Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

My resignation post.

Goodbye Olympus, I have quit the apd and will be leaving completely. I joined this server thinking the staff was amazing (I only dealt with bobey and hershmek and hades) Lately I have been told multiple things by different higher ups such as admins who completely contradict each other to the point of almost complete bullshit. I watched two amazing staff members get demoted for so much as voicing their opinion. The staff on this server truly needs some reconstructing, bobey,hershmek and hades are the only people I see actually dealing with moderating players. The rest of the staff I see continuously changes systems or rules behind each others backs which just confuses and infuriates the players. And until then i'll find another server to RP on. John Ryder signing off.

-- John Ryder

I'd like to say that you're restricted to other staff members due to the time-zone difference, but meh. You decide what you want to do and if this leads you to leave and join another server I wish you the best of luck with that pursuit.

Good cop, always there when I needed you to be. Good luck in the future with the new server you find.

-Jeeroy

There is alot that goes on behind the scenes that players don't see. Yes we lost 2 staff members but for reason. I won't go into detail as that is not right but I will say there was reasons for it and it was explained to them. As for the other staff changing things, not sure where ya get that idea from. We all try to work together so we stay on the same page. As I've always said if you have an issue with a staff member let us know so we can try to figure out what is going on and fix it.

On that note I am sorry you feel the need to leave. We will be here when you come back. Have fun and enjoy your time off.

There is alot that goes on behind the scenes that players don't see. Yes we lost 2 staff members but for reason. I won't go into detail as that is not right but I will say there was reasons for it and it was explained to them. As for the other staff changing things, not sure where ya get that idea from. We all try to work together so we stay on the same page. As I've always said if you have an issue with a staff member let us know so we can try to figure out what is going on and fix it.

On that note I am sorry you feel the need to leave. We will be here when you come back. Have fun and enjoy your time off.

I have decided to stay but not reapply for apd. I'll play civ and not have to deal with staff because i'll just be following rules.

... i'll just be following rules.

Except... when calling terror?  Please take the time to read the rules regarding calling terror as you were clearly not following them yesterday...

For future reference, Server rule #14 is how you should proceed in the future:

14. Declaring Terror on Areas 

1. When calling a terror in a city or in an area. You or your group must follow these guidelines.
  2. You or one of the members of your group must text the cops & civ side chat the names of the players that are involved in the terror and the location.
  3. After texting both the cops and in civ side chat, you must wait 5 minutes before firing any shots in the corresponding cities or areas.
  4. You must type out the same text you have sent the cops in side chat every 60 to 90 seconds while terror is engaged.
  5. When you have died in the terror, you are not allowed to return with weapons.
  6. Players that are not from the original terror group, and murder other players without RP, will be categorized as RDM and will be dealt with the appropriate administrative action.
  7. All other server rules still apply such as combat logging, VDM, ect.
  8. And as always, if you are following these guidelines, you may kill anyone you see without RP.
  9. Terror can only last for 30 minutes from the time it starts.
  10. There must be at least 30 minutes between terror calls. Once one terror event has ended the 30 minute timer starts.
  11. Failing to follow these terror guidelines may result in administrative action as it is RDM.