Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Community Run Olympus News???

I here a lot of people asking for Olympus News to come back so why not have a community run Olympus News team and show @Peter Long (I'm pretty sure he ran it??) that it will work this time.

All people would have to do is have binocular's out and pretend they are the News team that simple. Then when u make the post on the forums just write News Team- (and then the topic) .

Sure you wouldn't have the Clothes, Veichles and adjusted rules towards you but its a start... maybe even make a public TS room for it.

Thoughts???

15 minutes ago, Fedot said:

Fedot4NewsTeamLead

I wasn't around when the News team was a thing, did they get paid for anything? If not maybe a way to make people be more motivated is by giving them like 20 k per hour they play (don't know if this can be done in a plug in or some shit) I'm sure that would get people on there!

Peter Long handed this rein down to Mr. Kevin and Pete Malloy. Pete made a twenty minute long video on Virus as he came back that weekend and he was a very old time player. Pete always talked about doing more with it but was very limited to it because he had no access to the applications or communication with the man himself Poseidon. He put out his video hoping for a positive response but due to its length a lot of people veered away from it and left a sort of lack luster one. Kevin the guy with the power, (no hurt feelings) did nothing at all to better the team. He actually had control over the applications but yet didn't do anything about it (ie. hosting meetings) The Community/ News has been here and there ever since Jorbis was around and he really set the whole kit and kaboodle up and did a great job with it. Peter gave it a shot but it was too much work for him as he had other projects in the works which is understandable as he was working towards admin and was a deputy chief I believe at the time. I believe the slots are still on the server but the only way to get whitelisted is through poseidon and him only. There was nothing special to news team however, we got news vests and some nifty laser designators. The only good thing about news team is you couldn't be robbed and it made everything a simpler time. I myself just abused it to use the hatchback skin but now that is gone aswell. I know Talindor made a COPS video a month or two back and I bet he would love to help as he's a mod now and could really help out. He has been on the server for a long time and knows his ways around things. He may be your best option to get a friendly face to back your operation. Good luck!

Edited by reformed and nice dejay
1 hour ago, Frank Castle44 said:

I wasn't around when the News team was a thing, did they get paid for anything? If not maybe a way to make people be more motivated is by giving them like 20 k per hour they play (don't know if this can be done in a plug in or some shit) I'm sure that would get people on there!

I'm pretty sure they got a set pay for every clip of video, article etc they made

But what is news team without the vehicles? Maybe there would be a shop like the taxi shop and you would buy a license to be able to buy news vehicles.

31 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm pretty sure they got a set pay for every clip of video, article etc they made

But what is news team without the vehicles? Maybe there would be a shop like the taxi shop and you would buy a license to be able to buy news missivehicles.

missionfile  is already too big etcetcetc :Kappa:

• Like 1

I saw there was a news team down in Kavela yesterday, and I was really excited. It seemed like it was an official thing, as they had the words ~~News Anchor~~ written under their name in blue. Conveniently the day they bring the news team back is the day all hell broke loose in Kavela. Cars exploding all over the place, people rdming, groups of guys getting together and killing all cops they saw, fuckin' insane.

I don't know if it's an official group now, but if it is how do you join in?

Looking forward to seeing articles posted on the forums :D

2 minutes ago, OlympusAccount said:

I saw there was a news team down in Kavela yesterday, and I was really excited. It seemed like it was an official thing, as they had the words ~~News Anchor~~ written under their name in blue. Conveniently the day they bring the news team back is the day all hell broke loose in Kavela. Cars exploding all over the place, people rdming, groups of guys getting together and killing all cops they saw, fuckin' insane.

I don't know if it's an official group now, but if it is how do you join in?

Looking forward to seeing articles posted on the forums :D

They were probably white listed before the team was disbanded, so they kept their spot. If anything changed since then, there is no way to join the news team at the moment.