Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

3rd Wave Lethals

Does anyone else think lethals should go by the individual, instead of maybe killing a cop multiple times, and then just getting lethaled by another cop. Ya know what I mean?

Just want your opinions, gets confusing sometimes when your not aware a cop has lethals loaded, especially when you engage him for the first time with no message saying "lethals are loaded"

Just starting this cause I'm a bit salty atm lol

Welp, to be honest, APD is outnumbered/outgunned in almost every situation that the lethaling would be required. For instance, how could the APD win an engagement against 15 some odd rebels when there is only 8 or so apd members? That being said, PO's have been given a upgrade on armor and weaponry, and LTs having a strider along with SGTs having the Ghosthawk have definetly helped even the playfield. However, big guns and tactics only work so well against rebels. Sometimes you just have to kill someone to make them get the message. As a rebel, you should worry about dying and losing your gear. The APD needs to be feared again, and lethaling is a tool that they can utilize to put that fear into criminals.

Plus, just go do legal things shitlord. :D

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

Welp, to be honest, APD is outnumbered/outgunned in almost every situation that the lethaling would be required. For instance, how could the APD win an engagement against 15 some odd rebels when there is only 8 or so apd members? That being said, PO's have been given a upgrade on armor and weaponry, and LTs having a strider along with SGTs having the Ghosthawk have definetly helped even the playfield. However, big guns and tactics only work so well against rebels. Sometimes you just have to kill someone to make them get the message. As a rebel, you should worry about dying and losing your gear. The APD needs to be feared again, and lethaling is a tool that they can utilize to put that fear into criminals.

I understand that but we were outnumbered by the APD lol and a cop just shows up and has lethals loaded and no "rebels" had any clue especially since we were fighting the APD that didn't have lethals

34 minutes ago, FaceTooPastey said:

I understand that but we were outnumbered by the APD lol and a cop just shows up and has lethals loaded and no "rebels" had any clue especially since we were fighting the APD that didn't have lethals

Please clarify the situation, where it happened, what rank cops were involved and on what wave they entered.

It was just a Kavala Scat where the deputy wanted to play hero and we killed him about five times, and then a few more po's joined in the fight, and then a corporal joined in. We were then outnumbered by the APD, we then killed every cop except the corp, and so he spoke in-game and said he was loading lethals as he was outnumbered, I agree with that, he then was killed, and next wave came and so I engaged all the cops via text and began shooting a cop on the rocks behind rescued and then noticed one on rescue and took a shot at him right before I was lethaled. Now I'm just arguing that in certain situations I suppose, us civs should be notified if lethals are being loaded, this said cop also just showed up.

Just my opinion :/

Lethals always are authorized 3rd wave. This is because if cops failed to resolve the situation during 2nd wave, non lethals clearly are lacking in the effectiveness needed for the situation. I understand you like to be notified about lethals, I see where you're coming from.

Instead you're just going to have to be careful about engaging cops for that long and taking out two waves. Cops already let you know where they are with their lights and sirens, eventually you just have to suffer a harsher consequence if you keep killing cops.

Don't worry too much about what Peter's saying, he's a cop sympathizer. I wouldn't say cops are outnumbered all the time, seems like feds these days its the other way around. But the majority of situations the cops aren't on a level playing field, the lax NLR that affects them is what compensates this. Sometimes there are fights where cops just don't many any headway, and that's why the lethal option exists. If we just killed everybody we shot at, then we'd need to abide by NLR like anybody else. But its implied that if you can defeat a wave or two you at least get some time to get the hell out of dodge. Once that third wave comes though, the cops mean business. 

9 minutes ago, McDili said:

Lethals always are authorized 3rd wave. This is because if cops failed to resolve the situation during 2nd wave, non lethals clearly are lacking in the effectiveness needed for the situation. I understand you like to be notified about lethals, I see where you're coming from.

Instead you're just going to have to be careful about engaging cops for that long and taking out two waves. Cops already let you know where they are with their lights and sirens, eventually you just have to suffer a harsher consequence if you keep killing cops.

Don't worry too much about what Peter's saying, he's a cop sympathizer. I wouldn't say cops are outnumbered all the time, seems like feds these days its the other way around. But the majority of situations the cops aren't on a level playing field, the lax NLR that affects them is what compensates this. Sometimes there are fights where cops just don't many any headway, and that's why the lethal option exists. If we just killed everybody we shot at, then we'd need to abide by NLR like anybody else. But its implied that if you can defeat a wave or two you at least get some time to get the hell out of dodge. Once that third wave comes though, the cops mean business. 

Give us our MK-1 and we will be happy :D

6 hours ago, Peter Long said:

And what if there's 8 rebels and 14 cops....

• Admin
10 hours ago, FaceTooPastey said:

It was just a Kavala Scat where the deputy wanted to play hero and we killed him about five times, and then a few more po's joined in the fight, and then a corporal joined in. We were then outnumbered by the APD, we then killed every cop except the corp, and so he spoke in-game and said he was loading lethals as he was outnumbered, I agree with that, he then was killed, and next wave came and so I engaged all the cops via text and began shooting a cop on the rocks behind rescued and then noticed one on rescue and took a shot at him right before I was lethaled. Now I'm just arguing that in certain situations I suppose, us civs should be notified if lethals are being loaded, this said cop also just showed up.

Just my opinion :/

To be honest.  I was on second wave myself and I screamed "lethals loaded" (I was still on tazers) to scare you off a little bit.  I had only seen one of you guys in front of me at the moment, even though there were many of you all around me.  On third wave I did come with lethals.  Actually I'm very forgiving when it comes to loading them lethals.  It was a fun fight nonetheless.  You did come in late to the party though, just to get lethaled. :) 

• Like 1

This has been taken into consideration and will be a new rule in the next update

Please note that the exits of the forum is at the top right corner. Please read the safety manual and know that your ass is a flotation device