Olympus Entertainment | Giveaway + 4th of July Sale | PRICE MATCH UPDATED! ×

The most retarded call staff have ever made on this server pt 2

1 hour ago, -Shawn- said:

If you are caught putting explosive charges on/near a shed, a gang member of that shed can KOS the same way as if they caught you lock picking their own vehicle. 

So planting bombs and lockpicking is a hostile action but holding a gang mate in custody with the intent to send them to jail isn't? Man I love Olympus staff.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, johnny goose said:

Crying over something that affects less than 5% of the playerbase is unreal

Changing the rule to needlessly fuck over 5% of the player base by career medics cops and inactives that have no clue what they're talking about is unreal.  Nobody is crying.  There would be just as much blowback from some ppl if a career medic that never played conquest decided to ban infrits from conquest.

1 hour ago, -Shawn- said:

The rules in regards to these will be worked on to accurately reflect the standard that’s held by staff. I told Sov that was coming as well. Also this all comes from an admin told sov it was against the rules before (I believe the example she used was a few years ago idr). But I had been telling people that asked that it was def hostile action because it shouldn’t just be a freebie to cost people money to fix their sheds without their being risk. It’s unfortunate that there were different standards being held there and as always.. always working to get everyone on the same damn page about things like this. 

TECHNICALLY there’s a line in the server rules that make blowing up sheds RDM….. but we don’t enforce that cus blow that shit up (with explosive not planes 😄 ). So that needs to be accurately represented as well. Update will come in 12 units of time. 

For the time being if anyone needs to fully understand the standard;

- Blowing up sheds is allowed as long as it’s done through legal means and not exploiting/VDM (I.E. should only be being blown up by explosives)

- If you are caught putting explosive charges on/near a shed, a gang member of that shed can KOS the same way as if they caught you lock picking their own vehicle. 

I’ve contributed my part to this thread. Goodnight! ^__^

It's not a freebie.  You're smoking crack Shawn.  It's free to fix a shed. You just wait till restart.  

So if I'm blowing up a house anyone in the radius even not on the house I'm bombing can rdm me because it could potentially damage theirs.  That's fucking stupid and this is..and I mean this.. the most retarded take I've ever heard from any staff member on this server ever.

If you are really egoing a rule this hard with arguments this bad...you have no business being staff.  They can always engage.  Why are we acting like they're not allowed to engage.

The only person who this costs money for is the person spending money on bombs and then having to rekit because you're out here giving people permission to rdm without discussing it with staff first.

You should not be staff Shawn.  If you are pushing this hard when you don't even understand the mechanics of gang sheds you should not be staff. It costs them nothing.

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
  • STFU 1
  • tinhead 1
  • Admin
5 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

if you are really egoing a rule this hard with arguments this bad...you have no business being staff

welp guess more than half the staff have to step down cuz sov disagrees rip

10 minutes ago, silton said:

So planting bombs and lockpicking is a hostile action but holding a gang mate in custody with the intent to send them to jail isn't? Man I love Olympus staff.

tbf i never disagreed with the logic

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
1 minute ago, -Shawn- said:

welp guess more than half the staff have to step down cuz sov disagrees rip

tbf i never disagreed with the logic

So you think blowing up a building as a tactical move to force the enemy to redirect should lock you into nlr and cost you a kit on top of costing you the bomb even though is costs the building owner nothing.  Explain this to me please.

• Downvote 1

@ Community Director Sov  I just want to clarify something, you are getting mad at staff members for modifying things on civ faction when "they dont play that faction at all" yet civ council can moderate the apd and rnr ideas that are proposed.  This has nothing to do with whether they play as civ, what it comes down to is getting the admins all on the same page for situations such as this. I think its a step in the right direction

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

rdm without discussing it with staff first

All staff that have spoken about this (besides maybe 1?) agreed with the stance. And it was discussed amongst all staff before I closed your ticket. Youre talking out of your ass.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, silton said:

I agree, if you have someone from gang (A) in restraints it should keep engagement active until either tpk or situation is completely over

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m all for it but fucking christ maybe flesh out the rulebook/wiki properly if you’re going to apply that interpretation for players 🙂 

It was 100% fleshed out.  Shawn just doesn't understand the server rules and makes them up as he goes and they have to hold staff votes by people agreeing with people mindlessly about shit they don't understand for a promotion.   Debate this on stream and I will destroy any staff member in an honest debate that isn't being heavily moderated and silenced where someone can't dodge questions.

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
  • STFU 1
  • Admin
1 hour ago, Community Director Sov said:

So you think blowing up a building as a tactical move to force the enemy to redirect should lock you into nlr and cost you a kit on top of costing you the bomb even though is costs the building owner nothing

"costs them nothing" if they dont get access to the shed they paid for, for the entire restart if someone were to do it at server start (which happens often). The pettiest will never let a shed be standing as long as they are online. Its a net-negative to not have access to your shed. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, knifemaster said:

I agree, if you have someone from gang (A) in restraints it should keep engagement active until either tpk or situation is completely over

I said this same shit too.  Yet another rule change made by a couple staff with no input from the community that 100% was there to benefit one faction.  It's apd ban bait.

• Downvote 1
  • Admin
Just now, Community Director Sov said:

Shawn just doesn't understand the server rules and makes them up as he goes and they have to hold staff votes by people agreeing with people mindlessly about shit they don't understand for a promotion.

IM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THE POLL LMAO. I also was not the one who started the discussion. I was only the one who closed the ticket once every staff member who spoke on it said it was hostile action. And who tf is getting a promotion? Sov.... youre reaching so insanely hard. Nobody is getting a promotion or any closer for their opinions. Staff fight like cats and dogs regularly over our opinions. Ive never seen you be more dense and wrong ever,

"costs them nothing" if they dont get access to the shed they paid for, for the entire restart if someone were to do it at server start (which happens often). The pettiest will never let a shed be standing as long as they are online. Its a net-positive to not have access to your shed. 

They pay 150k a month in taxes.  They're fine.  You're making it impossible to blow up sheds and you don't understand because you don't play the game in any real capacity.  

Just now, -Shawn- said:

IM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THE POLL LMAO. I also was not the one who started the discussion. I was only the one who closed the ticket once every staff member who spoke on it said it was hostile action. And who tf is getting a promotion? Sov.... youre reaching so insanely hard. Nobody is getting a promotion or any closer for their opinions. Staff fight like cats and dogs regularly over our opinions. Ive never seen you be more dense and wrong ever,

I'm not reaching for shit.  It's politics.  If a couple Admins say their opinion and hold a vote....ofc 90% of their underlings are going to agree.

• Admin

They pay 150k a month in taxes.  They're fine.  You're making it impossible to blow up sheds and you don't understand because you don't play the game in any real capacity.  

Nobody is watching their gangsheds 24/7. Just dont get caught. 

5 minutes ago, knifemaster said:

@ Community Director Sov  I just want to clarify something, you are getting mad at staff members for modifying things on civ faction when "they dont play that faction at all" yet civ council can moderate the apd and rnr ideas that are proposed.  This has nothing to do with whether they play as civ, what it comes down to is getting the admins all on the same page for situations such as this. I think its a step in the right direction

This should have went thru cc if they wanted to make such a major change to the rules.  Not backroom discussions where the actual playerbase themselves get no input.

The day career medics start launching votes to ruin conquest you'll understand.

Nobody is watching their gangsheds 24/7. Just dont get caught. 

SEE???   YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT.  AOS DOES 24/7

You're forming your opinions from no experience and absolute guesswork 

Y'all should do this shit the right way instead of fucking over people who follow the rules as staff have explained them .

This whole thing is only an issue because Shawn told a bunch of people some bull shit that he knew nothing about...and instead of him having to admit he was wrong y'all changed the rule so he was right.  Put it to cc...stop changing things you don't understand.

• Downvote 1
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Shawn told a bunch of people some bull shit that he knew nothing about

Again you sound braindead. This was the ONLY thing i said on the matter:

d21c9b6103d9bbb93aa2f5f1523ab2a4.png

Which was in response to a poll SOMEONE else made on a topic SOMEONE ELSE brought up. You can try to scapegoat me all you want, but all i did was cast my one opinion which was shared by everyone else who participated. I did not influence anyone with any random facts .

Again you sound braindead. This was the ONLY thing i said on the matter:

d21c9b6103d9bbb93aa2f5f1523ab2a4.png

Which was in response to a poll SOMEONE else made on a topic SOMEONE ELSE brought up. You can try to scapegoat me all you want, but all i did was cast my one opinion which was shared by everyone else who participated. I did not influence anyone with any random facts .

I know who started the vote.  I'm not stupid.  And any vote that's 100% is broken 

....obviously fucking broken.  It's like when a dictator gets 100% of the vote.  There's flaws and it wasn't conducted fairly or in good faith. 

• Haha 1
  • Admin

I know who started the vote.  I'm not stupid.  And any vote that's 100% is broken 

....obviously fucking broken.  It's like when a dictator gets 100% of the vote.  There's flaws and it wasn't conducted fairly or in good faith. 

As spoken from someone who’s never been in a staff meeting and doesn’t hear how nobody on staff give a fuck about who’s opinion is made and argue their own. (To say there hasn’t been some sheep along the way would be a lie, but for the most part everyone in staff will literally pitchfork each other if we disagree)

Ive said my part though. Hell, I’ve said more than I planned. Just tried to correct the made up conspiracy theory crap, but alas, back to anime for meeee. 200.gif?cid=c4368c6a6ob36sx37ngq5unx608b

• Like 1
  • Senior Web Developer
2 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

This is what happens when we let the sub human @Senior Web Developer have an opinion.

@ Snake merged your post since this one was locked by mistake.

I appreciate the effort to keep the conversation flowing ❤️

want to point out that i didnt lock the post.

3 minutes ago, stayclaxxy said:

want to point out that i didnt lock the post.

Nicole did.  She did it for proud cause he got his feelings hurt.

53 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

There would be just as much blowback from some ppl if a career medic that never played conquest decided to ban infrits from conquest.

removing ifrits from conquest would do wonders sov keep it coming im almost finished

• Haha 1
  • TriHard 1
2 minutes ago, johnny goose said:

removing ifrits from conquest would do wonders sov keep it coming im almost finished

Honestly..

3 hours ago, -Shawn- said:

The rules in regards to these will be worked on to accurately reflect the standard that’s held by staff. I told Sov that was coming as well. Also this all comes from an admin told sov it was against the rules before (I believe the example she used was a few years ago idr). But I had been telling people that asked that it was def hostile action because it shouldn’t just be a freebie to cost people money to fix their sheds without their being risk. It’s unfortunate that there were different standards being held there and as always.. always working to get everyone on the same damn page about things like this. 

TECHNICALLY there’s a line in the server rules that make blowing up sheds RDM….. but we don’t enforce that cus blow that shit up (with explosive not planes 😄 ). So that needs to be accurately represented as well. Update will come in 12 units of time. 

For the time being if anyone needs to fully understand the standard;

- Blowing up sheds is allowed as long as it’s done through legal means and not exploiting/VDM (I.E. should only be being blown up by explosives)

- If you are caught putting explosive charges on/near a shed, a gang member of that shed can KOS the same way as if they caught you lock picking their own vehicle. 

I’ve contributed my part to this thread. Goodnight! ^__^

Shawn has laid down the law i shall shoot then

2 hours ago, Skys said:

dont  @ Weaz  he don't give a fuck

Literally @ed every staff member who is somewhat arguably actually a staff member in some capacity.

• Like 1