restricting any area to civs, it's just making it so warzone can be used as well... A warzone. I think it would be a great idea to give the bounty to the vigi if they successfully kill the member on cartel island and give them a much smaller portion of the bounty than cops get because well... Not hard to camp warzone rebel and kill a 2 mil bounty naked lol, but there are dead or alive bounties in the world so why not give lethals on warzone and allow a reward for murdering cartel members, it gives us civs the enjoyment of not being stuck in jail when we wanna fight and it still gives you vigis the bounty in a sense just not the arrest.

10 hours ago, SummeDummkopf said:

Honestly it makes way more sense for VIGILANTES to be in warzone than for the cops to be there. You also kind of answered your own question, the deadlier they are; the higher the bounty. Money can be a pretty big incentive, hell if you want to go all roleplayer, a cartel could have murdered your family and you have vowed to bring the cartels to justice. TBH hardly any vigis even go to warzone, the most they usually go is Therisa and even that is rare. They already moved Neo vigi to Athira, so they have to drive you all the way up there which is plenty of time for your boys to free you. Plus Athira vigi is usually getting camped by rebels.

It was put there for the ENTIRE player base to enjoy.

I disagree with the vigis being at cartels making more sense, police raids on the cartel would be way more frequent than some random vigilante getting ballsy and taking on a whole cartel, like I said to frankie I am not opposed to the idea of a dead or alive reward for vigis if we give them lethals on cartels, they can still get a smaller portion of the bounty just not the arrest. No it isn't super common to see vigis there but I don't think they should be there at all tbh. Not everyone has a group btw, I know plenty of solo cartel players and even if they can rescue you, there goes your cartel fight because of one vigi. It was kind of put there for the entire playerbase, it wasn't put there for cops necessarily and I don't believe it was put there for vigis to go and get arrests. I am cool with compromise, vigis can still go there and enjoy it but they ruin it for civs when they send them to jail so let's have a middle ground and give them a lethal bounty reward.

11 hours ago, Falco said:

I still believe that there are huge bounties in way more areas than cartels but regardless, I do think even if it gets shot down you guys should bring the idea up. Would be a fine addition to the cartel experience I believe.

11 hours ago, coopacarp said:

It's not necessarily restricting any area to civs, it's just making it so warzone can be used as well... A warzone. I think it would be a great idea to give the bounty to the vigi if they successfully kill the member on cartel island and give them a much smaller portion of the bounty than cops get because well... Not hard to camp warzone rebel and kill a 2 mil bounty naked lol, but there are dead or alive bounties in the world so why not give lethals on warzone and allow a reward for murdering cartel members, it gives us civs the enjoyment of not being stuck in jail when we wanna fight and it still gives you vigis the bounty in a sense just not the arrest.

I

apd will never give up rights to lethal people, and i dont blame them. killing someone, reciving there bounty and them being innocent should stay behind the whitlist of apd.

*they would never give it to anyone else*

14 hours ago, coopacarp said:

I still believe that there are huge bounties in way more areas than cartels but regardless, I do think even if it gets shot down you guys should bring the idea up. Would be a fine addition to the cartel experience I believe.

I'd take it up with @ WALT or @ Siltonious Milton II

I personally don't see the issue with taking live bounties within the warzone. Vigis take on highly geared rebel forces constantly outside of the region, there's no reason this would be different within from an RP point of view if that's your issue. A nice QOL feature would be to add a vigi outpost closer to the warzone/Therisa so bounties won't have to wait as long to be processed.

I get that people head down to the warzone for PvP and dislike seeing that getting interrupted, but vigis are so severely outgunned by a geared up rebel that you really shouldn't be losing to them very often. This is a situation in which I would ask warzone players to please seethe, and perhaps participate in some coping, maybe a bit of malding.

Edited by bingbonger6
9 hours ago, J_oseph__ said:

can just simply... bring it up at the next meeting

On 1/31/2022 at 2:40 PM, Falco said:

If I could make it to every meeting, I would. But its just not that simple. That's why I tagged them. 

• Clown 1
  • STFU 1