Everyone look. Quick fix for the recent lag lately

I know several of you (mostly  cops) have been having lag issues and random screen glitching and freezing every couple of seconds. All started since the last update. well it was passed onto me on a way to fix it and bring back your frames and make the game run nice and smooth again. Ive been running it for a few days and i am beyond happy on how well my game runs again. Back to 60 FPS :-)

so here it is. 

Step 1) go to steam library

Step 2) right click on arma 3 and go to properties

Step 3) Click on Set Launch Options. 

Step 4) copy and paste this. exactly as it is written to the launch options:

-nosplash -nologs

after you do that. click ok and launch arma. give it a few minutes once you are in the server to get past the first time join lag. once it smooths out you should be good. if you have had massive frame drops like i have the last 2 weeks. you should notice a huge difference. I hope it works for you guys like it did for me. 

Edited by Gidgit

To be honest. I don't understand half of that stuff. All I know is before the update I was buttery smooth running 60 fps. After the update I wouldn't see more than 40 frames and got horrible spikes every 10 seconds dropping me down to 12 frames. And any engagement I was around 12 frames. I absolutely hated doing feds. I was at 5 to 6 frames during a fed. After I was told this and did it. I'm back to running a nice smooth 60 frames on ultra settings. No more lag spikes. No more frame drops

this all depends on what spec your using and what background apps you have running :)

this is my launch options ( -skipIntro -world=empty -noPause -nosplash -cpuCount=8 -high -noLogs -malloc=tbbmalloc )

the malloc is a very good thing for some people that have good gfx cards as this removes pressure from your CPU and puts it towards you GFX card :)

NOTE: you will need to download the dll file regarding this malloc but is very easy to find i will try and link if im allowed to on this forum? as i know some forums dont like ppl linking things lol

this alone gained me 10-15 frames but i know this wont work for everyone just depends on spec and setups.

Edited by Wizardary

Brody yes it worked beautifully for me. I am running nice and smooth again. I highly recommend it. And wizardary. Yes you should be able to link it on here. I do have a nice card that doesn't completely get utilized. I'd love to use it note. Toss that link up I'm interested in seeing it

Heres a direct link for it - https://github.com/fred41/tbbmalloc_arma/archive/master.zip

Heres the original topic i found it from - https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/14/558752451154900119/

hope it helps :)

oh it i read it wrong haha it uses more RAM instead of so much cpu lol something about large page usage!!

Edited by Wizardary
  • Admin

I know several of you (mostly  cops) have been having lag issues and random screen glitching and freezing every couple of seconds. All started since the last update. well it was passed onto me on a way to fix it and bring back your frames and make the game run nice and smooth again. Ive been running it for a few days and i am beyond happy on how well my game runs again. Back to 60 FPS :-)

so here it is. 

Step 1) go to steam library

Step 2) right click on arma 3 and go to properties

Step 3) Click on Set Launch Options. 

Step 4) copy and paste this. exactly as it is written to the launch options:

-nosplash -nologs

after you do that. click ok and launch arma. give it a few minutes once you are in the server to get past the first time join lag. once it smooths out you should be good. if you have had massive frame drops like i have the last 2 weeks. you should notice a huge difference. I hope it works for you guys like it did for me. 

I'm gonna try it when I get home but from a technical point of view.  How does this affect game play? I always thought of these launch options more of a placebo effect than anything.  It's not that I don't believe you señor Gidgit but I'm rather curious.  Maybe someone nerdier than me can explain?