Should you be able to DPI jump without getting banned.

Should you be able to DPI jump.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to DPI jump, without getting banned.

• Yes, It's a skilled tactical advantage.
    • No, it's cheating.

DPI jumping is something done by everybody on the server, is done off cartel , on cartels, in conquest, in montages, everywhere you play DPI jumping has become part and parcel of the PvP environment in Olymus servers.

So my question goes as follows, should one be able to DPI jump to gain tactical advantage, or is DPI jumping cheating?

• Like 1
  • +1 1
8 minutes ago, fat female arma 3 player said:

Ive always been under the mindset that if you can dpi jump w/o killing yourself or legging yourself then it should be allowed.

I agree with this. You take the chance of either killing yourself (which could be argued combat avoidance -> which would lead to a ban) or possibly legging yourself. If you can avoid both, it should be perfectly legal. Nowadays, it seems DPI disputes are sent as a desperate attempt to blackmail the individual into comping or as a way to "get back" at the player who killed you.

Everyone who has played for long enough DPI's which includes admins/apd/etc. I mean, just go watch any oly montage and you will be sure to see it. Should just be allowed so long as you don't kill yourself by doing it in combat. 

• Downvote 1
  • Admin

It’s an unfair advantage to the player with a shitty old mouse that doesn’t know how to do it. If you are good enough at the game, you shouldn’t have to DPi jump. 🙂 

Can’t pretend to be good if you have to DPI yourself out of a situation. 

• Like 8
  • STFU 1
24 minutes ago, Elm said:

I agree with this. You take the chance of either killing yourself (which could be argued combat avoidance -> which would lead to a ban) or possibly legging yourself. If you can avoid both, it should be perfectly legal. Nowadays, it seems DPI disputes are sent as a desperate attempt to blackmail the individual into comping or as a way to "get back" at the player who killed you.

Everyone who has played for long enough DPI's which includes admins/apd/etc. I mean, just go watch any oly montage and you will be sure to see it. Should just be allowed so long as you don't kill yourself by doing it in combat. 

It seems like nowadays people who cant win a fight resort to exploiting in order to win a fight.  Stop being a shitter and it wouldn't be an issue.

7 minutes ago, toxicc said:

It seems like nowadays people who cant win a fight resort to exploiting in order to win a fight.  Stop being a shitter and it wouldn't be an issue.

image.png.c45ba7c92e41ef511e3d7ad7e1c00ab8.png 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Elm said:

image.png.c45ba7c92e41ef511e3d7ad7e1c00ab8.png 

is this supposed to mean something? it isnt an issue to me, you dont see me and my friends making posts whining about how exploiting a game mechanic should be allowed hours after i got banned for it. loooooool

• Clown 2
6 minutes ago, toxicc said:

This "you're bad at the game" argument falls on it's face when you get confronted with the fact that even the best players on the server do it.

Two, DPI jumping is a skilled action to perform, you jump too fast you die, you jump too slow you stay in place. It's high risk, high reward depending on the severity of your jump.

• Clown 1
Just now, toxicc said:

is this supposed to mean something? it isnt an issue to me, you dont see me and my friends making posts whining about how exploiting a game mechanic should be allowed hours after i got banned for it. loooooool

I just found it ironic that you are calling people "shitters" yet you cheated previously in a game.

• Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, Froooooooooosty said:

This "you're bad at the game" argument falls on it's face when you get confronted with the fact that even the best players on the server do it.

Two, DPI jumping is a skilled action to perform, you jump too fast you die, you jump too slow you stay in place. It's high risk, high reward depending on the severity of your jump.

if the "best players" in the game resort to exploiting are they really the best? Also, it being a skilled action doesnt mean a thing. One could make the same arguement about mass rdm, it doesnt change the fact that its not allowed and puts others at a disadvantage. 

12 minutes ago, Elm said:

I just found it ironic that you are calling people "shitters" yet you cheated previously in a game.

i only called you a shitter

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1

As @ Bubbaloo Burrito said, if you have to DPI jump out of anything, you definitely suck and shouldn't be calling yourself a good player in the slightest.

1 hour ago, fat female arma 3 player said:

Anyone who reports dpi jumping is malding / coping hardcore

"how dare someone dispute me breaking rules haha i aint giving comp" 🤡

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, xXElementClanXx said:

As @ Bubbaloo Burrito said, if you have to DPI jump out of anything, you definitely suck and shouldn't be calling yourself a good player in the slightest.

"how dare someone dispute me breaking rules haha i aint giving comp" 🤡

I don't think you are in a position to determine whether someone is good or bad as you only have 180 hours on Olympus w/ 40 of them being this week alone. This represents roughly 23% of your total Olympus playtime. 

• +1 1
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

It’s an unfair advantage to the player with a shitty old mouse that doesn’t know how to do it. If you are good enough at the game, you shouldn’t have to DPi jump. 🙂 

Can’t pretend to be good if you have to DPI yourself out of a situation. 

Well for starters, you can argue anything is a disadvantage, for example if my computer is better than yours, I'm I now exploiting the fact the components in my computer can run the game better than yours therefore putting you at a disadvantage?, also I'm pretty sure you can DPI jump with a steering wheel.

27 minutes ago, xXElementClanXx said:

I'm pretty conviced the people saying "if you dpi jump you're bad at the game"  are just tilted , coping or have no idea what they are talking about like @ fat female arma 3 player  said.

Perfect Example.

image.png.dc0c1b9b8dedb9a2fa916685354bf41f.png

Edited by Froooooooooosty
12 minutes ago, Elm said:

I don't think you are in a position to determine whether someone is good or bad as you only have 180 hours on Olympus w/ 40 of them being this week alone. This represents roughly 23% of your total Olympus playtime. 

So low hours equal bad player? Have you taken into account most of my arma hours are on KOTH? 

Such shit takes in here honestly 

8 minutes ago, Froooooooooosty said:

Well for starters, you can argue anything is a disadvantage, for example if my computer is better than yours, I'm I now exploiting the fact the components in my computer can run the game better than yours therefore putting you at a disadvantage?, also I'm pretty sure you can DPI jump with a steering wheel.

I'm pretty conviced the people saying "if you dpi jump you're bad at the game"  are just tilted , coping or have no idea what they are talking about like @ fat female arma 3 player  said.

Perfect Example.

image.png.dc0c1b9b8dedb9a2fa916685354bf41f.png

Oh no you got my stats I’m quaking in my boots guys. Sorry for not being @ Sweet Lou who pulls 80hr weeks for a fucking VIDEO GAME. Most are prob AFK hours but I digress 

Edited by xXElementClanXx
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 1

Bro, I can't believe people are saying it's a skilled thing. It takes no effort and people ABUSE the fuck out of it. You have to intentionally fling your mouse hard af to actually kill yourself or break your legs. It's not very easy unless you are on a really high DPI. DPI jumps gives you a massive advantage in most fights if used correctly. Jump over a wall with DPI, and you have the lag and desync advantage 90% of the time. If anything I think they just need to make your gun go into an animation every time you jump (the animation where you pull it off your back). Takes like .5 seconds, but evens the playing field due to the lag and desync we experience on a daily basis.

THIS IS A BUG. It was not intended, but people adapted so it never went. Make it ok to DPI jump, but add an animation to jumps. Everything is solved

Edited by Albo
12 minutes ago, xXElementClanXx said:

So low hours equal bad player? Have you taken into account most of my arma hours are on KOTH? 

Such shit takes in here honestly 

Oh no you got my stats I’m quaking in my boots guys. Sorry for not being @ Sweet Lou who pulls 80hr weeks for a fucking VIDEO GAME. Most are prob AFK hours but I digress 

keep my name in yo mouf shitta

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Albo said:

Bro, I can't believe people are saying it's a skilled thing. It takes no effort and people ABUSE the fuck out of it. You have to intentionally fling your mouse hard af to actually kill yourself or break your legs. It's not very easy unless you are on a really high DPI. DPI jumps gives you a massive advantage in most fights if used correctly. Jump over a wall with DPI, and you have the lag and desync advantage 90% of the time. If anything I think they just need to make your gun go to your gun go into an animation every time you jump (the animation where you pull it off your back). Takes like .5 seconds, but evens the playing field due to the lag and desync we experience on a daily basis.

THIS IS A BUG. It was not intended, but people adapted so it never went. Make it ok to DPI jump, but add an animation to jumps. Everything is solved

Yeah no, I maintain my belief.

image.png.96c7178e06fc020ba1f2578f83bf182b.png

• Clown 1

You heard it here first folks if you don't have at least 1k hours on this server and run in a zerg at all times you simply can't have an opinion on a feature people exploit because they simply cant be lowering their kd on a PVP server with extra steps.

• Haha 1