Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Looking to buy a new monitor.

• Admin

So. I have my eyes set on this one. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236302

The Asus one is 

ASUS VS278Q-P Black 27" 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers

I already have a 1080p - 2ms - HDMI which is great but I was looking to upgrade just for the bigger size and display port option on this one. I run games at 1080P since I only have one 980 GTX so upgrading to a 144P monitor wouldn't really be feasible. I could also spend about $200 more and get a 144HZ monitor but again, with just one 980GTX I don't know if it's even worth it. Thoughts?  

1 hour ago, Bubbaloo said:

The Asus one is 

ASUS VS278Q-P Black 27" 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers

I already have a 1080p - 2ms - HDMI which is great but I was looking to upgrade just for the bigger size and display port option on this one. I run games at 1080P since I only have one 980 GTX so upgrading to a 144P monitor wouldn't really be feasible. I could also spend about $200 more and get a 144HZ monitor but again, with just one 980GTX I don't know if it's even worth it. Thoughts?  

I run 1440P on a 780GTX. Runs most games fine. Fallout 4 max, Arma struggles, but I think that's my 3570k holding it back.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Fedot said:

No Im talking about the one is my post. Ill sell each of them for 400$ :Kappa: 

L4XmMsf.png

The yellowish looking one. 

A lot of people actually over look this because of the price but having an ultra wide monitor is something I have never had before. It just seems like you are always watching a movie and it is super nice to have next to a 1920x1080 monitor. It does hurt frames a little bit but in my eyes, it was worth it. Get a 34" used one for like $350 on ebay and you'll love it guaranteed.

• Admin
1 minute ago, yoitsdanny1 said:

I'd definently take the extra step for the 144Hz monitor, let me tell you, it's so worth the money. It's the best money I've spent on any of my pc parts. It's a very noticible  difference. 

Hmm. The issue is that what difference would that do in Arma if we can't even get FPS higher than 30 in the cities? If I'm not mistaken your FPS would actually need to run up to 144FPS in order to take advantage of the smoothness of 144hz. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'll need a TRI-SLI with a TRI-4790K processor setup to be able to reach that in Arma. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbaloo said:

Hmm. The issue is that what difference would that do in Arma if we can't even get FPS higher than 30 in the cities? If I'm not mistaken your FPS would actually need to run up to 144FPS in order to take advantage of the smoothness of 144hz. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'll need a TRI-SLI with a TRI-4790K processor setup to be able to reach that in Arma. 

That is completely true. However everything you do seems to be alot smoother wether it's desktop work or another game. If you only intend on playing arma I guess it's fine to go with 60Hz. For me 144Hz has saved me alot of eye strain as well, but maybe that's just me. 

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-inch-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00B2HH7G0

This is the one I have and it's definently a fair price for the type of monitor, I could highly recommend it.

• Admin

K. Thanks guys. I was already going for an ASUS but just because of the 27 inch. Now to find those specs on a 27 inch version without breaking the bank. 

• Admin
24 minutes ago, SystemChips said:

144hz was definitely one of the best investments I made. Even if you do mostly play arma its still great.

This is the one I have for $200 right now
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642

15 minutes ago, DontLookAway said:

Thanks. Guess I'll switch to that. My current one is 24 inch though but at 60z. I'll have to look at those specs but on a 27 inch. Here we go!... 

5 hours ago, Bubbaloo said:

The Asus one is 

If you're going to play arma 3 only 144hz can improve sight-seeing in a way. 60 hz is perfectly fine for arma.

Bubbaloo plz do not get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236302. I had one just like it and it wasn't what I expected, the monitor stand was crap and it made the monitor very wobbly if your desk moved and it got really annoying, plus the overall quality of it was pretty bad. I would extremely recommend a Asus VG248QE this is the monitor I use and I love it, it's 144hz that can be overclocked if you want (would not recommend doing that btw) the stand is very stable and firm, the monitor can turn if you want it to, I personally don't like so I just put ductape on the rotating plate, the height can be adjusted, and the monitor rotates aswell. I also find the monitor very crisp, very responsive, and extremely clear when on 144hz, and plus it's pretty cheap. Would highly recommend it

• Like 1