What would you buy..?

So, as you may heard, my GPU told me to fuckoff, im not gonna serve you anymore.

Now I'm in a problem, coz I have to buy a new one, and I'm fully retard to this.

Few of you told me I have to buy a 970, coz its omgawesomebestdeal and so on. My previous GPU was an Asus Geforce GTX 560 Ti.

For the full picture, here's my PC Spec:

- Samsung HD520IJ ATA Device ( yes, not SSD )

- 8 GB Ram ( yes, only )

- Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz

And an LC6600 v2.2 power ( http://www.lc-power.com/en/product/netzteile/super-silent/lc6600-v22/ )

So, do you guys still think that my PC could fully use the power of a 970, or with these specs, a 960 would be enough ( mostly for Arma ). 

Shall I buy a 2gb version, or go for the 4 gb?

I updated my PC last year ( except the GPU, I planned to replace it somewhen this year ), so I don't want to spend more $ on other parts.

Thank you in advance.

Love you all

Peta

If you can hold out a few weeks and get yourself a 1070 (or 1080 if you can afford it) it'll be very worth it.  These 2 new cards coming out are faster than the current top of the line for like half the price - in terms of performance/price the 1070/1080 are the biggest jump in value we've seen in many years.  Personally, I'm planning on swapping out my GTX 770 for a 1070 ASAP.

• Admin
1 minute ago, pHunter said:

Is my PC able to handle the 970, or 1070? Not too bad for these cards?

I don't think it should be an issue. Is there a possibility of bottle-necking @Poseidon

2 minutes ago, Ozzy Jones said:

If power supply is your concern, you should be fine if you could previously run a 560 Ti - these new cards aren't giant power sucks like the Titan X etc.   

I mean... the rest of the parts are good enough to serve the GPU? Or they just gonna hold it back from its performance.

16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Get an EVGA 970 and when the 1070/1080 become available use the step up program they offer to upgrade to the newest stuff quickly: http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

yes, and according to EVGA's website, the 1080 will be around $700.. too much for the budget. :(

6 minutes ago, pHunter said:

I mean... the rest of the parts are good enough to serve the GPU? Or they just gonna hold it back from its performance.

yes, and according to EVGA's website, the 1080 will be around $700.. too much for the budget. :(

Get the 970, and then when 1070 comes out you can upgrade to the 1070 for like 50-80$

As for bottle necking you should be fine.

Just now, pHunter said:

I'd make moving to an SSD your #2 priority, but I think you'll still see a big performance boost from a GPU upgrade.  Then a little later down the line you could upgrade the cpu/mobo/RAM but keep the GPU and SSD.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy Jones said:

I'd make moving to an SSD your #2 priority, but I think you'll still see a big performance boost from a GPU upgrade.  Then a little later down the line you could upgrade the cpu/mobo/RAM but keep the GPU and SSD.

What kind of SSD could u suggest? :) What are the main thing I have to look if I want to upgrade to an SSD. It's working like, I pull out my HDD, replace with SSD, that's all ?

• Admin
1 minute ago, pHunter said:

What kind of SSD could u suggest? :) What are the main thing I have to look if I want to upgrade to an SSD. It's working like, I pull out my HDD, replace with SSD, that's all ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372&cm_re=samsung_850_evo-_-20-147-372-_-Product 

Samsung 850 EVO. Only $89 at the moment. That's my baby. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Can u use an SSD to run programs, and a HDD next to it to store pics, movies etc ? im soo dumb ...

• Admin
2 minutes ago, pHunter said:

Can u use an SSD to run programs, and a HDD next to it to store pics, movies etc ? im soo dumb ...

Yes you can. I have one SSD 250gb for storing windows, a SSD 500gb to install my steam games and a 1TB HDD to store everything else. I even install old/crappy games on my regular HDD to conserve SSD space. 

• Admin
Just now, pHunter said:

As far as I see through the shops in my shitplace, I realized that the price of a 960+ an SSD = 970..... hm hm hm hm hm   

idk shrug shrugging i dont know house

Then take care of the video card first. Of if you can pony up the dough a little more get the 1070, it will make a huge difference and you are future proofed for longer. 

• Like 1

This might help you a little. Right now my current set up is a I7 3770k paired with a asus gtx 770 direct cu 2 gpu with 8 gigs of ram. this set up would be similar to the set up you will be running with the 970. but a little newer. But the difference between processor to video card would be roughly the same. my gpu came factory oc. for my set up i had to completely declock my video card to get it to work properly with my cpu. with the factory settings i had major issues with artifacting while in game. although it does not really affect performance it is highly annoying to look at. So that is something to keep in mind. your cpu is a little older now i believe and the 970 is still a pretty good card. I believe if  you have any issues at all this would be the only one. But it is a simple fix if you know how to oc/dc. if not im sure myself or anyone in here can help you. if it turns out that you have no issues and it works perfectly. You will absolutely love the gpu and the possibilities it will give you. My vote would be to go for it. any little bugs can be worked out when the time comes if need be.

a nice ssd will also make a world of difference also

23 minutes ago, pHunter said:

so, you say:

SSD+960  < 970 < 1070 ( no $ )

i can almost promise you if you put a 1070 on your current set up, that you will never get the full potential of the card. you in a sense would be wasting money. for what you have right now a 970 would do you wonders. hell even a 770 would work out pretty amazing for you. i would shoot down the 1070 only based on the current set up you are running at the moment. 

Do a 970 with a nice SSD. a nice samsung evo 840 500g would work perfectly fine. get both of those. and you will have a fantastic setup

26 minutes ago, Gidgit said:

This might help you a little. Right now my current set up is a I7 3770k paired with a asus gtx 770 direct cu 2 gpu with 8 gigs of ram. this set up would be similar to the set up you will be running with the 970. but a little newer. But the difference between processor to video card would be roughly the same. my gpu came factory oc. for my set up i had to completely declock my video card to get it to work properly with my cpu. with the factory settings i had major issues with artifacting while in game. although it does not really affect performance it is highly annoying to look at. So that is something to keep in mind. your cpu is a little older now i believe and the 970 is still a pretty good card. I believe if  you have any issues at all this would be the only one. But it is a simple fix if you know how to oc/dc. if not im sure myself or anyone in here can help you. if it turns out that you have no issues and it works perfectly. You will absolutely love the gpu and the possibilities it will give you. My vote would be to go for it. any little bugs can be worked out when the time comes if need be.

a nice ssd will also make a world of difference also

i can almost promise you if you put a 1070 on your current set up, that you will never get the full potential of the card. you in a sense would be wasting money. for what you have right now a 970 would do you wonders. hell even a 770 would work out pretty amazing for you. i would shoot down the 1070 only based on the current set up you are running at the moment. 

Do a 970 with a nice SSD. a nice samsung evo 840 500g would work perfectly fine. get both of those. and you will have a fantastic setup

Ty. Now i have to stream from my low-end laptop Solitaire or sth to get donations lol

• Like 1

I have money, I'm just wondering what's the max price I wanna spend on this.

But the max is ~300, would prefer somewhere between 200-300.. But if 10/10 goes towards 970, and you guys say it will work 100% fine with the current setup, I might buy one of those.

a decent 970 will run you about 300ish plus tax and shipping. i would say save your pennies and get the card and ssd at the same time. you will notice the most performance that way. and like i said. the worst case senior you might have to adjust your clock settings. which when the time comes i can help you with that

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Gidgit said:

a decent 970 will run you about 300ish plus tax and shipping. i would say save your pennies and get the card and ssd at the same time. you will notice the most performance that way. and like i said. the worst case senior you might have to adjust your clock settings. which when the time comes i can help you with that

If that is the price for a 970 he might as well wait to get the 1070 since it runes about $70 more. Even though he won't make full use of it he will be future proofing for a better setup down the road.