Should you be able to DPI jump without getting banned.

Should you be able to DPI jump.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to DPI jump, without getting banned.

• Yes, It's a skilled tactical advantage.
    • No, it's cheating.

• Admin
38 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

You are easily one of my favorite staff members.... Don't take this as an attack... It's just a fact.  You once banned me for dpi jumping for jumping over a wall with absolutely 0 spinning.

Yup. I remember. I was a dumbass 🙂 

3 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Doesn’t matter if I know or if I don’t know how to do it. I know how to identify it 🙂 

Remember though, you guys can DPI all you want as long as it doesn’t change the outcome of a situation. If you are just messing around and not in an active firefight then it’s no worries. 

Well, don't take this the wrong way, but If you are in an administrative position where your decision impacts a players ability to play on the server then maybe you should know what you're talking about. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Yup. I remember. I was a dumbass 🙂 

This shit is exactly why it's impossible to hate you.  

@ Bubbaloo Burrito for community manager.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Dragonnoid said:

Changing FOV, ifrits, quick-peaking are all things that are apart of the game. Peaking through rocks I'm not really sure which ones you're referring to exactly? I'd have to know wym. 

Jumping alone isn't allowed in Arma by default to the best of my knowledge. DPI jumping is def not in default Arma it's taking advantage of the jump mechanic added into Olympus. 

TLDR: You're comparing things that are apart of the game to a bug.

To be fair changing your FOV isin't technically part of the game, if you go into the game settings there is no option for you to change FOV  you have to manually go into in game files to change it.

Addressing the comparison between game bugs and things that are "part of the game", things that are part of the game can also be a bug, for example quick peaking is in some instances abused to where you can't see the player quick peaking you because they peek too fast, is that a skill or is that cheating?  It seems to me that there are multiple things in the game that are abused, but we only care about a few of them. Another example like looking through rocks and looking through walls, everyone knows people are looking through rocks and walls but no one really cares or reports it unless you see somebody actively "backpacking", and even then everybody does it.

Also jumping into an infrit will cancel the animation of you getting into the infrit, jumping over an infrit can bug the game to where your character will be shielded by the infrit as you're jumping through the infrit making you invinsible for a second.

My point is that if we are going to ignore many bugs that are abused and that you don't get banned for, why don't we allow DPI jumping with rules preventing it from being abused.

I for one think DPI jumping should be allowed, in the real world I can jump over a KM just by rotating my neck and jumping. So realism isn't an excuse for banning here

• BlessUp 1
  • +1 1

It is unintentional and therefore I don't think it should be exploited. Being a bannable offense is not necessarily a bad thing, but I do understand that the 'calculated risk' of DPI jumping could be argued. Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I've only ever spangled myself and died the one time I tried it..